THEE OFFICIAL PLAYOFFS THREAD OF THE B2B NBA CHAMPIONS @MiamiHEAT

Yeah man wish Mikey wasn't making so much. Would love to dump off Juwan and Joel as well. Maybe ship off James Jones too.

Yeah man wish Mikey wasn't making so much. Would love to dump off Juwan and Joel as well. Maybe ship off James Jones too.

Juwan and Jones barely coat 2.5 million together. Their contracts aren't backbreakers. Joel gots to go!

Juwan and Jones barely coat 2.5 million together. Their contracts aren't backbreakers. Joel gots to go!

It's just the fact that they're mainly benchwarmers lol. Joel definitely has to go though. But probably won't.
Want Ray back.. if we can resign Birdman it'd be great. Still the possibility of signing Oden though.

Riley was just on LeBatard show and it was a great interview. Check the podcast out.

Anyway some things he addressed:

-Wade will be dropping to 212 lbs.
-Wade will have to re-develop himself this offseason

Riley was just on LeBatard show and it was a great interview. Check the podcast out.

That will do wonders for him to drop some pounds. What did he mean by re-develop though? Might have to go find that podcast.

Didn't you say some time ago that it'd be good for him to drop some weight because off all that muscle mass he's built up over the years?

Last edited:
That will do wonders for him to drop some pounds. What did he mean by re-develop though? Might have to go find that podcast.
Didn't you say some time ago that it'd be good for him to drop some weight because off all that muscle mass he's built up over the years?
It will do wonders for his game to drop some of that weight. It will help his quickness big time. His straight-line speed wasn't bad, but his lift and explosion wasn't there. He was playing with too much weight on those knees and it affected his game severely.

At one point, Wade was up to 230. :x :smh:

If he can get to 212 as planned, he will be able to see changes. If you want to see what weight loss can do, look at Kobe Bean Bryant last season. :smokin

if mike wanted to rework his contract to something feasable, would it be allowed under the CBA?

i remember talks of Manu doing the same this coming season.

Shoot. I think hes at like 218-222 right now. 210-212 would be good. Maybe even a little less. 230 is waay too much.

Wade has the ability to become a good mid range shooter. He was a great mid range shooter in his early career. If he can get back to that itll be huge. The weight drop will help the lift with his jumper too. I wish he would have tried to expand his range to the 3 and work on becoming a more consistent shooter (post injury) though like LeBron is trying to do now.

2013 Miami Heat NBA Championship Parade (photos)

View media item 469152

View media item 469152View media item 469153View media item 469154View media item 469155Tracy & Alijah Mourning
View media item 469157Chris Bosh
@evilhag
View media item 469158Jarvis Varnado & Chris "Birdman" Andersen
View media item 469159Ken Gorin & Mike Miller
let it fly
View media item 469160Joel Anthony, Jarvis Varnado, & Shane Battier
battioke, dennys
View media item 469228Erik Spoelstra
View media item 469162DJ Irie & Ken Gorin
View media item 469163Julia Dale
View media item 469165Banana Man
View media item 469164#3
View media item 469166Dwyane Wade
d.wade flash w.o.w.
View media item 469167LeBron James & Juwan Howard
king james, bron, lbj, #6, mvp, witness greatness, fab 5
View media item 469168View media item 469169View media item 469170View media item 469171View media item 469172Norris Cole, Ray Allen, Rashard Lewis
jesus shuttlesworth, sugar ray
View media item 469173View media item 469174View media item 469175View media item 469176View media item 469177View media item 469178View media item 469179View media item 469180View media item 469181View media item 469182View media item 469183View media item 469184View media item 469185View media item 469186View media item 469187View media item 469161View media item 469188
Miami, FL – June 24, 2013 – Nearly 400,000 people lined the streets of Downtown Miami yesterday morning to watch the 2013 NBA Champions Miami Heat parade through the city. An entourage of luxury cars from The Collection joined the parade as Dwyane Wade is the official spokesperson and billboard honoree for the Coral Gables car dealership, and they’ve been an important part of the Heat franchise. People came as far as Palm Beach County and as early as 5am to start lining up to get a good spot for the festivities. Starting on Calle Ocho, the parade ran through Brickell and finished in Downtown at the American Airlines Arena, with a private rally for season ticket holders.

i was the one asking if it had anything to do with his knee injuries.. extra weight on your upper body puts more stress on your knees and ankles.. if he would drop weight like 08/09 go back to flash

Ennis can be a very promising pick up.. If all goes well I'm seeing a young, athletic wing that can become a solid defender and hit some 3s. Still wondering about Greg Oden though..

And what do you guys think about Kadji?

greg oden is too big a risk imo. hasnt played 1 good year YET. why put our necks out there for him? we dont even know WHAT oden can do lol. also, that ennis video makes me like him. good form on shooting the midrange (keep in mind that line thats painted there is the HS 3pt line, so its another 3 ft back or so for the nba 3) got good handles, and athleticism. his downfall is he wants to be a forward, which would make him our smallest forward at 6'7. but who knows, he changes the dynamic of our game by doubling up the athleticism in that department.

sidenote:

i had to comment, i HATE stuff like this. people look so stupid going out with their ipads using them as cameras smfh

I mean we did have Eddy Curry on our roster 2 years ago lol. Greg Oden could only help us. I don't see the big risk

James Ennis Pre-Draft workout with the Clippers

LBSU 2012-2013 Highlights

I like this guy. He seems like a perfect fit for Miami's system. He's defensive minded with a decent offensive skill set. He also seems like a humble guy, which should fit in with the personalities on the team. If he makes the team it'll be because of his defense and offensive play making ability.

Ray Allen exercises player option
Updated: June 28, 2013, 5:56 PM ET
By Brian Windhorst | ESPN.com

Miami Heat guard Ray Allen has decided to exercise his $3.2 million player option for next season, Allen's agent Jim Tanner told ESPN.com.

Allen had a terrific NBA Finals, averaging 10.6 points and shooting 55 percent on 3-pointers. His buzzer-beater in Game 6 that forced overtime instantly became one of the biggest clutch shots in Finals history.

Allen played in 79 games during the regular season, proving his durability, and averaged 10.9 points while shooting 42 percent from 3-point range.

Last summer, Allen turned down a two-year, $12 million offer from the Boston Celtics to take a two-year, $6.2 million deal with an opt-out clause from the Heat.

With Allen's decision, the Heat will be facing a luxury tax bill of about $30 million for next season. Veterans James Jones and Rashard Lewis also picked up player options for next season.

Allen's decision may have an impact on what the Heat decide to do with Mike Miller. If the Heat use the amnesty provision to release Miller, they can save $14 million in tax payments.

Team president Pat Riley has said he would like to keep Miller, but the decision is up to owner Micky Arison.

Back
Top Bottom