They don't make action movies like they used to..

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

You just posting classics. My pops owned a video store in the 80's, you have no idea how many TERRIBLE action flicks there are from that era. I'm with dude, your typical action movie today is better than your typical action flick 25 years ago. Not that it's a fair fight, technology > *

technology isn't everything, if Micheal Bay has taught me anything it's that technology can completely ruin the essence of any movie. 80s/90s action movies had grittiness and realism.

roll.gif
at 80's action movies having realism
I agree though, technology isn't everything but it can certainly make a bad movie a watchable movie. 

You just posting classics. My pops owned a video store in the 80's, you have no idea how many TERRIBLE action flicks there are from that era. I'm with dude, your typical action movie today is better than your typical action flick 25 years ago. Not that it's a fair fight, technology > *

technology isn't everything, if Micheal Bay has taught me anything it's that technology can completely ruin the essence of any movie. 80s/90s action movies had grittiness and realism.

roll.gif
I agree though, technology isn't everything but it can certainly make a bad movie a watchable movie. 

Funny, me and my girl had this same convo a couple week back... I can watch any 80s 90s action flick ( not just action too ) and sit through the whole thing. Idk why, but i can barely watch anything nowadays.

Funny, me and my girl had this same convo a couple week back... I can watch any 80s 90s action flick ( not just action too ) and sit through the whole thing. Idk why, but i can barely watch anything nowadays.

Machete was legit too, as far as recent movies paying homage to action movies of yesteryear.

And the lack of mentioning a single Jackie Chan movie is appalling.

b5754.jpg

supercop.jpg

drunken_master.jpg
The GOAT

Machete was legit too, as far as recent movies paying homage to action movies of yesteryear.

b5754.jpg

supercop.jpg

drunken_master.jpg
The GOAT

roll.gif

i stand by what i said about realism......cgi and 20 OD explosions doesnt make  a flick look or feel real to me.

well, by realism i wasn't getting at the concept behind the movie...one dude shooting up a small army is clearly not the least bit realistic
laugh.gif

roll.gif

i stand by what i said about realism......cgi and 20 OD explosions doesnt make  a flick look or feel real to me.

well, by realism i wasn't getting at the concept behind the movie...one dude shooting up a small army is clearly not the least bit realistic
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by p0tat0 5alad

b5754.jpg

supercop.jpg

drunken_master.jpg
The GOAT

///thread

Originally Posted by p0tat0 5alad

b5754.jpg

supercop.jpg

drunken_master.jpg
The GOAT

///thread

Back
Top Bottom