They don't make action movies like they used to..

Originally Posted by kix4kix

I was just saying this in another thread, Arnold, Stalone, Norris, Chan, Segal, even throw Willis in there, I didn't know how spoiled I was.

Most of those actors are in the Expendables right?
Have you seen that movie?
If so is it worth the watch?

Originally Posted by 49er4Life

Originally Posted by moundraised23

include Lethal Weapon and the Die hard series

pimp.gif
This, how you gonna talk about action movies and not post the GOAT action Films. LW is my S***
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

You just posting classics. My pops owned a video store in the 80's, you have no idea how many TERRIBLE action flicks there are from that era. I'm with dude, your typical action movie today is better than your typical action flick 25 years ago. Not that it's a fair fight, technology > *

technology isn't everything, if Micheal Bay has taught me anything it's that technology can completely ruin the essence of any movie. 80s/90s action movies had grittiness and realism.

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

You just posting classics. My pops owned a video store in the 80's, you have no idea how many TERRIBLE action flicks there are from that era. I'm with dude, your typical action movie today is better than your typical action flick 25 years ago. Not that it's a fair fight, technology > *

technology isn't everything, if Micheal Bay has taught me anything it's that technology can completely ruin the essence of any movie. 80s/90s action movies had grittiness and realism.

[h3]
You're right, they are better nowadays.
[/h3]

grin.gif
@ Michael Bay.

The entire Action genre has received a major face lift over the years.  The mindless popcorn fare of yesteryear is not as abundant as they once were...with the exception of Michael Bay films (
laugh.gif
).

The majority of the films posted so far are terrible.

[h3]
[/h3]

grin.gif
@ Michael Bay.

The entire Action genre has received a major face lift over the years.  The mindless popcorn fare of yesteryear is not as abundant as they once were...with the exception of Michael Bay films (
laugh.gif
).

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

[h3]
[/h3]

grin.gif
@ Michael Bay.

laugh.gif
).

meh your opinion, i like some newer actions films but i appreciate the wanton/senseless violence offered by the action heros of the 80s. Only expendables comes close to mimicking the feel of a chuck norris/ arnold flick.
laugh.gif
 The movie was an over the top, testosterone driven bloody bro-fest.

[h3]
[/h3]

grin.gif
@ Michael Bay.

laugh.gif
).

meh your opinion, i like some newer actions films but i appreciate the wanton/senseless violence offered by the action heros of the 80s. Only expendables comes close to mimicking the feel of a chuck norris/ arnold flick.
laugh.gif

Yes they do. Those are good, and they still make good ones.

In 10 or so years they'll be saying they don't make action movies like back in the 10's

In 10 or so years they'll be saying they don't make action movies like back in the 10's

Originally Posted by kash55

i'm not saying there aren't many good ones in the 2000s and in the present, i'm just appreciating 80s/90s action flicks for what they were. new age action heros (will smiths and keanu reeves) are great in their own right.

Originally Posted by kash55

i'm not saying there aren't many good ones in the 2000s and in the present, i'm just appreciating 80s/90s action flicks for what they were. new age action heros (will smiths and keanu reeves) are great in their own right.

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

[h3]
[/h3]
grin.gif
@ Michael Bay.

laugh.gif
).

laugh.gif

Hey..Leave him alone alright, what he says is fact.

There's even a thread about him..

Link

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

[h3]
[/h3]
grin.gif
@ Michael Bay.

laugh.gif
).

laugh.gif

Hey..Leave him alone alright, what he says is fact.

There's even a thread about him..

Link

--80's action movies > action movies that came after them.
--Arnold, Stallone, Van Damme among others were at the top of their games.

--80's action movies > action movies that came after them.
--Arnold, Stallone, Van Damme among others were at the top of their games.

Originally Posted by Ginzo

I was just saying this in another thread, Arnold, Stalone, Norris, Chan, Segal, even throw Willis in there, I didn't know how spoiled I was.

Haven't seen it, won't see it.

Originally Posted by Ginzo

Haven't seen it, won't see it.

Back
Top Bottom