Thinking About Moving In With My GF In The Summer.... What To Expect?

Originally Posted by SURE LOCK 510

**** it then.. move in with the dorms bein your back up plan
smokin.gif
QFT. The dorm room thing sounds like a great Plan b.

Originally Posted by I Drink Your Milkshake

Originally Posted by Spot Rusherz

Originally Posted by DOWNTOWN43

aren't you only 18 and about to attended college full time???

We both have jobs and we are splitting rent.

What is the difference from having a dorm and paying to live there, and having an apt. and paying to live there?

After all is said and done... it is a few thousand dollars cheaper to have our own apt. than live in the dorms...
you are about to start college... there is a 98% chance that you will not stay in a relationship with this girl all four years. trust me.
What do you base this off of?
laugh.gif
... personal experience? Where are the statistics?

She already gives me everything I want, and vice versa... so theres no need to 'bring anyone else home'
laugh.gif
he says it cuz it's truth. not trying to discourage you, but NOBODY I know who started out college ended college with the same person. Just for the simple fact that most people do change after college...sometimes for the better and sometimes for the worst. Stuff you want now, you may not want when you're done.

Well I mean people are different.

For example :

My grandparents met in HS, been through college, and they have been together ever since.. ( 55 years old ).

Sounds to me like you are more trying to approach it from a financial (splitting rent) than an emotional stand point. Anyways, you're young....you got time. I'd honestly say wait until you guys are done with school and revisit the issue. That don't mean ya'll got to break up, but I mean---just slow down (like Puba
laugh.gif
)

The financial situation has nothing to do with us wanting to move in with each other tho ...

If that was the case, then I would just have one of my dudes as a room mate...

if you're bout to be a freshman please please wait to move in with her...you two will change so much and its probably best that you live away from eachother and have your own experiences...moving in is a big deal and you don't want to jump into something that could be forever and mess it up cuz youweren't ready...even if you've been together for 2 years you were probably both living at home so you really don't even know what its like to beonw your own yet...

You gotta make a list of Pros and Cons and really completely think through each one especially the Cons. Both of you need to do this and then come together andreally talk through all your concerns.

You guys are young. You guys should really consider giving each other time to grow on your own first. Maybe live in dorms the first semester and then maybemove in together the second semester?

Originally Posted by I Drink Your Milkshake

What is the difference from having a dorm and paying to live there, and having an apt. and paying to live there?

After all is said and done... it is a few thousand dollars cheaper to have our own apt. than live in the dorms...
you are about to start college... there is a 98% chance that you will not stay in a relationship with this girl all four years. trust me.
laugh.gif

She already gives me everything I want, and vice versa... so theres no need to 'bring anyone else home'
laugh.gif
he says it cuz it's truth. not trying to discourage you, but NOBODY I know who started out college ended college with the same person. Just for the simple fact that most people do change after college...sometimes for the better and sometimes for the worst. Stuff you want now, you may not want when you're done.

For example :

My grandparents met in HS, been through college, and they have been together ever since.. ( 55 years old ).

Sounds to me like you are more trying to approach it from a financial (splitting rent) than an emotional stand point. Anyways, you're young....you got time. I'd honestly say wait until you guys are done with school and revisit the issue. That don't mean ya'll got to break up, but I mean---just slow down (like Puba
laugh.gif
)

The financial situation has nothing to do with us wanting to move in with each other tho ...

If that was the case, then I would just have one of my dudes as a room mate...

It sounds like you know the answer to every question but your own!

Expect the unexpected! Next topic please
eyes.gif
laugh.gif

I mean none of these posts are go to persuade me to change my mind
laugh.gif

I was just asking what I should expect...

Wait your only 18 ?

Yea homie you might wanna slow down atleast how your first year of college goes, college is a great experience and 18 is a little to young to be shackled downimo

Highschool love is one thing but moving in together is a big jump people change and the stress of bills and other obligationscan add to that

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

She gives you everything you want but you still have a bunch of side pieces??? I'm confused.

For example :

Exactly ... more than half of the people on Niketalk are regular people with regular relationships .

Just because you & some people you know changed when they got in college doesn't mean anything .
alien.gif

Everybody's different .

I'm a Sophomore in college & still with the same dude I've been with since Junior Year of High School .

I know for a fact that me & mine are going to be together after college ...
I would slit my wrists & post tagged pics on NT if we didn't .

I understand why people on NT say these things though ...
they wouldn't even let their significant others have their unlock key on their phone .
laugh.gif

First word of advice,

DONT DO IT. do whatever in your power to not live with this girl.

But if you really have to, it could either be the worst or best decision of you life.

This can either make or break your relationship. Basically if you are strong enough to work through the horrible things that you are about to experience, yourrelationship will be stronger than ever and you will be able to handle hard times down the road.

IF NOT, then at least you will know what to look for in a woman to spend the rest of your life with.

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

She gives you everything you want but you still have a bunch of side pieces??? I'm confused.
Side pieces?... those have been cut off.
laugh.gif

Why mention that anyways?... Like how does someone remember a random **+ thread made by someone on the internet?

Don't watch me, watch TV.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Chi ILL

For example :

Exactly ... more than half of the people on Niketalk are regular people with regular relationships .

Just because you & some people you know changed when they got in college doesn't mean anything .
alien.gif

Everybody's different .

I'm a Sophomore in college & still with the same dude I've been with since Junior Year of High School .

they wouldn't even let their significant others have their unlock key on their phone .
laugh.gif

you're a sophmore in college but you're still 16...i hope you and your bf make it and SpotRushers and his girl do too but chances are itwon't...every relationship is different but college is def. a life changing experience and you never know how you'll come out of it until you do...

if thats the case then you're def. not ready...college is a whole new world for side pieces...i'm not for cheating but i def. suggest youknow all thats out there and college is a great time to figure that out...you don't want to want to go out but can't cuz your girl at at HOME not herdorm but HOME and she don't want you to go...

For example :

alien.gif

Everybody's different .

laugh.gif

lookin forward to that thread, cuz lord knows its coming
nerd.gif
can i quote that as my sig?

Things have changed though, ur grandparents are very different from this generation. 50 years ago divorce was practically unheard of and now thats how morethan half of marriages end, see what im gettin at?

and wait...ur a 16 y/o college sophomore?

Can people who ACTUALLY live with their significant other post pros and cons?

laugh.gif
dudes just saying ' don't do it '... half you dudes are virgins and posting in denim threads taking baths in your jeans.
smh.gif
laugh.gif

you're a sophmore in college but you're still 16...i hope you and your bf make it and SpotRushers and his girl do too but chances are it won't...every relationship is different but college is def. a life changing experience and you never know how you'll come out of it until you do...

If I'm younger (and like you guys say ... immature) , I would be worse in this situation (right?) .

The purpose of you guys saying that it won't work ...
"Don't get into relationships in college because they will dwindle ..."
Are the same people that can't handle a relationship in the beginning , so they shouldn't even be in one .
You can't handle a relationship because of college ? You're weak .

I'm at the point in my life where most teenage girls would be #***%@+ mad _'s , not able to handle a relationship ...
& I'm totally different . I know myself & I know him , & I know what we have (just like Spot knows what they have) ...

Everyone's situations don't apply to everyone else so just stop it .

I mean none of these posts are go to persuade me to change my mind
laugh.gif

I was just asking what I should expect...

what did you expect to hear? half of NT is filled with virgins that talk like they're pimps..they'll always tell you not ot go through with it

Can people who ACTUALLY live with their significant other post pros and cons?

laugh.gif
dudes just saying ' don't do it '... half you dudes are virgins and posting in denim threads taking baths in your jeans.
smh.gif
laugh.gif
I already put my info in. We have lived together for almost 2 years now.

you're a sophmore in college but you're still 16...i hope you and your bf make it and SpotRushers and his girl do too but chances are it won't...every relationship is different but college is def. a life changing experience and you never know how you'll come out of it until you do...
If I'm younger (and like you guys say ... immature) , I would be worse in this situation (right?) .

Are the same people that can't handle a relationship in the beginning , so they shouldn't even be in one .
You can't handle a relationship because of college ? You're weak if that's true .

But what I bolded is exactly what I'm talking about .

thats not what we're saying...people change...and they change alot in college...who i was at 16 is not the same person i am now at 22 and i hope to not bethe same at 32...and i was never a wild child so its not like it was an amazing transformation...i considered myself mature for my age at the time compared tomy peers yet i'm still not that same person...and it can be hard to continue to be with someone after all those changes for good or for bad...you two mayjust decide that you want to live here and he wants to live there...then you realize LD isn't want you want...or you just wake up one day next to eachother and decide its time for something new...nothing to do with being weak...just CHANGE...and experiences...

Originally Posted by shortydoowopp

You can't handle a relationship because of college ? You're weak if that's true .

thats not what we're saying...people change...and they change alot in college...who i was at 16 is not the same person i am now at 22 and i hope to not be the same at 32...and i was never a wild child so its not like it was an amazing transformation...i considered myself mature for my age at the time compared to my peers yet i'm still not that same person...and it can be hard to continue to be with someone after all those changes for good or for bad...you two may just decide that you want to live here and he wants to live there...then you realize LD isn't want you want...or you just wake up one day next to each other and decide its time for something new...nothing to do with being weak...just CHANGE...and experiences...

but 16 year olds dont really listen to what other people have to say... so i dont know why you typed all that... she aint finna take no advice or even consideryour points...

thas part of bein 16... doin things the hard way

Originally Posted by ericberry14

Originally Posted by shortydoowopp

thats not what we're saying...people change...and they change alot in college...who i was at 16 is not the same person i am now at 22 and i hope to not be the same at 32...and i was never a wild child so its not like it was an amazing transformation...i considered myself mature for my age at the time compared to my peers yet i'm still not that same person...and it can be hard to continue to be with someone after all those changes for good or for bad...you two may just decide that you want to live here and he wants to live there...then you realize LD isn't want you want...or you just wake up one day next to each other and decide its time for something new...nothing to do with being weak...just CHANGE...and experiences...

but 16 year olds dont really listen to what other people have to say... so i dont know why you typed all that... she aint finna take no advice or even consider your points...

thas part of bein 16... doin things the heard way

Fail

True love is REAL and can withstand the test of time...you're only 18, if you love each other continue the relationship but live seperate...TRUST ME
Son, I'm in college now and I thought my ex was "the one" until I attended college...you're not going to make it. If you do make itFAITHFULLY and she messes up (which she will) after college I'm 100% sure you will "STEVE GRANT" (google him) that *#!...

Back
Top Bottom