This Dude Travis Barker May Be Superhuman...

Originally Posted by iHateTimeDotCom

Originally Posted by OptimusPrimeAPhiA

Originally Posted by XxHonchoxX

Originally Posted by ILLIONAIRE

Drake stan wrote:
Dude is super overrated. Nothing complex about what he's doing AT ALL.

Its the tats and image that got ya'll all hype.

Sorry..
tired.gif
smh.gif

But, Travis is a genius though.

pimp.gif
Ya'll hyping a dude who isn't adding anything to an existing beat.

Dude is famous, thats it. I've seen all his "remixes" and they're nothing to be proud of. If you like dudes tatted up with that "image" of being some bad-@@$ drummer...well thats cool but don't compare him to dudes who are actually showing "superhuman" or advanced technique.

ok you want drum talent? so I can shut you up?
Youtube this kid named http://www.youtube.com/user/ocdrumxkid

Dude takes MASSIVE dumps on Travis dude is super hype.

dude is on his euro $!@%... that speed drumming... i watched BOB and amazin... both were sick... dude's hat work is dope...

i thoroughly enjoyed his videos, big ups on puttin me on his remixes! his music taste is
pimp.gif

Wasn't really feeling this as much as Dope boys, but are those black and red 1's he got on? Don't really pay much attention to dude but I thinkthis the first time I seen him rock some jordans

its Labrev wrote:
His cover of Day N Nite, simple or not it's
pimp.gif
to me.
I wish he'd do the whole song though.

Wow it looks like the people in the crowd arnt showin Cudi any love.�
embarassed.gif

��

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

he's a great drummer, but you guys are definitely only hyping him because he's playing music that finally relates to most of you all.. in truth, i bet most of hyping you know very little about drumming.

Bingo...no hate but this was a very pedestrian remix...one kinda advanced fill in the whole vid. His pocket is ridiculous...but nothing mind blowing at allabout that vid. And to those saying Metal> any other drumming
indifferent.gif
.Jazz, R&B or Gospel are easily more difficult than metal. MUCH more technical drumming in those genres...actually they are interchangeable throughout anyother genre. You excel at one of these you'll excel in any other genre.

And here are a couple vids of difficult drumming

Sorry I dunno how to embed

Originally Posted by JsindaA

And to those saying Metal> any other drumming
indifferent.gif
. Jazz, R&B or Gospel are easily more difficult than metal. MUCH more technical drumming in those genres...actually they are interchangeable throughout any other genre. You excel at one of these you'll excel in any other genre.
You must be joking. Gospel?
Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

Originally Posted by rareairheadXIII

joey jordison> travis barker
Yeah...no.
Yeah.

Drummers in churches grow up to be the best drummers...

If you ever listen to songs that producers call in drummers for they grew up in the church...those are the cats with the best musical intuition...

Originally Posted by mace40

Originally Posted by JsindaA

And to those saying Metal> any other drumming
indifferent.gif
. Jazz, R&B or Gospel are easily more difficult than metal. MUCH more technical drumming in those genres...actually they are interchangeable throughout any other genre. You excel at one of these you'll excel in any other genre.
You must be joking. Gospel?

No not at all....outside of Travis really the most renowned drummers(Aaron Spears, Tony Royster, George "Spanky" McCurdy, Gerald Heyward, etc. ALLstarted playing gospel. So 1 metal(he's not even metal) vs countless gospel....yea..no contest.

If you ever listen to songs that producers call in drummers for they grew up in the church...those are the cats with the best musical intuition...
laugh.gif

I don't care if they spent their life in the seminary, they'll be praying for an out if they're ever slotted to drum against an angry pagan.

To say a jazz drummer can outdrum a metal drummer is one thing, to try and apply that logic to the Kirk Franklin crowd is ludicrous.

laugh.gif

I don't care if they spent their life in the seminary, they'll be praying for an out if they're ever slotted to drum against an angry pagan.

To say a jazz drummer can outdrum a metal drummer is one thing, to try and apply that logic to the Kirk Franklin crowd is ludicrous.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

It's quite evident you don't know much about drumming. 1) Gospel is an offshoot of jazz..basically all the phrases are the same. 2) I know 0 gospeldrummers who can't play metal....I know 0 metal drummers who can play gospel...what does that tell you? On top of the fact that pretty much every gospeldrummer doesn't use a double...yet can make the single sound the same as a double.

All that tells me that you need to get out of church and listen to some music with balls. I personally know drummers who can "make the single sound thesame as a double" as well, but that doesn't prove a thing.

I'd trade a Gene Hoglan or a Dave Lombardo for a boatload of Aaron Spears/Calvin Rodgers/Tony Royster/whomever. You can't compare rap studio sessiondrummers with metal drummers.

All that tells me that you need to get out of church and listen to some music with balls. I personally know drummers who can "make the single sound the same as a double" as well, but that doesn't prove a thing.

I'd trade a Gene Hoglan or a Dave Lombardo for a boatload of Aaron Spears/Calvin Rodgers/Tony Royster/whomever. You can't compare rap studio session drummers with metal drummers.
Being that I've been in drumming for 10 years....and I've played jazz for 5 now...I kinda HAVE to listen to "music withballs"...whatever that is. Metal phrases have absolutely nothing on Gospel, R&B, or Jazz. That doesn't mean that metal drummers aren't goodbut it's just not the same league as the previously mentioned genres.

All that tells me that you need to get out of church and listen to some music with balls. I personally know drummers who can "make the single sound the same as a double" as well, but that doesn't prove a thing.

I'd trade a Gene Hoglan or a Dave Lombardo for a boatload of Aaron Spears/Calvin Rodgers/Tony Royster/whomever. You can't compare rap studio session drummers with metal drummers.

laugh.gif
fool sounds like an idiot

Back
Top Bottom