This Footy Thread is Now Closed, New Thread Link on Last page

Status
Not open for further replies.
Benjamin Mendy was set for a City medical on Tuesday, but that was scrapped because the clubs have still not agreed a fee. [The Times]
Monaco are demanding around £45m for Mendy and City are hoping to sign another left-back to provide competition for him. [The Times]

Seriously??? smdh

If Neymar's release clause gets paid, Barca can do nothing is he wants to leave.

It will be interesting how it all plays out. I also don't see it happening, but you never know these days. These fees are ridiculous. I mean 222M euros just to trigger his release. PSG will still have to pay him, and if he's getting close to Messi money (30M euro a year), that is just insane to me.

he's worth more though

Lmao the thought of Danilo at DM.

Pep knows more than I ever can learn in 3 lifetimes about midfield play, but I mean...it's Danilo. Not Alaba.

I think a big issue with him in his stint at RM was the pressure of playing on that world class wavelength with his other teammates being too much. Zidane, the miracle worker he's been, finally inspired confidence in him when Carvajal missed the last month domestically, which raised his stock tremendously and let RM get a refund on him.

I personally thought he'd be a better fit in Chelsea, as a workhorse getting up and down. He's a great athlete with a great physique. There also wouldn't have been as much technical demand on him, to play slow build up football.

But when I think of the DM position, I think of tactical awareness, intelligence, and patience. These are Danilo's poorest qualities. Which is why it's shocking to see City is interested in plugging him in there.

But what do I know compared to Pep.

He speaks spanish.

Pep signs him.

Lol what are you talking about? Prime is talking about the lengthy Lukaku - Morata discussions had when everyone thought they'd end up on the others current team at the start of the summer

If PSG pulls a double and get Alexis & Neymar, and then you have Chelsea making their moves, the CL R.o.16/Quarters should be some of the most interesting editions we've seen in years.

Imagine a quarter-final where 7/8 teams were:

RM
Barca
Bayern
Juve
PSG
Chelsea
Atleti

And then possibly 1 of United/City

So because Woody and Flo couldn't come to an agreement, you want to see possibly the most electric young talent on the planet who also happens to be extremely likable flop?

I don't think somebody who genuinely loves football can root against Mbappe. For a footy fan, that's basically rooting against inspiration, joy, and entertainment. Unless he goes to RM and it's a Barca fan, then I'd get it.

Martial a flop already?

Dude was electric in his first season, got his confidence shot at the Euros, but still has a huge future ahead of him.

I just want everyone to temper expectations with these 18 and 19 year olds. Gabby Jesus, Rashford, Mbappe all have tons of potential but none are going to entirely burn down a league.

The amount of money teams are putting into these under 21's is ridiculous and will definitely overshadow their performances.

Mbappe goes for his price and he will be slaughtered if he goes to England and doesn't perform to his price tag.

I saw an article calling James a "flop" before he went to Bayern. That's telling everything to be said about price paid and expectations, whether you get a fair shake or not.

It's not fair imo but I guess that's just the law of the land

Damnit PSG has too many players as is and they want to add neymar and who knows who else?!

Alexis is who else :pimp:

I hope for both, expect neither

Last edited:
Either way I think Flo can shove it and I hope they drop $140M on Mbappe only for him to be the next Martial...

This sounds nothing like wanting everyone to temper their expectations. It sounds more like you wish the young man something other than success, in spite of a millionaire who's employed by a billionaire (Woody) not reaching a financial agreement with a billionaire (Flo.)

It's a free world tho b in 2017. How you choose to love the game and express your fanhood in the end of the day is your business.

Tuning in to the marseille vs sporting match... looks like Payet is going nowhere. Blew his chances at signing with a big club by pulling that stunt on west ham.

Not happy about Morata to Chelsea. Fits them like a glove. **** off Madrid.

IMG_0819.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom