This Footy Thread is Now Closed, New Thread Link on Last page

Status
Not open for further replies.
This how y'all like your jerseys to fit?

IMG_7916.JPG

I feel you b. It would have been better if it was just a BS rumor those don't get your hopes up. But now that a good source is sticking their neck out for it that means there is at least some truth to it. I still don't think it happens though would be wild.

Yeah I definitely don't see it happening either. Even if he has interest, I don't see Barca letting him go.

Alexis wants CL football. Paris got that.

Yeah I definitely don't see it happening either. Even if he has interest, I don't see Barca letting him go.

Alexis wants CL football. Paris got that.

If Neymar's release clause gets paid, Barca can do nothing is he wants to leave.

It will be interesting how it all plays out. I also don't see it happening, but you never know these days. These fees are ridiculous. I mean 222M euros just to trigger his release. PSG will still have to pay him, and if he's getting close to Messi money (30M euro a year), that is just insane to me.

It's funny when some of y'all post the same damn **** not knowing someone had posted it a page back.

Either way I think Flo can shove it and I hope they drop $140M on Mbappe only for him to be the next Martial...

So because Woody and Flo couldn't come to an agreement, you want to see possibly the most electric young talent on the planet who also happens to be extremely likable flop?

I don't think somebody who genuinely loves football can root against Mbappe. For a footy fan, that's basically rooting against inspiration, joy, and entertainment. Unless he goes to RM and it's a Barca fan, then I'd get it.

As long as you're dumping those crosses into the box Morata will score, he's very good in the box, Diego is better outside, should be really good linking up with Hazard on those counters

Lmao the thought of Danilo at DM.

Pep knows more than I ever can learn in 3 lifetimes about midfield play, but I mean...it's Danilo. Not Alaba.

I think a big issue with him in his stint at RM was the pressure of playing on that world class wavelength with his other teammates being too much. Zidane, the miracle worker he's been, finally inspired confidence in him when Carvajal missed the last month domestically, which raised his stock tremendously and let RM get a refund on him.

I personally thought he'd be a better fit in Chelsea, as a workhorse getting up and down. He's a great athlete with a great physique. There also wouldn't have been as much technical demand on him, to play slow build up football.

But when I think of the DM position, I think of tactical awareness, intelligence, and patience. These are Danilo's poorest qualities. Which is why it's shocking to see City is interested in plugging him in there.

But what do I know compared to Pep.

Seems like Chelsea had to make the move. Costa and Conte simply couldn't co-exist.

When I said this everyone started rambling about "Prem experience"

What this mean though?

At the end of their respective careers?

5 years down the road?

End of the 2017/18 season?

Context is everything. Chelsea is trying to defend a PL title, the most competitive crown in all of team sport.

Manchester United is almost desperately trying to revive itself as a club competitively speaking.

Chelsea play it's next competitive match in 2 weeks, United in the week after.

I always viewed the debate within the context of the near future. In that context, wasn't no rambling going on, just hard facts being presented and viewpoints comparing player profiles and their fit within the club x league.

Last edited:
Word Morata scores quite frequently for a forward. Idk why people are thinking they downgraded. Just shows how much people care about favorite players/who they like instead of production. I get the price tag is high but get used to it man. The kid scores every 136 or so minutes last I checked..and that's while playing behind BBC.

Lmao the thought of Danilo at DM.

Pep knows more than I ever can learn in 3 lifetimes about midfield play, but I mean...it's Danilo. Not Alaba.

I think a big issue with him in his stint at RM was the pressure of playing on that world class wavelength with his other teammates being too much. Zidane, the miracle worker he's been, finally inspired confidence in him when Carvajal missed the last month domestically, which raised his stock tremendously and let RM get a refund on him.

I personally thought he'd be a better fit in Chelsea, as a workhorse getting up and down. He's a great athlete with a great physique. There also wouldn't have been as much technical demand on him, to play slow build up football.

But when I think of the DM position, I think of tactical awareness, intelligence, and patience. These are Danilo's poorest qualities. Which is why it's shocking to see City is interested in plugging him in there.

But what do I know compared to Pep.
I feel the same way for DMs, such a big role for the super succesful teams it goes overlooked. Knowing when to push up, drop back, which player to release the ball to and ability to cover up holes. City's been missing this since De Jong, Gareth Barry and James Milner have left (not world class guys but did their job effectively)

I think Pep sometimes try to innovate just to innovate more than it is logical. Kolarov as CB, Fernandinho/Navas as RB. I find no assurance to hear Danilo playing LB and DM at all. I'd think Pep would of been done experimenting and get the guys he'd want by now but what do we know right?

Kolarov played better as a CB last year than he did as a LB though. And if Kompany wasn't injured he wouldnt have gotten any play at all it was more of circumstances than anything to me we saw Kolarov play CB. Those weren't just innovations for innovations sake it was a need cause our fullbacks just weren't good enough last year

I don't think Danilo will be our first choice DM I think he will be more cover in case of injuries and what not but he will be cover for the fullback spots for sure.

Don't forget we have Gundam Wing who I believe has the ability to be a very good DM he byke and hopefully no more injuries for him

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom