This Frank Ocean still goes hard.....*Official Thread*

Originally Posted by Pump Fake

Originally Posted by DJ236

The lyrics and meaning(s) is the song is very dope.

Anyone care to write a small breakdown for me? Could be missing things and I know I am 
laugh.gif
This.

Originally Posted by deepinthajeep

Originally Posted by DJ236

The lyrics and meaning(s) is the song is very dope.

Anyone care to write a small breakdown for me? Could be missing things and I know I am 
laugh.gif
This.
Just seems like "Cleopatra" was a wholesome girl who got caught up in the wrong crowd and is now a stripper/prostitute who is either being pimped by Frank or Frank is a client.

Gonna buy my tickets for the Austin show next week. Hope they're not gone by then.

I'm only gonna have two days to learn the words to Channel Orange.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Destination Kicks

Originally Posted by deepinthajeep

laugh.gif
This.
Just seems like "Cleopatra" was a wholesome girl who got caught up in the wrong crowd and is now a stripper/prostitute who is either being pimped by Frank or Frank is a client.
Just my interpretation, but I'm viewing the song as a form of social commentary. Women ("Cleopatra") were appreciated, worshiped in Africa (and/or in history), and seen as godesses. Fast forward to 2012, and this view has completely changed. Women are now viewed as objects and the world's view of them has greatly changed. Cleopatra would never be on the strip or "working at the Pyramid". Now, there's a girl that works the strip with that nickname, but it's almost a mockery. Seems like Frank is worshiping her, but not in the same vein as history would indicate ...

Originally Posted by PLAYOFF12

Gonna buy my tickets for the Austin show next week. Hope they're not gone by then.

I'm only gonna have two days to learn the words to Channel Orange.
laugh.gif
Scooped my ticket a few days ago. I'm in the same boat -- I'll only be singing hooks.
laugh.gif

this pyramidssong is spacey as $@%%, i wasnt rele up on frank but idk man this one serious

Originally Posted by Sole into it

Originally Posted by Ballerific703

Got my tickets for his show and downloaded Pyramids. Anyone else see John Mayer's name in the credits for the song? Also said 17 songs so I don't know what's up with that.
I'm guessing that's John Mayer on the guitar solo the last minute and half of the song.
Mayer confirmed that he worked on the track (and album?) in some capacity, but yeah, I'd have to assume he's responsible for the solo at the end of the song.

Originally Posted by True Blues

Originally Posted by Sole into it

Originally Posted by Ballerific703

Got my tickets for his show and downloaded Pyramids. Anyone else see John Mayer's name in the credits for the song? Also said 17 songs so I don't know what's up with that.
I'm guessing that's John Mayer on the guitar solo the last minute and half of the song.
Mayer confirmed that he worked on the track (and album?) in some capacity, but yeah, I'd have to assume he's responsible for the solo at the end of the song.
He is. When I downloaded the song from his Tumblr & put it in ITunes, the composer has J. Mayer there too. And I'm guessing it's track 9 outta 17 songs on the album

Originally Posted by Cronicmolemolereturns

Ya'll don't know how the single artwork basically tells you the two folds of Pyramids.

You are right. IMHO Pyramids has nothing to do with the strip club.

Back
Top Bottom