This is why Mac users think they are so special huh?

Originally Posted by mondaynightraw

Some of you guys are 
laugh.gif
Piecing things together for a custom pc is not easy...

But yeah...puppy linux>all
I've done it, self taught through the internet and a magazine that I bought at FRY's.

Takes effort, but it's not too difficult. I bought everything I needed though newegg dot com and put it together the same night it arrived. Assembly isn't the hard part, it's making sure all the components are compatible that's tricky. Everything else is straight forward.

Some of you guys are 
laugh.gif

I've done it, self taught through the internet and a magazine that I bought at FRY's.

Takes effort, but it's not too difficult. I bought everything I needed though newegg dot com and put it together the same night it arrived. Assembly isn't the hard part, it's making sure all the components are compatible that's tricky. Everything else is straight forward.

Originally Posted by K2theAblaM

laugh.gif
You come at me with that canned "u mad" response and I'm the sheep? Right.

And no, I'm not mad that your Linux system can do all that stuff. That's fantastic I'm HAPPY for you.
happy.gif

Fact of the matter is you come off an !%#$!*! and your post wreaks of douchebaggery.

No operating system in the world can help you with that. Personal Problem.
Sorry, I guess I just wanted to be just like one of the amazingly awesome mac owners who post in this thread and ever other computer thread on NT with responses like Mac>Your Life or..
Originally Posted by Capricorn1229

We are special.

Originally Posted by al3x89

i bet you that i can do everything you do on your PC in half the time and without my computer crashing or getting the BSOD

Originally Posted by JFMartiMcDandruff

here comes the broke pc users all mad and salty

Originally Posted by DaveDollars

PC= Poor Consumers

Mac>

sad-panda.jpg

laugh.gif

And no, I'm not mad that your Linux system can do all that stuff. That's fantastic I'm HAPPY for you.
happy.gif

Fact of the matter is you come off an !%#$!*! and your post wreaks of douchebaggery.

Sorry, I guess I just wanted to be just like one of the amazingly awesome mac owners who post in this thread and ever other computer thread on NT with responses like Mac>Your Life or..

We are special.

i bet you that i can do everything you do on your PC in half the time and without my computer crashing or getting the BSOD

PC= Poor Consumers

Mac>

sad-panda.jpg

Originally Posted by TheGreekGangsta

Some of you guys are 
laugh.gif

it's not hard though either. of course it's easy to pick out parts and such if you know a thing or two about computers.

im guessing your saying its not easy because of how some things/hardware may not be compatible with another.
Yeah....knowing what to look for in a motherboard...picking the right cpu for the right socket..etc etc...

Originally Posted by Ginzo

Macs are the Jordans of the comp world.
High quality, reliable, and piffness.
Macs>
I mean really the product is backed by one of the best hardware companies.
You dudes keep saying custom pc>mac but if you factor in all the headaches a non tech savvy person(a boat load of ppl) just to get your pc to mimic a mac
It'd probably be best to just cop a mac.
Macs let you get .... done.
PCs....not so much....

Funny how non tech savy and mac are synonymous with each other
grin.gif

Originally Posted by TheGreekGangsta

Some of you guys are 
laugh.gif

it's not hard though either. of course it's easy to pick out parts and such if you know a thing or two about computers.

im guessing your saying its not easy because of how some things/hardware may not be compatible with another.
Yeah....knowing what to look for in a motherboard...picking the right cpu for the right socket..etc etc...

Macs>
You dudes keep saying custom pc>mac but if you factor in all the headaches a non tech savvy person(a boat load of ppl) just to get your pc to mimic a mac
PCs....not so much....

Funny how non tech savy and mac are synonymous with each other
grin.gif

had mine for a year and it's still running smooth.
I love my mac.
one of my more smarter buys/ well gift gotten.

had mine for a year and it's still running smooth.
I love my mac.
one of my more smarter buys/ well gift gotten.

Macs>
PCs....not so much....

Jordan Brand Quality sucks....

Mac=Louis Vuitton......

Great quality, but really you're paying for the name

Macs>
PCs....not so much....

Jordan Brand Quality sucks....

Mac=Louis Vuitton......

Great quality, but really you're paying for the name

Wow man, I always make it a point to avoid these topics. When it comes down to it, it's all about preference. Being in IT has taught me that people will swear by one thing, and live for another when something goes wrong.

Wow man, I always make it a point to avoid these topics. When it comes down to it, it's all about preference. Being in IT has taught me that people will swear by one thing, and live for another when something goes wrong.

Unix Architecture> NT Architecture.

Don't forget Linux core OS is Unix.

Add one more little tidbit.

The value of owning a Macbook does't depreciate by much, but on a PC you'll lose a lot.

You buy a Macbook Pro for $1200 in year you can sell it for at least $1100 or $900. Depending on its condition and if the warranty is still available on the computer.

On the other hand, You buy a $1200 PC computer which is should be premium laptop, with all the bells and whistles. Sell that in a year you can probably get $300-500 for it.

Reason why?....Technology becomes cheaper and New ones are developed. Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 they all have changes in within them and reason why some software from XP can't run on Vista or 7 at al, plus you need a certain version of windows 7(Ultimate) to run it, but you also need virtualization hard to make it compatible.

OS X hasn't changed by much and is still being used from 2001. Improvements have been made, but the old software that ran on a Power PC can still run on Intel Processor and Vise versa for the OS edition.

The OS is by far the most important aspect of owning a computer, cause it determines how long the software can last and how far you push the hardware to last just as long .

Unix Architecture> NT Architecture.

Don't forget Linux core OS is Unix.

Add one more little tidbit.

The value of owning a Macbook does't depreciate by much, but on a PC you'll lose a lot.

You buy a Macbook Pro for $1200 in year you can sell it for at least $1100 or $900. Depending on its condition and if the warranty is still available on the computer.

On the other hand, You buy a $1200 PC computer which is should be premium laptop, with all the bells and whistles. Sell that in a year you can probably get $300-500 for it.

Reason why?....Technology becomes cheaper and New ones are developed. Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 they all have changes in within them and reason why some software from XP can't run on Vista or 7 at al, plus you need a certain version of windows 7(Ultimate) to run it, but you also need virtualization hard to make it compatible.

OS X hasn't changed by much and is still being used from 2001. Improvements have been made, but the old software that ran on a Power PC can still run on Intel Processor and Vise versa for the OS edition.

The OS is by far the most important aspect of owning a computer, cause it determines how long the software can last and how far you push the hardware to last just as long .

Originally Posted by HybridSoldier23

laugh.gif

happy.gif

We are special.

PC= Poor Consumers

Mac>

Only thing is, they're not amazingly awesome.

You guys are cut from the same clothe. Same slimy salesmen, just a different product.

No such thing as personal preference here on NT. Everyone has a label for everything.
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by HybridSoldier23

laugh.gif

happy.gif

We are special.

PC= Poor Consumers

Mac>

Only thing is, they're not amazingly awesome.

You guys are cut from the same clothe. Same slimy salesmen, just a different product.

No such thing as personal preference here on NT. Everyone has a label for everything.
30t6p3b.gif

Macs>
PCs....not so much....
o wow
people gotta stop comparing shoes to computers

why do people always assume a pc is cheaper than a mac? sure on average the pc is indeed cheaper than a mac but there are also power house users who spends just as much money  as mac users would on their computer 

and for the price you can get a very nice PC with stacked hardware.  mac users will say snow leopard is better but give us some technical analysis on why its better because I have W7 and SL dual boot and I am almost never on SL.

when I am on W7 i feel like i have control of what i am doing

Back
Top Bottom