This Jussie Smollett Situation is REALLY Bizarre...

Discussion in 'General' started by jjs07, Feb 3, 2019.

1. jjs07

jjs07

Anyone been keeping up with this?

I'll try to sum it up (if I left anything out, please mention.)

Last week he was supposedly assaulted late night in Chicago when getting a bite to eat. He said his assailants poured a chemical on him, put a noose around his neck, and beat him up while yelling some racial and homophobic slurs.

Chicago PD is having a hard time locating any camera footage of the assault. Smollett said he was on the phone with his manager when the assault happened, but he and his manager refused to turn over their phones to the Chicago PD. In addition, I think the only footage that was uncovered was him walking back to his apartment building 45 minutes after the attack w/ a rope around his neck.

It's hard to know what exactly to believe with the details coming out and also with what he's claiming that happened to him. I do wonder if the truth will actually come out?

2. Master Zik

Master Zik

:lol: @ calling it a "situation" when mans was attacked.

3. jjs07

jjs07

oh, it's clearly a situation when no one knows what exactly happened.

4. ASE

ASE

I don’t get why the refusal to give up his phone matters. How exactly would that help the investigation or make his story more credible?

5. youngogjosh

youngogjosh

I find it odd as well, especially him and his manager not willing to give up their phone data. Best to just sit back and watch it all unfold and not jump to any conclusions.

Mark Antony likes this.
  6. putting in work

putting in work

Yo if he made this story up...

Lawd the right and the Trumptards will have a field day with it/him.

I can see Fox News having a week long segment about it.

7. jjs07

jjs07

He and his manager said they were on the phone with one another when the attack happened. SURELY a phone log would back up that claim and give the account more merit.

8. dcallamerican

dcallamerican

Shouldn't they be able to simply subpoena the phone records to see if he was on the phone with his agent at the time?

Not saying that PROVES if the attack actually happened or not but it would be helpful evidence in putting all pieces together .

ASE likes this.
  9. Master Zik

Master Zik

Weird thing. I didnt even know Jussie was gay irl before this. Just thought he played a gay dude on tv.

To me its clear this is simply the gay version of the risk of meeting a chick off aim/Craigslist/backpage when that was a thing and homey caught the jux.

Only difference is he either got in a scuffle with the intended hookup or it was a trap by some gay bashers.

Which is why he wont give up his phone. Gotta lie about some things since he's a celebrity.

Dont see how nobody knows makes it a situation. Countless times someone has been assaulted with no video footage or witnesses and the only ppl that know what happened is the attacker and attacked. If i went by that logic plenty rapes are just "situations".

Since when can police subpoena the victims property in an investigation? They'd have to suspect Jussie of a crime.

What judge is giving the okay on that?

Thats not how it works.

getback and tr1ll like this.
  10. jjs07

jjs07

The circumstances surrounding the attack, on the surface, sound HORRIBLE. However, there seem to be a lot of details that should be questioned.

You said he's gotta lie about some things since he's a celeb. Well, if he's lying about being on the phone w/ his manager that pretty much throws the credibility of his story out he window.

sharpshooter718 likes this.
  11. para bellum

para bellum

bsv2.0 likes this.
  12. blackintellect

blackintellect

ruh roh.......

getback likes this.
  13. putting in work

putting in work

He has a girl in his family I had a crush on as a kid she used to be on full house.

dangerousg likes this.
  14. Master Zik

Master Zik

I mean if he had to lie why would he lie about that?

If he gives the same story and leaves out that he was on the phone when it happened he doesnt lose any credibility since there's nothing to question.

He's not giving up his phone because of what else is on the phone. Not cuz being on the phone with his manager is a lie.

Any detectives with connects can just go to the phone company and see if they can slide them the info that he was on the phone during the time he says the attack went down.

15. tego calderon el abayarde

tego calderon el abayarde

This is what I don't want. Because when they do assault someone next they'll point to this to discredit future victims.

16. dcallamerican

dcallamerican

I had no idea who the dude was until this news broke, but yea man, looking it up now his sister WAS vicious.

Eve's Bayou.

dangerousg and putting in work like this.
  17. Maximus Meridius

Maximus Meridius

His story sound real funny. His subway sandwich survived all that and he said he had bruised ribs but it's video of him singing and dancing. :lol:

I don't know, if I had to guess he was probably out doing some funny **** and got into small situation.

18. Mark Antony

Mark Antony

Jurnee Smollett is still bad, ya'll acting like she fell off.
    [​IMG]

bostoiah, boxybrown, mj25 and 20 others like this.
  19. Mark Antony

Mark Antony

I think he really got worked, but the way he described the assailants just sounds like his version of "a black guy did it"

htg designs likes this.
  20. cguy610

cguy610

I don't see what turning over their phones has to do with the credibility of the story. It's just an excuse for the police to got through their phones to find personal information they can use to tarnish their reputations.

And you don't need a phone for phone records, can just go online and pull the records.

ASE and para bellum like this.
  21. youngogjosh

youngogjosh

I gotta say though if he was out looking for some cut and got lumped up, why make such a scene out of it? Why not try and keep that on the DL?

22. jjs07

jjs07

But that's something that didn't happen. HE (and his manager) said they were on the phone together. Which is a MAJOR detail in this story. Not 100% certain, but I think there is protocol that the police have to follow regarding pulling phone records. If there is no consent from the accusing parties, it may be a no-go.

:lol: What exactly would the Chicago PD want from Jussie Smollett's phone to tarnish HIS rep? It's not like they can just post some random pics from his phone that had nothing to do with the supposed crime and just go with it...that's not how things work.

OTG and mr jordan04 like this.
  23. dcallamerican

dcallamerican

When I said WAS, I was moreso saying when she WAS more into the spotlight

24. Master Zik

Master Zik

I'm saying he told them he was on his phone with his manager when the attacked happened.

So why would that be the lie when he could've told them a version of the story where he wasnt on the phone.

25. Peep Game

Peep Game

So was this something that actually happened, or did he really just get mopped up from messing with somebody's boyfriend, and he tried covering it up with this story?