This Show > Any Other Show in History Vol. The Real GSOAT

Originally Posted by seasoned vet

Originally Posted by Naija Nitemare

I've been stuck on season 2 for the LONGEST time.

!!+% is just soooooo boring
, but season 1 was INSANE.

indifferent.gif

Nah I remember when I watched season 2 for the first time I got bored after the first 5 episodes and skipped to season 3, especially after the last few episodes of season 1 I was ready for that same intensity I guess

But after coming back to it and watching it again it's in my top 3 seasons. If I were to rank them 4>1>2>3>5

I haven't watched the wire so I can't say, but Friday Night Lights is my favorite drama. 
pimp.gif

I haven't watched the wire so I can't say, but Friday Night Lights is my favorite drama. 
pimp.gif

Yall are buggin....look at the big picture and how Season 2 (The Greek/Vondas) played a MAJOR role in the grand scheme of things. I'm probably in the minority, but Season 2 was one of my favorites. Love how they captured the blue-collar elements of Baltimore.

Yall are buggin....look at the big picture and how Season 2 (The Greek/Vondas) played a MAJOR role in the grand scheme of things. I'm probably in the minority, but Season 2 was one of my favorites. Love how they captured the blue-collar elements of Baltimore.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Word, I loved Season two, my man Nick and Frank Sobokta were cold.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Word, I loved Season two, my man Nick and Frank Sobokta were cold.

One of my all time fav. lines:

"World goin' one way, the people another yo"

That scene is just amazing. It's only around 30 seconds long too.

One of my all time fav. lines:

"World goin' one way, the people another yo"

That scene is just amazing. It's only around 30 seconds long too.

I didn't really appreciate season 2 the first time around either.
4>3>2>1>5

I mess with the shield too, but it's not seeing the Wire. Had it been on HBO or Showtime though....watch out!

I didn't really appreciate season 2 the first time around either.
4>3>2>1>5

I mess with the shield too, but it's not seeing the Wire. Had it been on HBO or Showtime though....watch out!

It doesn't have to be your favorite, but if you don't like the Wire, I think less of you as a person.

And season 2 is the best and most important season for a variety of reasons.

It doesn't have to be your favorite, but if you don't like the Wire, I think less of you as a person.

THE greatest. show. ever.

My favorite seasons go 1>3>5>2>4. Some reason I wasn't feeling 4 as much as other people. But always appreciated, and so many quotes I still remember and use in life to this day, and unforgettable scenes.

....i have to quote these seperately

Originally Posted by Budweiser

truth.

......anyone that REALLY knows the game would appreciate season 2.....ON THE FIRST WATCH. its the PAWNS that cant appreciate it
nerd.gif

"did he have hands?"

"did he have a face?"

" then it wasnt us."

sick.gif

....i have to quote these seperately

truth.

......anyone that REALLY knows the game would appreciate season 2.....ON THE FIRST WATCH. its the PAWNS that cant appreciate it
nerd.gif

"did he have hands?"

"did he have a face?"

" then it wasnt us."

sick.gif

THE greatest. show. ever.

My favorite seasons go 1>3>5>2>4. Some reason I wasn't feeling 4 as much as other people. But always appreciated, and so many quotes I still remember and use in life to this day, and unforgettable scenes.

Originally Posted by Yung Lo HEAD

good show but ill raise you this

24-tv-show.jpg

....you know? ive come to the conclusion that people like this just have a low standard for good entertainment.

- what i mean is, i havent sat down to watch any prime time drama on the 4 big networks in over 15 years. when i go back to look at these shows people covet so much i laugh at how predictable they are in such a cheesy way. how each commercial break has some monumental cliffhanger just to get you to tune in next week 
laugh.gif
. it corny....and its old and tired, yet people continue to tune in.

...ah well, im just grateful that im one of those with the abilty to 'get it'. idk, i mean when people are mindful of what they put into their bodies, i do the same for the music, movies, and TV i watch. i MUCH rather watch something like a great novel turned into TV, than to feel like im a mouse on a mouse wheel chasing the cheese just to generate income for the studio.....

eyes.gif
I loved 24 when it was on, but The Wire was my show, same with Breaking Bad. So where should I fit in with that?
How about those first 4 seasons of West Wing? or Arrested Development?

What did you think of The Shield, Sons of Anarchy, Damages, Louie or Justified?

You do know Fox owns FX right?

It's a bit much to try and #%** on all of network TV. And people wonder why they keep renewing garbage. Too many uppity heads wanna catch up a couple years later on Netflix.

IMO...24 ended twice, seasons 5 and 7...and then they had their finale season 8. That show is more like...Taken or Fast Five where The Wire would be like Training Day or The Departed. It's apples and oranges. You can say you love The Wire, but you can't deny how hype seasons 3, 4, 5 and 7 were of 24. If you didn't get in when you should've it's whatever, but it's the best action show network TV has made. I checked for it every week and that one-two punch of 24 and House had Mondays on lock. I'm not in a hurry to watch the show again, but you're being extra acting like nothing good comes in network.

Originally Posted by Yung Lo HEAD

good show but ill raise you this

24-tv-show.jpg

....you know? ive come to the conclusion that people like this just have a low standard for good entertainment.

- what i mean is, i havent sat down to watch any prime time drama on the 4 big networks in over 15 years. when i go back to look at these shows people covet so much i laugh at how predictable they are in such a cheesy way. how each commercial break has some monumental cliffhanger just to get you to tune in next week 
laugh.gif
. it corny....and its old and tired, yet people continue to tune in.

...ah well, im just grateful that im one of those with the abilty to 'get it'. idk, i mean when people are mindful of what they put into their bodies, i do the same for the music, movies, and TV i watch. i MUCH rather watch something like a great novel turned into TV, than to feel like im a mouse on a mouse wheel chasing the cheese just to generate income for the studio.....

eyes.gif
I loved 24 when it was on, but The Wire was my show, same with Breaking Bad. So where should I fit in with that?
How about those first 4 seasons of West Wing? or Arrested Development?

What did you think of The Shield, Sons of Anarchy, Damages, Louie or Justified?

You do know Fox owns FX right?

It's a bit much to try and #%** on all of network TV. And people wonder why they keep renewing garbage. Too many uppity heads wanna catch up a couple years later on Netflix.

IMO...24 ended twice, seasons 5 and 7...and then they had their finale season 8. That show is more like...Taken or Fast Five where The Wire would be like Training Day or The Departed. It's apples and oranges. You can say you love The Wire, but you can't deny how hype seasons 3, 4, 5 and 7 were of 24. If you didn't get in when you should've it's whatever, but it's the best action show network TV has made. I checked for it every week and that one-two punch of 24 and House had Mondays on lock. I'm not in a hurry to watch the show again, but you're being extra acting like nothing good comes in network.

Back
Top Bottom