THIS TAKES THE CAKE....

Originally Posted by seasoned vet

....yeah...um, yall kinda late on this.

...this isnt the only blackface type celebration the Swedish have.

....ever heard of Zwarte Piet?

zwarte_pieten_groep.jpg

sinterklaas.jpg

zwarte+piet+op+dak.gif

zwarte%20pieten.jpg

What ya'll gotta realize about white people and the past time of "black face" is that it is one of their oldest traditions.
Black face art is some of the most prized work to elite whites who know the true history of blacks and black culture. The same that blacks have seem to forgotten.

Albeit done in much of a negative tone today to insight fear out of people's ignorance, this just goes further to show european behavior has always mocked and mimicked the image of blacks.

Further Examples:

Black Madona and Child

black-madonna-officsite.jpg

French Blackamoor

64916.jpg

European Blackamoor Brooches

51351491.jpg

220px-Mohr_mit_Smaragdstufe_Gr%C3%BCnes_Gew%C3%B6lbe_Dresden.jpg

spain%20moors%20flag.jpg

_~635~www_blackamour_pendant3.jpg

1stdibs-pair-of-life-size-lighted-venetian-blackamoors.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blackamoors_(decorative_arts)

Originally Posted by Wr

Black face art is some of the most prized work to elite whites who know the true history of blacks and black culture. The same that blacks have seem to forgotten.

...could you elaborate more on this? and the forgotten history?

Originally Posted by Wr

Originally Posted by RighteousKungFu

Originally Posted by milestailsprowe

Originally Posted by RighteousKungFu

Concept of a live human cake is actually pretty cool. The guy shrieking in pain when it was cut was also somewhat cool imo. It being red velvet was just an awesome touch, I love red velvet cake. The clitoridectomy was way too much though. It could have been taken out of context, but a clitoredectomy on a cake in front of guests is just odd.
So if this is racist, are we never allowed to eat a live human cake? It's gotta be some color right? If we all eat human cakes corresponding to our own skin color will that be acceptable? 

If it wasn't a chocolate cake would anyone really care?

Is everything racist?
Its not the fact its a human cake. I have no possible problem with one hell I think its cool but the fact is some black face cake that looks like something out of the old racism caricature is the problem. If it was just a regular body or something posed it would be cool but it sadly was not. It was bad art in bad taste that made everyone in that room look bad.
I really do agree with you, but there aren't too many black people in Sweden, someone had to be the head of that cake, but the makeup and setup was just too much. 

I also agree 100% with Josednk1068 
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif
I don't care about the black guy being the head and screaming I thought that was cool. My issue is the whole set up was in poor taste

Originally Posted by JD214

[Bye.  Don't forget to grab your hood and burning cross on your way out.]
2zi1snn.jpg

Originally Posted by an dee 51o

pimp.gif

Don't know how dude lasted so long posted such reckless stuff about black people every opportunity
Word. Dude is a 17 yr. old cornball too. He's one of those sheep +#% dudes who would just ride the popular opinion and not think for himself. For someone to have all them posts you'd think they'd be insightful at least about $%!$ they care about...but nah, lil' homie is a drone.

How you racist and drop a "my n'
pimp.gif
" in several posts?
30t6p3b.gif
I seen't it.

I'm not watching any videos relating to the topic though. Pictures were enough to get me heated.
30t6p3b.gif

Not sure if posted but here's what someone who was at the event had to say about this...

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Swedish Golliwog Cake[/h1]
April 18, 2012 By Tom Devriendt 30 Comments

Guest Post by Johan Palme
By now, it seems, the whole world has seen the picture. The Swedish Minister of Culture, Lena Adelsohn-Liljeroth, has just cut a piece from the crotch of a cake baked in the image of a distorted African body, complete with golliwog red lips and white eyes. Now, laughing heartily, she’s bent forward as if jokingly feeding a piece of the cake to itself. The whole room eggs her along, laughing, snapping photographs, caught up in the moment. It’s a horrific picture, and it has spread like fire on the web. Two days ago it started popping up in the facebook feeds of acquaintances of the artist who made the cake, Makode Linde. Yesterday it was everywhere in Sweden, in the morning peppering the social media with condemnation and trending on twitter; by noon the National Association of Afro-Swedes had demanded the culture minister’s resignation, and media hell broke loose. By evening, it was already spreading past international borders, and overnight it’s gone on to become a huge worldwide talking point, ending up on the BBC, on HuffPo, on Jezebel, Al Jazeera and condemned in no uncertain terms by activists from South Africa to Berlin, outraged at the picture, the artist, the crowd, the minister and their apologists. It has become a powerful photograph indeed. As such, I think it’s worth talking a little on how it came about.

It’s Sunday, April 15th, and at Moderna Museet the swedish Artists Organisation is organising a celebration of World Art Day, as well as celebrating its own 75th birthday. Invited to speak is Lena Adelsohn-Liljeroth, the culture minister, who – it’s worth noting – is reviled by large parts of the art world for her culture-sceptic stance and for previously condemning provocative art in what many see as a kind of censorship. Here’s her chance at patching things up.

A number of artists have been asked to create birthday cakes for the celebration. At some point, Lena Adelsohn-Liljeroth gets asked if she would go ahead and cut the first piece of cake, standard politician fare she thinks, and she agrees. Then she’s told that the cake will be about the limits of provocative art, which is a subject she now carefully treads around, and about female genital mutilation.

The cake is wheeled out and uncovered. The crowd stares, tittering nervously. The culture minister is placed at the crotch end, and starts cutting into the cake – when suddenly the head starts screaming in pain. It’s the artist, Makode Linde, whose own painted head is placed as the head of the cake. The crowd’s tittering erupts in nervous laughter; the uncomfortable humour of the situation, the classic Swedish fear of conflict, triggered by the surprise sound and movement. Lena Adelsohn-Liljeroth tries to play along as best she can in what she sees as a “bizarre

Originally Posted by Oasis

Originally Posted by Wr

Not to turn this into a race debate, but there is no such thing as "Black History". There is world history, then the version the victors give the enslaved.
What people do not pay attention to is the prevalence of "black face" characters in european art.  many flags, family crest etc seem to all be alluding to a knowledge of a people and systematic collection and documentation of moors ( more commonly referred to as blacks and negroes) throughout time.

One of Livorno's most famous landmarks is a monument located near the Port of Livorno. This work of art, which dates back to the Renaissance period, is called "Monumento dei quattro mori" (Monument of the Four Moors). This powerful monument, depicting four Moors, was dedicated to Grand Duke Ferdinando I.

The Four Moors is the oldest and most popular monument in Leghorn, it symbolizes the winner of Medici against pirates in the Mediterranean Sea.

The monument consist of two parts, one in marble and the other one in bronze. The former, in Carrara marble, shows Ferdinando I dei Medici in the uniform of the Order of the Knights of St. Stephan, a navy establishment to fight the piracy which was an obstacle to free trade and the development of the growning Medicean port. Created by the Florentine sculptor Giovanni Bandini, it was terminated in 1595, but only in 1617 the statue was placed on its pedestal.

5.1207171800.sardinian-flag-quattro-mori.jpg

[h3]The Quattro Mori: The Four Moors[/h3]

c5089669-3e26-48dc-ad73-91fbe0628c32.jpg

Another depiction on top of the Town Hall Building (Cagliari Municipo)

cagliari-quattro-mori.jpg

Barbarian comes from latin (barbar) - non native speaker. Meaning anyone who did not speak latin was considered a barbarian at the time. 

What it all boils down to is that the capture of moors went beyond th actual taking of people. Traditions and customs were taken as well and re written to better suit Europeans.  This is the reason why conspiracy theorist are forever drawing connections between European traditions and ancient african traditions. Because they are the same thing. Enough speculation and research would lead one back to the same place. Even the greek scholars say they owe all their wisdom to egyptian traditions and schools of thought  learned from egyptian universities( look into Heliopolis). Their customs are nothing more but European renditions of what was already in existence.

Spoiler [+]
This is really why a lot of afro-centric scholarly people rag on blacks who are so big on being greek. Because the greeks were big on being "black" and it's quite an interesting dynamic to look at in modern times from a wide enough perspective. The blacks who created the Boule and divine 9 systems were trying to make their own version of secret societies mimicking whites at the time ( early 1900's) because blacks  didn't have strong organizations to compete with the system of organized white supremacy. But as we can clearly see, the systems did not turn out like the fore fathers thought. What are these organizations primarily known for nowadays. If it ain't stepping and line dancing, you're probably hearing about somebody getting hazed to death or some form of sexual mis-conduct and deviancy.

The conquering of all things "black" is the renaissance and enlightenment (prosperity age) of Europe that brought it out of the dark ages. 

this is what took europeans from enslaving, killing and being feudal lords over each other, to spreading this system to the rest of the "barbarians" of the rest of the world under the guise of prosperity, pulling oneself up by the bootstraps and manifest destiny. 

Hadley-Ives_Flag_1100.jpg

This guy's family crest

Kansas.jpg

Jew-Hebrew-in-captivity.jpg

Saint_Maurice.jpg

Saint_Maurice_2.jpg

Originally Posted by akajaedeuce

Not sure if posted but here's what someone who was at the event had to say about this...

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Swedish Golliwog Cake[/h1]
April 18, 2012 By Tom Devriendt 30 Comments

Guest Post by Johan Palme
By now, it seems, the whole world has seen the picture. The Swedish Minister of Culture, Lena Adelsohn-Liljeroth, has just cut a piece from the crotch of a cake baked in the image of a distorted African body, complete with golliwog red lips and white eyes. Now, laughing heartily, she’s bent forward as if jokingly feeding a piece of the cake to itself. The whole room eggs her along, laughing, snapping photographs, caught up in the moment. It’s a horrific picture, and it has spread like fire on the web. Two days ago it started popping up in the facebook feeds of acquaintances of the artist who made the cake, Makode Linde. Yesterday it was everywhere in Sweden, in the morning peppering the social media with condemnation and trending on twitter; by noon the National Association of Afro-Swedes had demanded the culture minister’s resignation, and media hell broke loose. By evening, it was already spreading past international borders, and overnight it’s gone on to become a huge worldwide talking point, ending up on the BBC, on HuffPo, on Jezebel, Al Jazeera and condemned in no uncertain terms by activists from South Africa to Berlin, outraged at the picture, the artist, the crowd, the minister and their apologists. It has become a powerful photograph indeed. As such, I think it’s worth talking a little on how it came about.

It’s Sunday, April 15th, and at Moderna Museet the swedish Artists Organisation is organising a celebration of World Art Day, as well as celebrating its own 75th birthday. Invited to speak is Lena Adelsohn-Liljeroth, the culture minister, who – it’s worth noting – is reviled by large parts of the art world for her culture-sceptic stance and for previously condemning provocative art in what many see as a kind of censorship. Here’s her chance at patching things up.

A number of artists have been asked to create birthday cakes for the celebration. At some point, Lena Adelsohn-Liljeroth gets asked if she would go ahead and cut the first piece of cake, standard politician fare she thinks, and she agrees. Then she’s told that the cake will be about the limits of provocative art, which is a subject she now carefully treads around, and about female genital mutilation.

The cake is wheeled out and uncovered. The crowd stares, tittering nervously. The culture minister is placed at the crotch end, and starts cutting into the cake – when suddenly the head starts screaming in pain. It’s the artist, Makode Linde, whose own painted head is placed as the head of the cake. The crowd’s tittering erupts in nervous laughter; the uncomfortable humour of the situation, the classic Swedish fear of conflict, triggered by the surprise sound and movement. Lena Adelsohn-Liljeroth tries to play along as best she can in what she sees as a “bizarre

Originally Posted by iLLoQuent aka DSK

Originally Posted by JD214

[Bye.  Don't forget to grab your hood and burning cross on your way out.]
2zi1snn.jpg

Originally Posted by an dee 51o

pimp.gif

Don't know how dude lasted so long posted such reckless stuff about black people every opportunity
Word. Dude is a 17 yr. old cornball too. He's one of those sheep +#% dudes who would just ride the popular opinion and not think for himself. For someone to have all them posts you'd think they'd be insightful at least about $%!$ they care about...but nah, lil' homie is a drone.

How you racist and drop a "my n'
pimp.gif
" in several posts?
30t6p3b.gif
I seen't it.

I'm not watching any videos relating to the topic though. Pictures were enough to get me heated.
30t6p3b.gif

Just so I'm clear, if you use the words "my n***a" you're racist?

Originally Posted by Wr

Originally Posted by Oasis

Not to turn this into a race debate, but there is no such thing as "Black History". There is world history, then the version the victors give the enslaved.
What people do not pay attention to is the prevalence of "black face" characters in european art.  many flags, family crest etc seem to all be alluding to a knowledge of a people and systematic collection and documentation of moors ( more commonly referred to as blacks and negroes) throughout time.

One of Livorno's most famous landmarks is a monument located near the Port of Livorno. This work of art, which dates back to the Renaissance period, is called "Monumento dei quattro mori" (Monument of the Four Moors). This powerful monument, depicting four Moors, was dedicated to Grand Duke Ferdinando I.

The Four Moors is the oldest and most popular monument in Leghorn, it symbolizes the winner of Medici against pirates in the Mediterranean Sea.

The monument consist of two parts, one in marble and the other one in bronze. The former, in Carrara marble, shows Ferdinando I dei Medici in the uniform of the Order of the Knights of St. Stephan, a navy establishment to fight the piracy which was an obstacle to free trade and the development of the growning Medicean port. Created by the Florentine sculptor Giovanni Bandini, it was terminated in 1595, but only in 1617 the statue was placed on its pedestal.

5.1207171800.sardinian-flag-quattro-mori.jpg

[h3]The Quattro Mori: The Four Moors[/h3]

c5089669-3e26-48dc-ad73-91fbe0628c32.jpg

Another depiction on top of the Town Hall Building (Cagliari Municipo)

cagliari-quattro-mori.jpg

Barbarian comes from latin (barbar) - non native speaker. Meaning anyone who did not speak latin was considered a barbarian at the time. 

What it all boils down to is that the capture of moors went beyond th actual taking of people. Traditions and customs were taken as well and re written to better suit Europeans.  This is the reason why conspiracy theorist are forever drawing connections between European traditions and ancient african traditions. Because they are the same thing. Enough speculation and research would lead one back to the same place. Even the greek scholars say they owe all their wisdom to egyptian traditions and schools of thought  learned from egyptian universities( look into Heliopolis). Their customs are nothing more but European renditions of what was already in existence.

Spoiler [+]
This is really why a lot of afro-centric scholarly people rag on blacks who are so big on being greek. Because the greeks were big on being "black" and it's quite an interesting dynamic to look at in modern times from a wide enough perspective. The blacks who created the Boule and divine 9 systems were trying to make their own version of secret societies mimicking whites at the time ( early 1900's) because blacks  didn't have strong organizations to compete with the system of organized white supremacy. But as we can clearly see, the systems did not turn out like the fore fathers thought. What are these organizations primarily known for nowadays. If it ain't stepping and line dancing, you're probably hearing about somebody getting hazed to death or some form of sexual mis-conduct and deviancy.

The conquering of all things "black" is the renaissance and enlightenment (prosperity age) of Europe that brought it out of the dark ages. 

this is what took europeans from enslaving, killing and being feudal lords over each other, to spreading this system to the rest of the "barbarians" of the rest of the world under the guise of prosperity, pulling oneself up by the bootstraps and manifest destiny. 

Hadley-Ives_Flag_1100.jpg

This guy's family crest

Kansas.jpg

Jew-Hebrew-in-captivity.jpg

Saint_Maurice.jpg

Saint_Maurice_2.jpg
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Exactly...its like we have to go through this same routine of labeling something racist when we should already be actively on the move against racism which we know inherently is established and institutionalized throughout the world...stop thinking how they want you to think is the whole point of all this...get outside of the box and respond to what has happened

Is everything racist?

Yes everything is racist %#* hole...history is fueled by racism and class antagonism

Not a single damb was given by anyone there that day.

I still do wonder if they could have chosen another picture that may have looked less racist.

Gotta love the *%%#!+ up media going for the shock value.

30t6p3b.gif
nono.gif

2012. what do you expect from white people? CHANGE? the inventors of racism

Back
Top Bottom