This > whatever you pop in the microwave

Originally Posted by soltheman

sick.gif

Originally Posted by myselfonline

Originally Posted by SharpiePoint

Is it safe to say Filipinos love swine, all swine organs, and random pieces more than all other Asians combined?
laugh.gif
Doubtful. Other Asians love their swine too. I'm not Filipino so I don't know what dishes there are, but I know at least Chinese and Koreans eat random pieces of swine too. I know Chinese dishes include pig intestines, pig liver, pig lungs, pig stomach, pig feet, pig skin, pig tongue, pig ears, even pig blood. There's probably some other stuff left out. And then there are your "regular" cuts and stuff. Korean dishes include some of these too.

I'm Korean and my wife is Chinese.  Between the numerous meals I've eaten growing up and with her family, I consider myself quite the expert on pork consumption.  Hell, I even had a pork themed birthday last year we called Pig-a-palooza where we had over 10+ different dishes that all included some pork product (main course was chinese style roast suckling pig).  That being said, the BEST swine dish hands down without question has to go to the Filipinos.  I don't know if there is anything that is better than some well prepared lechon.  I know I'm gonna die an early death due to health/diet relateed complications and I'm OK With that as long as I can get my regular dose of lechon.

Originally Posted by myselfonline

Originally Posted by SharpiePoint

Is it safe to say Filipinos love swine, all swine organs, and random pieces more than all other Asians combined?
laugh.gif
Doubtful. Other Asians love their swine too. I'm not Filipino so I don't know what dishes there are, but I know at least Chinese and Koreans eat random pieces of swine too. I know Chinese dishes include pig intestines, pig liver, pig lungs, pig stomach, pig feet, pig skin, pig tongue, pig ears, even pig blood. There's probably some other stuff left out. And then there are your "regular" cuts and stuff. Korean dishes include some of these too.

I'm Korean and my wife is Chinese.  Between the numerous meals I've eaten growing up and with her family, I consider myself quite the expert on pork consumption.  Hell, I even had a pork themed birthday last year we called Pig-a-palooza where we had over 10+ different dishes that all included some pork product (main course was chinese style roast suckling pig).  That being said, the BEST swine dish hands down without question has to go to the Filipinos.  I don't know if there is anything that is better than some well prepared lechon.  I know I'm gonna die an early death due to health/diet relateed complications and I'm OK With that as long as I can get my regular dose of lechon.

Back
Top Bottom