Those who live a christian life, how do you feel?

Originally Posted by Russ tha G

Athiests know that they are a part of something that they do not understand. Religious believers think they understand the un-understandable.

So because you don't understand, you choose not to believe. "I understand".
smile.gif

I don't want to invade, but I felt like I was an atheist for a minute. After thinking about religion, I think the Native Americans had it right all along.Mother Nature is God. We become part of this Earth and Universe when we are born, and when we die. I think when you treat people good, Mother Nature sees it,and when you don't, Mother Nature will have you go to jail or end up being homeless and smoking crack.

Originally Posted by eye see soles

Just today it hit me that I've been running away from God. I've been saved (baptized) since I was a little boy, but still I fall and stumble knowingly. I'm just really tired of the same old. I want more. I want to feel free, and know it. I want to know that God is there with me at all times with my best interest at heart. I "know" these things, but I don't know and feel these things like I ought because of how I'm living. I just feel like I'm distancing myself from God.

It seems like every time I make a step in progress, I take two steps back. I'm ready to change, but I've said that so many times before.

Those who actually walk the walk, how does it feel?

Im in the same boat bro..

I have taken positive step forward and then take so many step back..

Sometimes i get annoyed with myself to the point i want to give it all up..

But since i have felt how good it can be when im trying my hardest, makes hang in their.

My pops always told me, " no one said this walk would be easy fun or popular, and u will have ur ups and downs no matter what, but the key is to try ashad as u can and the Lord will do his part."

if u look at success it is birthed from some sort of routine or practice, so i encourage u to stay in ur Word, Prayer, Fasting and fellowship with others thatare truly walking the same path and the Lord will open those new doors u seek and those feelings u want as long as its according to his will.

And if u wanna change , just change. I think a lot of the times we make things harder than what they are, but we make the decisions to do right and to do wrong, to try hard or not try at all, so i say if u want something just go get it..

Now if i can only follow my own advice..Lol LOL.. I hope that helped..

PS...it would be best just to ignore those people posting in this topic if they have nothing to add to this specifically. If they have a different question ora feeling pertaining to Christianity they should feel free to start their own topic ( its a free forum ). But we should focus are attention to contributing tothe related discussion and not filling it up with arguing back and forth. And from what i have been reading their many intelligent people posting in here (Christian and Non-Christian alike) i think we can do some good..

No, if you believe in a religion, you're saying that you think you know something that is impossible to know... Which is one of the most foolish things aperson can do. Are you foolish?

Notice how nobody "finds god" when their life is going well...
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

Athiests know that they are a part of something that they do not understand. Religious believers think they understand the un-understandable.
Now that's real

Correct me if im wrong, but you should substitute Agnostic into that sentence instead of Athiests. Athiests believe there is no higher power and believe in thetheory of evolution, which is something they understand. Agnostics believe there is a higher power, but aren't part of any religion.
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by FifthName

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

Now that's real

Correct me if im wrong, but you should substitute Agnostic into that sentence instead of Athiests. Athiests believe there is no higher power and believe in the theory of evolution, which is something they understand. Agnostics believe there is a higher power, but aren't part of any religion.
nerd.gif
Some atheists believe in evolution some dont. Like me I think evolution is the most logical answer but I'm not saying its the definite answer.And Atheism isnt a religion. Agnostic and Athiest is the same thing except agnostics say "I dont believe theres anything out there but there couldbe" which is dumb cause theyre could be flying unicorns too. You either believe or you dont Agnostics ride the line

Originally Posted by DAYTONA 5000

Originally Posted by retrospect90

Daytona why did u feel that is wack. I'm not gonna lie sometimes I used to fall asleep but now I find that taking notes and actually participating helps me pay attention or keep awake
I think its wack because, it is a whole bunch of symbolic tales that people swear up and down is the truth and take too literally. That is my opinion.
That isn't just your opinion. That is fact.

I started reading the bible every day. I don't know. I was raised catholic. I have questions. Just when I feel something is illogical I realize that most everything doesn't really make sense. There had to be something before the bang. Regardless, I try to live my life according to Christian values and morals. I used to think I failed but I did find out that not having sex before you were married was actually not necessarily forbidden. A few things I can't rock with in the bible but all in all it has been a good read.

One of my best friends is christian as hell and he actually considers me, an atheist more christlike than most christians. Get your stuff together if you want me to fall in lie

I started reading the bible every day. I don't know. I was raised catholic. I have questions. Just when I feel something is illogical I realize that most everything doesn't really make sense. There had to be something before the bang. Regardless, I try to live my life according to Christian values and morals. I used to think I failed but I did find out that not having sex before you were married was actually not necessarily forbidden. A few things I can't rock with in the bible but all in all it has been a good read.
What are some of things you don’t rock w/, and do you read your bible in order?
I’ve seen the clothes you wear. You aren’t religious
What’s this supposed to me?

I don't want to invade, but I felt like I was an atheist for a minute. After thinking about religion, I think the Native Americans had it right all along.Mother Nature is God. We become part of this Earth and Universe when we are born, and when we die. I think when you treat people good, Mother Nature sees it,and when you don't, Mother Nature will have you go to jail or end up being homeless and smoking crack.

This Is A Really Wild Post.

What are some CHRISTIAN values and morals that aren't general/secular values and morals?

Legit question.
I don't know how you define general/secular, but I suppose your question reflects that fact that our society was founded on Christian values and morals?

Generally speaking, treat people with respect.

Back
Top Bottom