those with GAUGED EARRINGS....

Originally Posted by SaintVitus07

These people are idiots. Good luck with having people take you seriously.
Elaborate?

People said the same thing about people with piercings, tattoos, even people who had long hair back in the day.

Things like those are the norm now. And, gauging eventually heals, unlike tattoos which require laser treatment if you have second thoughts about them.

Because it looks like a disease ate away at your ear or someone took a shotgun to it. But we all know you purposely did this to yourself. Sorry, dude, but itlooks dumb. And I don't take dumb people seriously. I am open minded and people are entitled to self expression but that is a horrible way of expressingyourself. You keep doing you, though.

Originally Posted by soltheman

And, gauging eventually heals, unlike tattoos which require laser treatment if you have second thoughts about them.
This is true. I just don't understand the visual appeal. I exaggerated about the not taking people with gauges seriously, but looks are thefirst thing anybody notices and they will make a snap judgment.

Elaborate?

People said the same thing about people with piercings, tattoos, even people who had long hair back in the day.

Things like those are the norm now. And, gauging eventually heals, unlike tattoos which require laser treatment if you have second thoughts about them.
Piercings and Tattoo's still aren't accepted at real jobs..

Elaborate?

some people with these are still not taken serious....it sucks how people are judged

just get your ears pierced then start from a 14 like most people. dont get ur ears pierced all the way to a size 6. i think itl reduce the chance of it closing

why do threads like these always have to turn into a debate on how people will/will not take someone seriously because of the way they look. just let people dowhat they want to do.

anyway, i'm at a 12 right now but i'm planning on going up to a 6 (maybe a 4). i've had a size 12 for quite some time now so should i just get the6 put in directly or go to a 10, then an 8 then a 6?

Originally Posted by NayokoChan

why do threads like these always have to turn into a debate on how people will/will not take someone seriously because of the way they look. just let people do what they want to do.

anyway, i'm at a 12 right now but i'm planning on going up to a 6 (maybe a 4). i've had a size 12 for quite some time now so should i just get the 6 put in directly or go to a 10, then an 8 then a 6?
I mean, you [color= rgb(0, 204, 255)]can[/color] but it's gonna be a %%#%+. I think I skipped 10, so you can easily do 8 then 6. Good luck. This thread is making me contemplatethe 6g already
laugh.gif

I've been at a 2 all summer. I started from an 18 and just worked my way up.

I have the tapers for the 0 but ive bought so many rings for the 2 that I dont want to start spending again.

For one thing, I think a dude with smaller (0g or lower) is super sexy. Love that look.

And also, how would someone not be taken seriously because of their earrings? Most people stay small enough that their plugs are about the size of studs thatany guy would wear, the only difference is that the size is maintained throughout the lobe. So...I don't really see the difference.

Can't stand super big gauges though. I think it's just OD....I dunno. Just my personal taste I suppose.

Originally Posted by nine point five

Originally Posted by killacam92345

what's the point of this?
what's the point of anything you do to "enhance" your appearance? you like the way it looks.. whether that means the newest jays or getting your scrotum pierced, beauty is in the eye of the beholder my friend
wait... you think gauges "enhance" your appearance?...
roll.gif

ya'll are some judgmental/spiteful Ns.. this isn't my thing either, but damn.. let these dude do what they please.

Originally Posted by NayokoChan

why do threads like these always have to turn into a debate on how people will/will not take someone seriously because of the way they look. just let people do what they want to do.

anyway, i'm at a 12 right now but i'm planning on going up to a 6 (maybe a 4). i've had a size 12 for quite some time now so should i just get the 6 put in directly or go to a 10, then an 8 then a 6?

you can. but most dont recommend it. higher chance of tearing the skin and forming a keloid.
and some people just need to keep it movin, not everyone is the same, deal with it. people do $$!* differently thats just the way it is.

I somehow have a hard time imagining that someone had a 0g for any real amount of time and in a matter of weeks it shrank down to a normal guage (14-18g). Ihad 0's and 00's in HS and college for like 4 years total, took them out, and 8 years later I still had a 8g sized hole in my ear. I never tore my earwhile streaching, and waited a month or 2 between each guage, but the hole still isn't going to just close up.

I'm now back at a 0, and have been trying to go back up to a 00 (have some nice jade ones waiting) but keep putting it off. I wouldn't say it hurts(you shouldn't experience the intense throbbing you dudes were talking about), but it is a mild discomfort. I would stay away from getting them punched toa big size though if you want them to look even sort of normal again without getting them stiched up. The only dudes I knew with nasty gross holes either wentto 1/2-3/4s or got them punched. Not a good look either way.

As far as the job thing goes, I've had a wide variety of office jobs as well as "high end" retail management positions and have never had aproblem being taken seriously. Some people give me odd looks now and again, but for the most part it has never been an issue. I think as long as you dress andhandle yourself professionally you will be alright. Plus, it doesn't look any worse than the ridiculous chains/od fake diamond earrings that alot of yoududes are rocking.

pimp.gif

pics of you guys gauges?

i was thinking about getting them done, but im still on the fence about it

Originally Posted by Knivesdesu

I somehow have a hard time imagining that someone had a 0g for any real amount of time and in a matter of weeks it shrank down to a normal guage (14-18g). I had 0's and 00's in HS and college for like 4 years total, took them out, and 8 years later I still had a 8g sized hole in my ear. I never tore my ear while streaching, and waited a month or 2 between each guage, but the hole still isn't going to just close up.

I'm now back at a 0, and have been trying to go back up to a 00 (have some nice jade ones waiting) but keep putting it off. I wouldn't say it hurts (you shouldn't experience the intense throbbing you dudes were talking about), but it is a mild discomfort. I would stay away from getting them punched to a big size though if you want them to look even sort of normal again without getting them stiched up.

yeah i forgot how long i had mine at 0g but i know it wasnt long enough to heal properly when i took it out, but even when i was at 2g with proper healing itwould shrink back down a size.
the pain is more of a "heat" feeling mixed with tension i guess. it never was an intense pain, unless i got the taper caught in a shirt or a towel.

can each of you who have gauged piercings state your age and occupation?? i'm curious

Originally Posted by nine point five

I mean, maybe it's a little more extreme, but it's not irreversible. Much less severe than tattoos, yet they seem to be more accepted in the mainstream..
pamrolleyes.gif

I guess I will answer your question because my particular answer will probably be different from most...

I'm 28 and I am a grad student and manage a clothing store. As I stated, I currently have 0g plugs and have had them going on 13 years off and on. Since HSI've also had a number of other much more "corporate jobs" at an accounting firm, large advertising firm, art musesum, etc. and my guages havenever been an issue except at 16 when I tried to get a job at a dry cleaners. The old man who owned it told me I'd have to take them out if I was going towork there, but to this day he is the only one who has ever said anything. I'm getting to the point in my education where I am going to start teaching andthey have yet to be a problem on that front either. Maybe my experience is unusual, but it just hasn't been a big deal for me. Plus consider they were muchless "mainstream" when I first streached them as a teen.

Back
Top Bottom