thoughts on lack of hype or requests for pictures or info on the Air Jordan 2009 (24)

lobotomybeats

Supporter
I am positive this is being noted and monitored by the folks at Jordan Brand. They have to see these forums and see the apathy towards the new flagship model. Right? It is almost December and no one is asking for info regarding a shoe that comes out in February. I never remember there not being at least a littlechatter regarding the forthcoming Air Jordan. That is insane to me. It is indicative of not only a huge shift in focus by Jordan Brand., but also a hugeshift in demand by the consumers. So what do you think, is this how JB wanted it? Is this how they have positioned themselves? Was our apathy towards theflagship model their goal? Or do you think this is scaring Jordan Brand? Is our indifference towards the 24th Air Jordan a glaring problem in their eyes? Have the terrorist won?

The 2009 has no pics and is the first jay thats not in the 1-23 so until the pics come out and suprises us. Then there is no hype cause everyones expectationsare low

we just got pics of the XI/XII so give it some time. plus yea, who cares. I'm over JB. and I hope they are reading this and seeing that they are suckinglike a hoover. my money is going elsewhere JB/nike!!

Well after all the fusions and bad amalgamation shoes it's going to be hard to get hyped about a shoe that doesn't really have a big significance inthe legacy. At this point it's just another shoe that's way overpriced. Unless it comes out and is really worth the 190 price tag, no one is going tocare and it will surely hit outlets. Besides there's only so much money you can ask for from your consumer before they can't give anymore.

jc619er. You couldn't of said it any better. I have to say I agree %100. The quality on most of JBs stuff hasnt been on point lately.

JB's chickens are coming home to roost, that's all. They have no one to blame but themselves.

With so many other sneakers coming out right now (including 4 more XX3s) and the economy status, I just don't think people have time to worry about it yet.Of, course, there's also a lot of people who just don't care, judging from the posts above, lol.

Originally Posted by lobotomybeats

I am positive this is being noted and monitored by the folks at Jordan Brand. They have to see these forums and see the apathy towards the new flagship model. Right? It is almost December and no one is asking for info regarding a shoe that comes out in February. I never remember there not being at least a little chatter regarding the forthcoming Air Jordan. That is insane to me. It is indicative of not only a huge shift in focus by Jordan Brand., but also a huge shift in demand by the consumers. So what do you think, is this how JB wanted it? Is this how they have positioned themselves? Was our apathy towards the flagship model their goal? Or do you think this is scaring Jordan Brand? Is our indifference towards the 24th Air Jordan a glaring problem in their eyes? Have the terrorist won?
That's where you're wrong. If they bothered to pay attention to half the stuff that is said on these forums and ones like it, theywouldn't have released half the fusion junk they did. They either don't look to public opinion, or disregard it altogether.

Originally Posted by TNTRMSKD

Originally Posted by lobotomybeats

I am positive this is being noted and monitored by the folks at Jordan Brand. They have to see these forums and see the apathy towards the new flagship model. Right? It is almost December and no one is asking for info regarding a shoe that comes out in February. I never remember there not being at least a little chatter regarding the forthcoming Air Jordan. That is insane to me. It is indicative of not only a huge shift in focus by Jordan Brand., but also a huge shift in demand by the consumers. So what do you think, is this how JB wanted it? Is this how they have positioned themselves? Was our apathy towards the flagship model their goal? Or do you think this is scaring Jordan Brand? Is our indifference towards the 24th Air Jordan a glaring problem in their eyes? Have the terrorist won?
That's where you're wrong. If they bothered to pay attention to half the stuff that is said on these forums and ones like it, they wouldn't have released half the fusion junk they did. They either don't look to public opinion, or disregard it altogether.

Yep they acting just like Chrysler GM and Ford. They design what they want and then tell us to buy it. but now the economy is worsening, people are weighingtheir options and for the first time JB is in a situation where they cant tell their consumer what to buy and they have no idea how to act because they areused to just doing their own thing and still making huge profits.

"Yep they acting just like Chrysler GM and Ford. They design what they want and then tell us to buy it. "

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

But its far too true... 6 rings, dub zeros, TGIMs, fushions!? They are spoonfeeding their loyalists garbage, but most of them continue to eat it (and all toohappily, might I add)...

JB should innovate and make every product from here on our a considered product at an affordable price point. C'mon, MJ - innovate with responsibility andreclaim your wave of the future trend setting status!

Let's just hope that MJ doesn't hop into a private jet and fly to Washington seeking bailout funds anytime soon.

Originally Posted by jc619er

Well after all the fusions and bad amalgamation shoes it's going to be hard to get hyped about a shoe that doesn't really have a big significance in the legacy. At this point it's just another shoe that's way overpriced. Unless it comes out and is really worth the 190 price tag, no one is going to care and it will surely hit outlets. Besides there's only so much money you can ask for from your consumer before they can't give anymore.

^^ 100% on Point. The Quality of Products of the Greatest Player Ever......... Has been Trash. Cheap Pleather on $120+ Kicks just doesn't make sense. PoorStiching, Glue Stains, Bad Colorways, Ugly Fusions, Very Uninspired looking Team Shoes, This list can GO ON. This is why nobody cares for the Jordan 09 a$190(?) shoe. With the Past Products that have come out, It's real hard for any self respecting person/ Sneaker-Head to stay with Jordan Brand, and Not Runto Nike/Nike Retro, because atleast they use quailty leather (or as LeBron put it "Not that CHEAP STUFF"' as in the Six AD) Real Carbon Fiber notStupid Print, and generally choose pretty good colorways, and have very good inspired design. Hopefully Jordan Brand Reads This, Comes to an Understandingthat they..... Most Likely (unless they pull a total 180) Have Plateaued and will now sink Profit-Wise and in Relevantcy.

Rant Done!

$190 is ridiculous

They're designed by the same guy who did the CP3 II's.

How do they justify such a price tag without the original designer (XVII was an exception because Mike was coming out of retirement the second time).

i just want to get this year out the way, then worry about what the '09 is gonna look like but im not expecting much

Originally Posted by ssgefiestoakagerger

$190 is ridiculous

They're designed by the same guy who did the CP3 II's.

How do they justify such a price tag without the original designer (XVII was an exception because Mike was coming out of retirement the second time).

yeah 190 is wayyyyy to much

I am positive this is being noted and monitored by the folks at Jordan Brand

you don't have to be positive. it is CERTAIN. that is a confirmed from a friend that works at JB (it's part of his job to do so).

from what i've heard they're nothing to go crazy over. inspiration is fencing (???... i think that was confirmed on NT before though). that and theno-hype from us on the board (and probably elsewhere) so i'd bet that's why there are no pix of them yet.

Hope these are trash. These next few weeks are going to put me into a financial crisis. I don't need anymore kicks coming out for awhile.

Back
Top Bottom