thoughts on lack of hype or requests for pictures or info on the Air Jordan 2009 (24)

Originally Posted by milestailsprowe

The 2009 has no pics and is the first jay thats not in the 1-23 so until the pics come out and suprises us. Then there is no hype cause everyones expectations are low

Originally Posted by IJUMPMAN

With so many other sneakers coming out right now (including 4 more XX3s) and the economy status, I just don't think people have time to worry about it yet. Of, course, there's also a lot of people who just don't care, judging from the posts above, lol.

everybody still focusing on the CDP XI/XII, lets wait till January when the HYPE begins...

after 23 jordans dont exist anymore like how back in the day when they use to use the "JUMPMAN" name for non-numerical shoes. the are just jumpmansnow lol.

Originally Posted by TNTRMSKD

Originally Posted by lobotomybeats

I am positive this is being noted and monitored by the folks at Jordan Brand. They have to see these forums and see the apathy towards the new flagship model. Right? It is almost December and no one is asking for info regarding a shoe that comes out in February. I never remember there not being at least a little chatter regarding the forthcoming Air Jordan. That is insane to me. It is indicative of not only a huge shift in focus by Jordan Brand., but also a huge shift in demand by the consumers. So what do you think, is this how JB wanted it? Is this how they have positioned themselves? Was our apathy towards the flagship model their goal? Or do you think this is scaring Jordan Brand? Is our indifference towards the 24th Air Jordan a glaring problem in their eyes? Have the terrorist won?
That's where you're wrong. If they bothered to pay attention to half the stuff that is said on these forums and ones like it, they wouldn't have released half the fusion junk they did. They either don't look to public opinion, or disregard it altogether.
I personally dont have any fusions or plan on getting any anytime soon, but i honestly have nothing against them, but u have to think about theirsales that theyre getting off of them. Regardless is NKers dont like them they dont care. Maybe if nobody was buying them and they read these forums then maybethey would change their mind. So when you see someone wearing fusions let them know buy the real Jays.

The 2009 has no pics and is the first jay thats not in the 1-23 so until the pics come out and suprises us. Then there is no hype cause everyones expectations are low

thats right for sure. what more can you expect from JB? they are a garbage brand now. fusions, hybrids, Fakes? low quality but high price. lovingly colorwaysfor your next door 'rapper-wanabies'.

JB's most releases = EASY PASssSssssSSSSS

For $190.00, J.Brand needs some Foamposite material in their somewhere imo. I'm curious how these things are going to look.

XVII's were $199 and the XX3's are $185...so $190 is not that big of a stretch.

The shoe won't be numbered but its STILL the Flagship model...if I-XX3 is any indication of what's to come theshoes will be nice...out of 23 pairs they've really only dropped the ball once imo (XV)

Expectations are high for EVERYTHING Jordan Brand does...that's why the fusions don't getmuch love and people constantly complain about quality because we EXPECT more

regardless.......kicks will be uncoppable cuz they not numbered.....nor are they signatures......smh at Jordan Brand....

JB has too KNOW
Quality has not been ROBUST
COLORWAYZ have been a huge let down
Accuracy of which kix drop when and where has been low
2009 could be the year JB fixes all 3 too regain their prominence over All

If You Guys Arent Lying and somehow AJ09 is Crack i'll be Glad To Take Your Pairs. I Dont Know How Anyone Can Judge a Shoe When It Hasnt Even Been PeepedYet. Im not Expecting much, but not the type to say its a no-go without seeing them first.

..there is no hype cause everyones expectations are low
tired.gif

jb has turned horrible..
everything now are hybrids...
after the 11/12 pack im gettin air maxes lol

Easy answer:

1) XX3's, 11/12 CDP, and a few other releases. (The XX3 is the best signature shoe since the XIII, IMO. 3 SOLID CWs dropping have peopleminds elsewhere.)

2) The name isnt "The Jordan XXIV". After switching the name, I doubt it will ever get as much hype as past releases because people dont think of itas the next sig shoe. It IS the next sig shoe, they just changed the name and said "The XX3 will be the last sig shoe" to putUber-Hype on the XX3. If JB deosnt come SOLID with this shoe, people wont ever expect much, ever again.

I cant wait for pics to surface. Hopefully they come strong.

It's good that we aren't anticipating the AJ 2009 much because it leaves less room for disappointment. And when there's less room fordisappointments; true opinions are made.

It's like JB is making the XX3 is so many good colorways, they're expanding the life of the shoe; which is why a lot of us aren't dying to see theAJ 2009.

The Air Jordan line has lost a bit of its luster with all these wack retros and fusions.

I'm still excited to see what new technology they incorporate in the AJ 2009...but it just doesnt feel the same.

quality on the sig shoes is fine.....its just the retroes

to all the people saying qualty.....name one numerical jordan with crappy quality in its original release

The expectations for them arent high since JB has been throwing garbage at us lately. I doubt it will become a hit unless its really worth 190. Which i doubt.and most people also doubt it too.

Back
Top Bottom