Thoughts on the confederate flag

So it takes the year 2015 and 9 black lives for the talk of the confederate flag to come down? That flag is responsible for countless black lives taken back when the KKK was openly displaying it.
Im pretty sure this isnt the first time it has been discussed papi :lol:

I don't see how you can make the assertion that the him wearing the confederate flag is any different than ANY person of color using the word ******. Someone please explain the differentiation.
If you don't know the difference between ger and gga and why it's different from adopting a flag based solely from treason, hate, and slavery. I really can't help you.

And we all know black people don't say gga to each other to oppress one another.

Im pretty sure this isnt the first time it has been discussed papi :lol:

It's not the first time it's been discussed, but they are really going hard. The governor even called for the removal. In South Carolina's histrory, you ain't ever have a Republican governor say some ish like that. You even got Walmart talking about they are going to stop selling confederate flag merchandise.

I remember that.

Lol Jon said he did it to piss off people that fly the flag.

If you don't know the difference between ger and gga and why it's different from adopting a flag based solely from treason, hate, and slavery. I really can't help you.

And we all know black people don't say gga to each other to oppress one another.

You're not making much sense. The word ****** is the quintessential derogatory term. Considered the most foul in the English language by many. The "it's a difference when it ends in an a" argument is so asinine at this point that it's comical. You find fault with adopting a flag based on "treason, hate, and slavery" and yet somehow give a pass to the word ******? The term used to describe your ancestors during hundreds of years of oppression? The term that's still used to this day by the descendants of those who considered your people to be subhuman? Open your eyes to what's in front of you, brother. The use of the word ****** by African Americans is one of the biggest mind***** ever. It's gotten to the point where that's how we so commonly see ourselves. Don't simply rally behind this flag issue and forget that it's part of a bigger picture.

And save that nonsense about blacks not using it to oppress one another. Search any video where black people are in conflict, or are fighting one another. You may hear the word used a dozen times over, but not once does it sound like it's being spoken to uplift the person it was directed at.

You're not making much sense. The word ****** is the quintessential derogatory term. Considered the most foul in the English language by many. The "it's a difference when it ends in an a" argument is so asinine at this point that it's comical. You find fault with adopting a flag based on "treason, hate, and slavery" and yet somehow give a pass to the word ******? The term used to describe your ancestors during hundreds of years of oppression? The term that's still used to this day by the descendants of those who considered your people to be subhuman? Open your eyes to what's in front of you, brother. The use of the word ****** by African Americans is one of the biggest mind***** ever. It's gotten to the point where that's how we so commonly see ourselves. Don't simply rally behind this flag issue and forget that it's part of a bigger picture.

And save that nonsense about blacks not using it to oppress one another. Search any video where black people are in conflict, or are fighting one another. You may hear the word used a dozen times over, but not once does it sound like it's being spoken to uplift the person it was directed at.
I never said I was okay with the word. Quote me when you find it, because I personally don't use it myself. I agree with what you're saying but my point is, it's still different than the support of flag. We'll agree to disagree.

Last edited:
As states reconsider its role, Confederate flag sales skyrocket 2,300% on Amazon

View media item 1595718
As South Carolina and other states reconsider the role and placement of the Confederate lag, sales of it are absolutely skyrocketing on Amazon. Sears, eBay, and Walmart have each opted to remove the flags from their stores and ban future sales, but Amazon, quite obviously, has not yet joined in. As many as 30,000 unique Confederate flag-related items are currently sold by hundreds of independent retailers on Amazon—with many offering free shipping via Amazon Prime.
Are supporters stockpiling? It's hard to say, but it's abundantly clear that Amazon is profiteering off this hateful symbol and many Americans are preparing to have their own flags in case it's taken down in their home states.

Well of course!!!!

I said it in this thread, or one similar that it's going to be displayed more openly now. You'll start seeing it in places that you'd least expect.

Whatever brings them to the surface the better.

Wear your ignorance on your chest so I know where you stand from jump

Whatever brings them to the surface the better.

Wear your ignorance on your chest so I know where you stand from jump
Yeah, I don't want some closet racist out here interacting with me. But it happens...
Can't avoid it 
mean.gif

Can't avoid it 
mean.gif
This.

I feel more so for the kids coming up now. I think they'll have it worse off than we did; I hope not, but society feels different now.

Maybe I'm just caught up in the moment, but things like this keep happening month after month.

Last edited:
Forgot I used to see the largest confederate flag I've ever seen in real life on the way to college. It was somewhere between Tenaha Texas and Nacogdoches Texas. A real ominious looking thing as its practically in the middle of nowhere.

I was wondering when that video would show up. That former NAACP president picture is disturbing.

^Somebody is getting their lease renewal denied.

I swear every time one of these flag supporters speak out they're setting the south back further and further. I feel bad for the articulate/progressive southerners that get thrown in a box with bumpkins.

The south lost and the nation is a better place because of it. Put the flag away and stop re-enacting your L every year, like who even does that.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom