Thoughts on the confederate flag

I used to be one of the guys who thought there was nothing wrong with the Confederate flag. It's just a thing people from the south identify with, and that's fine. But this is the United States of America, no reason a confederate flag should be flown in any government building. I also don't think streets and monuments should be named after confederate generals. If it's a private road, fine do what you want, but not on a public street. I do however believe that the confederate cemeteries and other historical locations should be kept and made into a national landmark. We need to remember that part of American history. Whether we like it or not, it is our history. We can't ever forget it and we need to know what people are capable of, same way death camps in certain former Nazi occupied places are remembered.

Those who don't know their history are doomed to repeat it.

I think if we teach American history in a more thorough fashion, our country would be better off. We can't forget what this country stood for. We can't forget about our founding fathers and the 3% who fought for their beliefs to become a free nation. Yea, they owned slaves, yea I'm sure a lot of them were racists, but they taught us that we are a country who can revolt and change the way things are.

I get what Ye was trying to do. But some things you just leave alone. This isn't like the N word with the GA at the end. I'm all for taking a negative and making it positive but this ?......nah

Kanye devalued his own career when he released Yeezus

lets not make this about kanyes music.

lets make this about people who are not white supremecasit wearing the flag as a way to give the middle finger to white supremecasit

:lol: I wonder what would happen if black people all over the country wore a T shirt with a confederate flag on it. Rustle Jimmies to the max.

We need to bring the black fist back in a major way. Hey T-shirt man...

fist2.jpg

I get what Ye was trying to do. But some things you just leave alone. This isn't like the N word with the GA at the end. I'm all for taking a negative and making it positive but this ?......nah

I don't see how you can make the assertion that the him wearing the confederate flag is any different than ANY person of color using the word ******. Someone please explain the differentiation.

I remember back in HS this kid was rocking the stars and bars over his truck...we from the East Bay too and his family was from Vallejo :lol: :smh: talking bout southern pride...
Matter of fact I remember my freshman year they found a noose hung over the tree in our quad :smh:
And a swastika on the hill overlooking our HS :smh:

All in the Bay too. Vacaville and walnut creek not too far out either...seen some crazy stuff out there and only 30 minutes out.

Last edited:
Let me guess. You're not black?

I don't see how that's relevant. Perhaps you'd like to explain that as well after you're finished with my first question.

And I swear, I don't mean to come off as a prick. I just don't follow the rhetoric behind you making the differentiation between the flag/n word with the "a" and the hard "r" .

So it takes the year 2015 and 9 black lives for the talk of the confederate flag to come down? That flag is responsible for countless black lives taken back when the KKK was openly displaying it.

Back
Top Bottom