Thoughts/Opinions/Reviews of the Pippen I Retro

Originally Posted by SW33TS1NC3R1TY

my boyfriend says this all time....got it from a Nas song "by the time you can afford it, the car ain't important"

i guess you can insert sneaker in there
laugh.gif

unless it's a classic

Originally Posted by bull3t

^^^unless it's a classic

exactly...like i said if u sleep on a shoe waitin for it to go on sale u gotta feel kinda foolish when it dont....i didnt sleep on the royal foams i justcouldnt afford em when they retroed.....so now i gotta pay the price...and it was $400....if i see another DS size 13 i'll do it again

Originally Posted by sneakermane

^^^ $400 for some royal foam ones?! Wow...goody for you Mr. Money ain't a thing.

Question...Does your $400 pair come with something that my $200 on release day didn't?
surprised u didnt wait till they went on sale.......
roll.gif

I'm happy with my pair, I got them DS for $90 shipped for the OG colorway, and the white and purple are nice too.

Originally Posted by Swerv1n

Personally if a shoe is droppin and i have to wait for it to go on sale for me to cop, i aint coppin it....straight up. I must not like it that much. I dont mind payin retail at all if it means i can have the shoe asap. I aint cheap when it come to my kicks. Whether they cost me $100 or $300....

But you couldn't afford $200?
Looks like somebody didn't like Royal Foams that much, Mr. I aint cheap. It's amazing how hype changes peoples likes & dislikes.
laugh.gif

U ALREADY!!!

sneakermane wrote:
Swerv1n:
exactly...like i said if u sleep on a shoe waitin for it to go on sale u gotta feel kinda foolish when it dont....i didnt sleep on the royal foams i just couldnt afford em when they retroed.....so now i gotta pay the price...and it was $400....if i see another DS size 13 i'll do it again

Looks like somebody didn't like Royal Foams that much, Mr. I aint cheap. It's amazing how hype changes peoples likes & dislikes.

you either gettin desperate or can't read.....
laugh.gif
.....incase you dont know my royals retroed in 2007.....its 2009 now. I had to not buy them in 2007 cause i was gettin my life right before i started buyin shoes icouldnt afford..... NOW....(2009)....i can afford to pay $400 now for em. Maybe if you quit waitin and buyin shoes when they go on sale and sacrifice forawhile u could afford to pay retail or more in a year or two. If i was doin like u doin now i would still be in that same broke all the time situation. Hypehas nothing to do wit priorities. Thats a lesson u need to learn. Maybe u should wait till some reading glasses go on sale and buy em before u reply to apost....
nerd.gif
roll.gif
i'm done givin u financial advice i had foams when u was in diapers....like10 years ago i would guess. i'm done wit u....poof

back on topic i think the pippens will retro either this year or next with people bringing it up.

Kicksonfire has a petition/vote page up to send to Nike to retro the white colorway here it is :

http://www.kicksonfire.com/2009/02/16/bring-it-back-nike-air-pippen-1-white-black-silver/

Originally Posted by bull3t

Originally Posted by SW33TS1NC3R1TY

my boyfriend says this all time....got it from a Nas song "by the time you can afford it, the car ain't important"

i guess you can insert sneaker in there
laugh.gif

unless it's a classic

right between the eyes!

love the pippens but i could afford them back i the day.i hated the fact that my big bro had the blk/red pair & i couldn't even lay a finger on them.hehad them on top of the tv a couple of times too just to spite me. it's my turn now

sneakermane wrote:
Swerv1n:
exactly...like i said if u sleep on a shoe waitin for it to go on sale u gotta feel kinda foolish when it dont....i didnt sleep on the royal foams i just couldnt afford em when they retroed.....so now i gotta pay the price...and it was $400....if i see another DS size 13 i'll do it again

you either gettin desperate or can't read.....
laugh.gif
.....in case you dont know my royals retroed in 2007.....its 2009 now. I had to not buy them in 2007 cause i was gettin my life right before i started buyin shoes i couldnt afford..... NOW....(2009)....i can afford to pay $400 now for em. Maybe if you quit waitin and buyin shoes when they go on sale and sacrifice for awhile u could afford to pay retail or more in a year or two. If i was doin like u doin now i would still be in that same broke all the time situation. Hype has nothing to do wit priorities. Thats a lesson u need to learn. Maybe u should wait till some reading glasses go on sale and buy em before u reply to a post....
nerd.gif
roll.gif
i'm done givin u financial advice i had foams when u was in diapers....like 10 years ago i would guess. i'm done wit u....poof

back on topic i think the pippens will retro either this year or next with people bringing it up.

Kicksonfire has a petition/vote page up to send to Nike to retro the white colorway here it is :

http://www.kicksonfire.com/2009/02/16/bring-it-back-nike-air-pippen-1-white-black-silver/

there's nothing cool about how much you paid for them really, you should stop pushing that as hard as you do. if the price doesn't evenmatter to you, why mention it in the first place? i'd never shell out 400 for them, but that's me. i have such a long hitlist right now that i have atleast 5 shoes i'm interested in lined up at any time for well under their value. patience is part of the game it sounds like you need to learn man,you'd be surprised at how much more of your favorites you'll end up with just with a little waiting. not starting beef by the way, just my ideas.i'm down with nike retro's going on sale. these would be on sale at one point or another, but a release would be sweet.

^^^ cause people always diss people who pay "retail" not everyone is thrifty when it come to shoes. And I wasn't talkin to u anyway. But thanksfor ur 2 cents. Nothin wrong wit payin retail that's a lesson alot u should learn. Not everything comes cheap or on sale. Don't hate cause someonemight want or is able to pay more than u would. Sad

Originally Posted by sneakermane

^^^ $400 for some royal foam ones?! Wow...goody for you Mr. Money ain't a thing.

Question...Does your $400 pair come with something that my $200 on release day, still DS pair didn't?

Newjacks...
roll.gif

Good deal on them CDP 3s, Harm.

U ALREADY!!!
haha yea i paid $210 for mines too..i wonder what dude is trying to say..i got a couple of kicks on sale..

I am selling my pair of lightly worn OG whites SZ 11 on eBay right now, ends in a day and a half. PM me if you would like the link.

I'm overall very pleased with the Pippen I retro. I had the OGs and I think the detail and quality are good (except for the air bubble). I thinkwe'll see the white cw eventually.

Originally Posted by HARMCITY45

I'm not ******ed enough to drop 300-400 on shoes

That's called being thirsty, that's you sir

Being thirsty all the time isn't a good look homie
smh.gif

You the same thirsty dude gettin' mad cuz you wasn't in the know on the 1/2 cents

And yes A LOT of shoes go on sale in Bmore, so I'm straight

I wasn't going to pull this buffoon's card about his performance in the 1/2 Cent thread. Oh well...
roll.gif

You can talk broke in 07'...rich in 09' all you want. I know your kind, homie. Your a NEWJACK!!!

You can tell a NEWJACK by how he acts toward a shoe. Foams ain't nothing new when you live in B'More...or the DMV. A new colorway drops...You cop &keep it moving. YOU DON'T DO LIKE YOU...BEASTING OVER IT DOING CARTWHEELS AND @#$%...GOING ON THREADS ACTING LIKE A JUNKIE NEEDING AFIX!!! You wasn't up on Foams in 07' so you missed out. Now that my beloved "Dopes" are the hypebeast magnet of 09'...you gotcaught beasting and shelled out $400. Plain and simple. Ain't nothing else believable to me. I call a spade a spade!!!

how cute....sorry i dont base the shoes i buy off the TV hype. The shoe being scottie first sig shoe had nothing to do wit why i bought em...
laugh.gif
Who cares !!!!!! All i'm sayin is the shoe is straight fire...i dont care who's shoe it is. I woulda liked it the same with no ones name on it.

Matter fact...I'ma go one step further........
Your a NEWJACK when it comes to Pippens too.

Only a NEWJACK would hi-jack this thread the way you did. All salivating over a shoe like it's your future wife...without even acknowledging the man whowore the shoe. Since you probably have no idea...Here's a pic of Scottie actually wearing your so called "grails".

5442542e7d4e342a1331dd2234b91afb0533d94.pjpg

How many cats cop Air Jordans...but don't care that Mike actually wore the shoe?! Why do you think Penny Foam Ones get soooo much morelove than Foam Pros?! Cause it was Penny's shoe!!!
You could care less that Scottie wore the shoe, hence the name Air Pippen. The words came out your own mouth! You probably didn't evenknow it was his shoe till you googled it or something.
laugh.gif

Than you rant about how you would even go as far as copping a fake pairon that other thread...that's how bad you want them.In-excusable!!!
sick.gif

Truth is...You just discover this shoe, didn't you?!
Fact says...If you was up on a White based Pippen 1 that bad...you would of copped the White/Blue colorway that dropped a few years back,which mind you....saw huge sale tags.
Tell the truth homie...You recently saw someone with a pair of White/Silvers and you beasted like the NEWJACK that you are!!!! Best thingsince sliced bread....

LET ME START OR HI-JACK AS MANY THREADS AS POSSIBLE HYPING UP MY NEW FIND!!! Jokes on you, lil' whipper snapper...IT AIN'TNEW!!!!
smh.gif

If the White/Silver re-release...I'll cop a size 10. If they don't...I'll lose no sleep. I got my fav colorway (Black/Red). Plus, I can always govisit my lil' cousin & see the OG pair (size 9) that I gave him many years ago.
happy.gif

U ALREADY!!!

Can we get back to opinions of the Pippen 1s...colorways that have ACTUALLY re-released?
roll.gif

U ALREADY!!!

oh man, dude doesn't even take constructive criticism properly, newjack allll the way. keep fronting your newfound wealth man, but it won't get you faron NT. thats's my last stop here, this thread had potential too...

wow dude wrote a book for a post / if dude got bread to spend on shoes dont hate congradulate you dudes sound jealous step ya game up

Well back on topic
laugh.gif
. I picked up the black/purple pair from Ross today for $40.
I wanted them when they first came out but i didn't have the 160 to drop on em. Guess I got lucky.

the black n purps are dope too....i'm just gonna wait till the whites retro again....i almost bought the purps but theres to much heat comin out that iwant more....i need a few pairs of AM 2009's....my patience will be rewarded next year hopefully if the whites drop......hopefully....
happy.gif

Originally Posted by ScottiePimpin

wow dude wrote a book for a post / if dude got bread to spend on shoes dont hate congradulate you dudes sound jealous step ya game up

Getting my book writing skills up to par. Look out for my paperback...

Sneakermane's......"Too Many Newjacks, Too Few Shoes."

Coming to a Barnes & Noble near you.
laugh.gif

U ALREADY!!!

Originally Posted by ScottiePimpin

thats what happens when cats got to much time on their hands....didnt mean to get him that amped....kids sensative these days.....
roll.gif

dude thread jacked now its a wrap.....i'm done in here

PIPPEN ALL WHITE RETRO COMING IN 2010 !!!!! see u then.......... $werv1n a.k.a.$poiledFeet

i like the black and red colorway. picked up a pair long time ago. heavy but comfortable. wish nike would make a zoom air version of the pippen 1. that wouldbe nice.

Back
Top Bottom