Thoughts/Opinions/Reviews of the Pippen I Retro

good retro

waitin for them to drop to 100 @ footlocker (they still got FSR in the DMV)and then i will hit em with the military discount.... BONG = $80 =COP

why do i get the feelin u talkin to me..?? i dont need to ask myself i know why, its cause the shoe is hot. Playing on NBC is no reason at all. They still play games on NBC and i dont think every shoe they air sells out
Stop, there hasn't been an NBA game on NBC in years.

^^^Prolly not....but this topic been poppin up alot lately on diff web sites so u never know....I'm just waitin on confirmation

I actually didnt like them too much. I never had the OG's though so maybe thats why. They feel weird, heavy and big on my feet. I dont know if thats howthey're supposed to feel but I don't like it like that. They feel real big in the back like if it protrudes out too much or something.

Looking at them is a different story. I bought them because I liked them back in the days and I never got them when they first came out.

Nice to look at but too heavy for me. Im still going to hang on to them though.

Originally Posted by sneakermane

Originally Posted by Swerv1n

sneakermane wrote:

Why is it that ERR'Time some cat on NT thinks a shoe is hot regardless of what shoe it is.......if ever retro released, that particular shoe will sell out instantly? How?
Are you gonna buy up ERR' Pair?!
Ask yourself WHY the OG Black/Red & White/Silver sold so well. Could it be because Scottie Pippen was actually WEARING them back in 96/97? Could it be that the Chicago Bulls LIVED on NBC back then? NO

why do i get the feelin u talkin to me..?? i dont need to ask myself i know why, its cause the shoe is hot. Playing on NBC is no reason at all. They still play games on NBC and i dont think every shoe they air sells out.....
laugh.gif

I could care less if Nike makes 10,000 pairs and i get the only 3 pairs sold. Everyone else is saying all this "Oh the white pair wont sell at all, the white pair is gonna tank like they know the future. Just tryin to hate cause they see someone likes the shoe alot. I dont care what u or anyone thinks about this shoe as long as they will be worn on my feet. So fall back with the attitude its not that serious ....to me anyway. I'm coppin reguardless. TO ME the whites are straight fire....
pimp.gif
...n thats all that matters

Ain't nobody fallin' nowhere! We talkin' about Pippens...not CP3!!!

The shoe sold back then because it was Scottie Pippen's FIRST signature shoe, and you saw him wearing them. Being a Chicago Bull & winning championships didn't hurt sales either. Do you know how many Chicago Bulls fans existed back in 96/97? They were world-wide.
laugh.gif
Only a moron would think that the man WEARING his shoe DIDN'T make cats run out and buy them. This is the shoe he wore during the 72-10 season...NUFF SAID!!!

Fast forward to present day...Scottie ain't playing anymore.

If the white/silver colorway drops...buy as many pairs as you want. Why stop at 3...cop the whole FSR at your spot. Whatever floats your boat. It wont stop me from buying my pair on sale. People on this thread live in the real world & know that Nike retros are easy as hell to cop nowadays. No matter how nice they are, Nike ain't dropping no tier zero Pippens!

Your arguement is worthless. Who has time to hate on what you like? Who really cares what you like? Matter fact...Who the hell are you?!
roll.gif

U ALREADY!!!

Goin all types of Ham and Gravy....Lmao...

Not a bad idea at all.....i would in a minute....might be alittle yellowed but F it

they seriously need to release the white ones...those were my favs when they first came out...i don't understand why they didn't release them.

He didn't wear them during the 72-10 season (95-96). He wore them at the '97 all-star game, during the second half of the '97 season, and the'97 playoffs. He wore a PE version after the all-star game, but Nike blessed him with sig shoe, that didn't have the bubble. He wore a zoom air versioninstead, because the way the shoe is built, and the way his style of play wasn't a good match.

Wade your og post was cool. Just clarifying for the kids.

laugh.gif
Dud thinkin' they still play on NBC. Not since '02 kid...

the classic black/red retro i'd rate a 9.5/10
the retro+ colorways are ALL LAME. black/reds are the only ones i copped and the only ones i will cop unless the OG white colorway drops.

can't wait til it gets hot to pull these out the box.

i remember when i had the all whites when they 1st dropped years ago. wore them to hell. i been wearing the purple/blk 1s ALOT. but for $60 cant beat it. lol

I can't say this enough. Females embraced the wht Pippen I's. They were in love with these hard body. I can remember madd chicks in my JHS rockin'the Pips hard.

Originally Posted by KingJay718

He didn't wear them during the 72-10 season (95-96). He wore them at the '97 all-star game, during the second half of the '97 season, and the '97 playoffs. He wore a PE version after the all-star game, but Nike blessed him with sig shoe, that didn't have the bubble. He wore a zoom air version instead, because the way the shoe is built, and the way his style of play wasn't a good match.

laugh.gif
Dud thinkin' they still play on NBC. Not since '02 kid...

Great post, my bro.

Only in 2009 would someone state an Hall of Fame athlete wearing his first signature shoe didn't mean anything. Scottie looked ill with them babies on.Thanks for the stats.

U ALREADY!!!!

Originally Posted by KingJay718

He didn't wear them during the 72-10 season (95-96). He wore them at the '97 all-star game, during the second half of the '97 season, and the '97 playoffs. He wore a PE version after the all-star game, but Nike blessed him with sig shoe, that didn't have the bubble. He wore a zoom air version instead, because the way the shoe is built, and the way his style of play wasn't a good match.
Great post, my bro.

Only in 2009 would someone state an Hall of Fame athlete wearing his first signature shoe didn't mean anything. Scottie looked ill with them babies on. Thanks for the stats.
how cute....sorry i dont base the shoes i buy off the TV hype. The shoe being scottie first sig shoe had nothing to do wit why i boughtem...
laugh.gif

i bought em cause they hot. You 2 dont even know when he wore em..u say the 72-10 season , the other kid Jay718 said it wasnt.....
roll.gif

Who cares !!!!!! All i'm sayin is the shoe is straight fire...i dont care who's shoe it is. I woulda liked it the same with no ones name on it.

Why is it that ERR'Time some cat on NT thinks a shoe is hot regardless of what shoe it is.......if ever retro released, that particular shoe will sell out instantly? How?

roll.gif

Ask yourself WHY the OG Black/Red & White/Silver sold so well. Could it be because Scottie Pippen was actually WEARING them back in 96/97? Could it be that the Chicago Bulls LIVED on NBC back then?

Ya'll are ridiculous with this "When the white/silver colorway drop...it will sell out @#$%". No it won't!!! Like someone else stated...when is the last time a non-Jordan retro sold out?!

Black/reds went on sale...and so would the White/Silver. Just like the Agassi's...Just like the Penny 2s...Just like the Penny 3s...Just like Penny 1s...Just like the Bakins...Just like the Jason Kidds...Just like the Deions...Just like Barkleys...Just like.......

Need I continue?!

Some of ya'll need help.

U ALREADY!!!!
griffeys ain't goin on sale....
grin.gif

foamposites ain't go on sale....
grin.gif

bakins in NY in the red OG color with yellow laces didn't go on sale
grin.gif

so u can't always go by that.......

Originally Posted by Untitled

roll.gif

Ask yourself WHY the OG Black/Red & White/Silver sold so well. Could it be because Scottie Pippen was actually WEARING them back in 96/97? Could it be that the Chicago Bulls LIVED on NBC back then?

Ya'll are ridiculous with this "When the white/silver colorway drop...it will sell out @#$%". No it won't!!! Like someone else stated...when is the last time a non-Jordan retro sold out?!

Black/reds went on sale...and so would the White/Silver. Just like the Agassi's...Just like the Penny 2s...Just like the Penny 3s...Just like Penny 1s...Just like the Bakins...Just like the Jason Kidds...Just like the Deions...Just like Barkleys...Just like.......

Need I continue?!

Some of ya'll need help.

U ALREADY!!!!
griffeys ain't goin on sale....
grin.gif

foamposites ain't go on sale....
grin.gif

bakins in NY in the red OG color with yellow laces didn't go on sale
grin.gif

so u can't always go by that.......

Still lookin' for those.
tired.gif

^^^I'm feel bad for you New Yorkers that had to pay retail for any colorway Bakins. They went on sale like everything else. Griffeys just dropped recently,and I can still cop at any numerous location. They'll get there too. Once again...condolences goes out to you NY cats that gotta pay retail.
laugh.gif

Foams are the exception...Foamposite Ones that is.

Btw...for all this fussing, I hope this shoe does re-release.

U ALREADY!!!

i dont get all this talk about shoes goin on sale ....i dont think i ever bought kicks "on sale" unless it was ebay and i got em cheap. Personally ifa shoe is droppin and i have to wait for it to go on sale for me to cop, i aint coppin it....straight up. I must not like it that much. I dont mind payinretail at all if it means i can have the shoe asap. Nowadays payin retail for a shoe is great. I aint cheap when it come to my kicks. Whether they cost me $100or $300.... i just paid $400 for some royal foam ones so shoes on sale aint really on my radar.

Originally Posted by HARMCITY45

Originally Posted by Swerv1n

i dont get all this talk about shoes goin on sale ....i dont think i ever bought kicks "on sale" unless it was ebay and i got em cheap. Personally if a shoe is droppin and i have to wait for it to go on sale for me to cop, i aint coppin it....straight up. I must not like it that much. I dont mind payin retail at all if it means i can have the shoe asap. Nowadays payin retail for a shoe is great. I aint cheap when it come to my kicks. Whether they cost me $100 or $300.... i just paid $400 for some royal foam ones so shoes on sale aint really on my radar.
I feel sorry for you then....
Hell I just copped the CDP 3/20 pack for a $125....Sold the XX's to an old head for $50
I paid $75 for 3's
Griffeys will be on sale soon enough....

i feel more sorry for you....obviously money is alittle tight for u to have to cop shoes on sale all the time and buy CDP's to sell a pair of the two.
But money is tight for alot of people so i see what u doin...but dont feel bad for me cause i dont have to wait to buy shoes until they go on sale. Truth is ifu have to wait u prolly shouldnt be buyin em at all. I dont care if i pay $200 for a shoe then next week i see em on sale for $100. What if they never go onsale like alot of shoes and u slept on em waitin....i mean thats just silly to me.

my boyfriend says this all time....got it from a Nas song "by the time you can afford it, the car ain't important"

i guess you can insert sneaker in there
laugh.gif

^^^ $400 for some royal foam ones?! Wow...goody for you Mr. Money ain't a thing.

Question...Does your $400 pair come with something that my $200 on release day, still DS pair didn't?

Newjacks...
roll.gif

Good deal on them CDP 3s, Harm.

U ALREADY!!!

Back
Top Bottom