--- Thread About History ---

Bend_The_Knee

formerly gotholesinmysocks
It could be about any point in history.

Post vids, pics, links.

Recommend books and doc's.

Currently reading about WW1, specifically the Harlem Hellfighters.

Mansa-Musa.jpg

Last edited:
One thing I'm happy about moving out here to Fairfax is the history that surrounds this area.

I'm the only one that looks forward to reading the historical signs along the road, yet my wife doesn't care at all.

Passed by a small church that George Washington helped design and build and my wife was like 'Oh, okay' 
mean.gif

History was my major and still wish I could teach it someday.

I LOVE history. I read books, watch documentaries, and even attend historical society showings in my city. Here are a few of my favorite stories that I had to learn outside of the classroom:

1. Did you know there was a successful coup d'etat, wherein the Government of Wilmington, NC was illegally seized, by Americans on American soil? Unfortunately this was not a revolt against a tyranical government, but rather, a covert takeover of an entire city inhabited by mostly people of color. White supremacists conspired to draft legislation and, with the help of magistrate judges, systematically removed many of the black business and home owners by means of intimidation and violence. From Wiki:

View media item 2209567
The Wilmington insurrection of 1898, also known as the Wilmington massacre of 1898 or the Wilmington race riot of 1898, began in Wilmington, North Carolina on November 10, 1898 and continued for several days. It is considered a turning point in Post-Reconstruction North Carolina politics. The event marks an era of more severe racial segregation and effective disenfranchisement of African-Americans throughout the South, a shift already underway since passage by Mississippi of a new constitution in 1890 raising barriers to voter registration. Laura Edwards wrote in Democracy Betrayed (2000), "What happened in Wilmington became an affirmation of white supremacy not just in that one city, but in the South and in the nation as a whole."

Originally described by European-Americans as a race riot caused by blacks, the events are now classified as a coup d'etat; white Democratic Party insurgents overthrew the legitimately elected local government, expelling black leaders from the city. In addition, a mob of nearly 2,000 white men attacked the only black newspaper in the state, and persons and property in black neighborhoods, killing an estimated 15 to more than 60 victims, and destroying homes and businesses built up since the Civil War.

If you get a chance, see Wilmington on Fire.

2. Before Hawaii was America's tropical paradise, it was one of the world's last remaining monarchies. Hawaii had always been a major exporter of things like Sugar, but it wasn't until the first permanent sugar planations were established in the early/mid 1800s that Americans began to interfere with Hawaii's policy on a large scale. From Wiki:

View media item 2209568
American influence in Hawaiian government began with American-born plantation owners demanding a say in Kingdom politics. This was driven by missionary religion and the economics of the sugar industry. Pressure from these foreign born politicians was being felt by the King and chiefs with demands of land tenure. After the 1843 takeover by the British, Kamehameha III relented to the foreign advisors to private land demands with the Great Mahele, distributing the lands as pushed on heavily by the missionaries, including Gerrit P. Judd. During the 1850s, the U.S. import tariff on sugar from Hawaii was much higher than the import tariffs Hawaiians were charging the U.S., and Kamehameha III sought reciprocity. The monarch wished to lower the tariffs being paid out to the U.S. while still maintaining the Kingdom's sovereignty and make Hawaiian sugar competitive with other foreign markets. In 1854 Kamehameha III proposed a policy of reciprocity between the countries but the proposal died in the U.S. Senate.

Fun fact: Goku's signature move, the Kamehameha, was inspired by Hawaii's royal family.

3. Nestle. You probably know them as the maker of kitkats, bottled water, and that horrible Nesquik drink. What you probably don't know them for is conspiring to kill infants. Well, not kill, but to engineer dependency of their mothers on Nestle's infant formula, creating a scenario where mothers were unable to make breastmilk for their babies and were forced to buy formula, many of whom could not afford to do so. Sound crazy? From Wiki:

View media item 2209574
Advocacy groups and charities have accused Nestlé of unethical methods of promoting infant formula over breast milk to poor mothers in developing countries. For example, IBFAN claim that Nestlé distributes free formula samples to hospitals and maternity wards; after leaving the hospital, the formula is no longer free, but because the supplementation has interfered with lactation, the family must continue to buy the formula. IBFAN also allege that Nestlé uses "humanitarian aid" to create markets, does not label its products in a language appropriate to the countries where they are sold, and offers gifts and sponsorship to influence health workers to promote its products. Nestlé denies these allegations.

My short descriptions do not do these stories justice. Highly encourage checking out those Wiki links to get a better picture of the events, I assure you each story is WILD.

Why are his podcasts spread so far out in time?

Dan Carlin said that he wanted to use Hardcore History to focus on events that had the biggest impact on history as it relates to modern day society.

Last edited:
Why are his podcasts spread so far out in time?

From my understanding it takes him a while to gather all the info. The podcasts are long. It's basically a book on tape..

I think he started charging for it now too.

Last edited:
False Flags throughout history.

Reading about Operation Himmler.

Last edited:
I just visited Boston for the first time. Did my homework and read up on the revolution and American history before visiting (Kiwi here). Did the whole freedom trail and it really makes it much more interesting when you know at least some of the history.

Also went to the 9/11 museum in NY. Spent over 2 hours in there. Could've stayed longer but ran out of time. Anyone got recommendations for American history documentaries? 

The pyramids were built by forces.

Every human comes from Africa

Blacks are the real Jews

Hurricanes follow the slave ship paths for a reason

Africans were already with Natives in America before Europeans found the country for their own selves.

Slavery only got abolished because the South was making money and the North didn't like that.

Crack cocaine was introduced to the African Americans by European Americans most notably Oliver North and Ronald Reagan to bring our communities down. Addiction, Prison, or Death.

Slavery is still going on to this day if you have been incarcerated. Read the 13th amendment.

Barack Obamas real name is Barry Soetoro.

Harriet Tubman will be the first African person on European American currency. The same bill will also have Slave Owner Andrew Jackson on it as well.

Aliens have been known to try and prevent Nuclear weapons but the Govt will never let that info out.

Greenwood is a neighborhood in Tulsa, Oklahoma. As one of the most successful and wealthiest black communities in the United States during the early 20th Century, it was popularly known as America's "Black Wall Street" until the Tulsa race riot of 1921, in which white residents massacred hundreds of black residents and razed the neighborhood within hours. The riot was one of the most devastating massacres in the history of U.S. race relations, destroying the once thriving Greenwood community.

Plenty of upcoming black business have been destroyed that is just one of them.

Peace. I'll add more later.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom