Tim Donaghy back with a vengeance 2ND VID UPDATED

Someone needs to show these videos to $TERN
laugh.gif

that's beyond ridiculous to claim that the foul on lebron should've been a flagrant 1. the only reason it looked so bad is because the play was above the rim, and it involves lebron having probably at least 50 pounds on jason terry. it's different on the other end because "the rules change" when you're backing down to the basket. sure it was a clearout, but i didn't think it was worthy of a foul call to be honest. you would be rewarding barea because he isn't strong enough to play lebron on the block whereas that "clearout" would've been far less effective and noticeable on someone with average size and strength.

that's beyond ridiculous to claim that the foul on lebron should've been a flagrant 1. the only reason it looked so bad is because the play was above the rim, and it involves lebron having probably at least 50 pounds on jason terry. it's different on the other end because "the rules change" when you're backing down to the basket. sure it was a clearout, but i didn't think it was worthy of a foul call to be honest. you would be rewarding barea because he isn't strong enough to play lebron on the block whereas that "clearout" would've been far less effective and noticeable on someone with average size and strength.

Originally Posted by Dragon

Originally Posted by OnionSlice

Originally Posted by knightngale

Why are people here catching feelings? He is just stating the truth. 
It's not the fact that he's telling the truth, which he is, it's the fact that's it coming from him. Criticizing somebody for doing something when you're the most notorious offender to an even worse degree is laughable. It's like Barry Bonds criticizing a baseball player for using PED's.
I agree, sounds like he mad because he aint getting piece of the pie anymore. 
this is hilarious to me!! i remember when EVERYONE AND THEIR ******* MOTHER was dismissing Jose Canseco and look at him now!! everyone feels really stupid about that now!

Originally Posted by Dragon

Originally Posted by OnionSlice

Originally Posted by knightngale

Why are people here catching feelings? He is just stating the truth. 
It's not the fact that he's telling the truth, which he is, it's the fact that's it coming from him. Criticizing somebody for doing something when you're the most notorious offender to an even worse degree is laughable. It's like Barry Bonds criticizing a baseball player for using PED's.
I agree, sounds like he mad because he aint getting piece of the pie anymore. 
this is hilarious to me!! i remember when EVERYONE AND THEIR ******* MOTHER was dismissing Jose Canseco and look at him now!! everyone feels really stupid about that now!

Originally Posted by do work son

Average is a tricky term. I call it the Shaquille Oneal Conundrum. You have to call ONE of them against Lebron though. Just to be fair (I'd call the offensive. If you're that much stronger, don't off-arm smaller guys. Duh
grin.gif
) But if you don't call both, I understand. It's not his fault he's much larger than the people he plays against....but... there is a limit to how rough you can play the game.

Average is a tricky term. I call it the Shaquille Oneal Conundrum. You have to call ONE of them against Lebron though. Just to be fair (I'd call the offensive. If you're that much stronger, don't off-arm smaller guys. Duh
grin.gif
) But if you don't call both, I understand. It's not his fault he's much larger than the people he plays against....but... there is a limit to how rough you can play the game.

Originally Posted by HOOSIERdaddy282

grin.gif
i agree, but it's difficult to gauge how "rough" he is playing because he is so much bigger and stronger than most. a lebron free arm might drop barea or send him flying, but the same free arm wouldn't affect marion nearly the same. all i know is, refereeing aint easy
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by HOOSIERdaddy282

grin.gif
i agree, but it's difficult to gauge how "rough" he is playing because he is so much bigger and stronger than most. a lebron free arm might drop barea or send him flying, but the same free arm wouldn't affect marion nearly the same. all i know is, refereeing aint easy
30t6p3b.gif

The most egregious call/non-call sequence in Game 2 were the refs not doing anything when Lebron, Wade and Spo berated the officials after that one play in the first half, then shortly after T'd up Rick Carlisle for just calmly talking to an official after a Terry foul.

The most egregious call/non-call sequence in Game 2 were the refs not doing anything when Lebron, Wade and Spo berated the officials after that one play in the first half, then shortly after T'd up Rick Carlisle for just calmly talking to an official after a Terry foul.

laugh.gif
@ accusing JVG getting money on the side from these games.

Dude talking like if he was the ref in that game he'd call any of those calls. He'd probably already have it set up to rig it against the Mavs to get paid extra.

laugh.gif
@ accusing JVG getting money on the side from these games.

Dude talking like if he was the ref in that game he'd call any of those calls. He'd probably already have it set up to rig it against the Mavs to get paid extra.

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

Dude talking like if he was the ref in that game he'd call any of those calls.
That's beside the point. He's talking about what NBA refs do. I mean, do you think Michael Vick would be doing ads for the Humane Society if he never got caught? You get caught, and then you say "well, this is how they operate."

Back
Top Bottom