Tim Donaghy back with a vengeance 2ND VID UPDATED

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

Dude talking like if he was the ref in that game he'd call any of those calls.
That's beside the point. He's talking about what NBA refs do. I mean, do you think Michael Vick would be doing ads for the Humane Society if he never got caught? You get caught, and then you say "well, this is how they operate."

Originally Posted by MrONegative

What type of Eliot Spitzer, 'can I come back now, you guys?' %%@# is this.
grin.gif

Keep em coming, though...what's the worst that could happen.
nerd.gif
Watch the film "Inside Job" and you'll understand why Spitzer's dirty laundry was aired out. He was a staunch supporter of de-regulation and was in a legitimate position to do something about it...and the Goldman Sachs of the world weren't about to let billions of dollars of profit slip away.

It's ironic that you bring him up, because he and Donaghy's situations are very similar. At this point though, Donaghy isn't saying anything that hasn't been said on tons of message boards already, and he doesn't have any more credibility at this point than anyone else making this claim. The poor officiating in the NBA has been commented on since Jordan was still in the league, regardless of whether you buy into a conspiracy scenario or not. It's much worse now, and it's clear that this is an offensive and superstar driven league. I totally agree with the pump-fake comment, that **+$ is beyond out of control, as well as other ticky-tack fouls and just a general sympathy towards the offensive side of the ball. More fouls=more points=longer games=more ad revenue. The league doesn't want to see 80-75 final scores, even though ironically enough, the Bulls/Heat series shattered TV records.

The game definitely needs reformed, but Donaghy is reaching with this if he's trying to imply a full-blown conspiracy. Yes, they're blown calls, but they happen so frequently nowadays that they blur together. I've yet to see anything egregious enough to warrant this kind of suspicion in these playoffs. But that's just my opinion...

Originally Posted by MrONegative

What type of Eliot Spitzer, 'can I come back now, you guys?' %%@# is this.
grin.gif

Keep em coming, though...what's the worst that could happen.
nerd.gif
Watch the film "Inside Job" and you'll understand why Spitzer's dirty laundry was aired out. He was a staunch supporter of de-regulation and was in a legitimate position to do something about it...and the Goldman Sachs of the world weren't about to let billions of dollars of profit slip away.

It's ironic that you bring him up, because he and Donaghy's situations are very similar. At this point though, Donaghy isn't saying anything that hasn't been said on tons of message boards already, and he doesn't have any more credibility at this point than anyone else making this claim. The poor officiating in the NBA has been commented on since Jordan was still in the league, regardless of whether you buy into a conspiracy scenario or not. It's much worse now, and it's clear that this is an offensive and superstar driven league. I totally agree with the pump-fake comment, that **+$ is beyond out of control, as well as other ticky-tack fouls and just a general sympathy towards the offensive side of the ball. More fouls=more points=longer games=more ad revenue. The league doesn't want to see 80-75 final scores, even though ironically enough, the Bulls/Heat series shattered TV records.

The game definitely needs reformed, but Donaghy is reaching with this if he's trying to imply a full-blown conspiracy. Yes, they're blown calls, but they happen so frequently nowadays that they blur together. I've yet to see anything egregious enough to warrant this kind of suspicion in these playoffs. But that's just my opinion...

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

That's beside the point. He's talking about what NBA refs do. I mean, do you think Michael Vick would be doing ads for the Humane Society if he never got caught? You get caught, and then you say "well, this is how they operate."
So he's trying to justify what he did after the fact but cuz that's how it's done? He got caught, he should do the time, lose his job and then shut up. He's not exposing anything in these 2min vids where he's trying to point out some mass conspiracy web.

So he's trying to justify what he did after the fact but cuz that's how it's done? He got caught, he should do the time, lose his job and then shut up. He's not exposing anything in these 2min vids where he's trying to point out some mass conspiracy web.

Exactly, and I guarantee that Van Gundy IS doing that. I remember watching Game 7 of Memphis vs OKC and as soon as I saw Van Gundy, Mark Jackson and Mike Breen were commentating I knew Memphis had no chance. For some reason I've just felt real fishy about games that they commentate. It's like they're the "chosen" commentating group of $tern's cash cow.

Exactly, and I guarantee that Van Gundy IS doing that. I remember watching Game 7 of Memphis vs OKC and as soon as I saw Van Gundy, Mark Jackson and Mike Breen were commentating I knew Memphis had no chance. For some reason I've just felt real fishy about games that they commentate. It's like they're the "chosen" commentating group of $tern's cash cow.

Back
Top Bottom