TITANIC 3D - Vol. Re-Release

In the words of Steve Harvey, "bring on the water! Lets drown these &^%$!#@^!"

Originally Posted by shogun

Never liked this movie, thought it sucked.
I remember in middle school this kid bragged about seeing it in theaters 7 times.  
indifferent.gif
  Made him sound fruity.

U jelly? I saw it 4 times.

I definitely wanna see it! I dunno about 3D though. I rather just see the regular movie in theaters again.

My husband definitely won't go see it with me though. Blah!

Originally Posted by G Que

still dope 15 yrs later.. and yes the drawing was the best part
not even exaggerating. my uncle bought the vhs and would rewind to that part over and over.  I would always see him taking that tape out of the VHS player and rewinding it with his fingers because it would fall out of place.

just got back from seeing it.

damn. movie was powerful. being married totally changed how i see the movie as well as being an adult. the tragedy of the whole story of the Titanic kinda hit me. seeing parents comforting their children knowing they will die, husbands cradling their wives as they are about to die together, and imagining the desperation and final moments of so many people, really moving stuff. a fantastic movie. music is on point too. one of the best soundtracks ever IMO. real talk, probably one of my favorite movies now. it strikes a chord with me.

props to James Cameron. guy knows how to make movies.
btw,

the 3D was fantastic. the movie looked like it had been shot in 3D. amazing conversion done there.

lol i was actually the one that asked the lady to watch this movie together and we can later re-enact the car scene. She thought i was lying when i said titanic was coming out again.

I can honestly say I have never watched this movie. It's one of the few things in my life I'm truly proud of.

Originally Posted by bighead2205

I can honestly say I have never watched this movie. It's one of the few things in my life I'm truly proud of.

Your proud because you didn't see one the best movies of our generation. Wait let me guess... It makes you "different" right? 
roll.gif
hipsters

It's a great film -if you're debating not watching it because you think it will affect your machismo rating, then you're seriously depriving yourself.

Will definitely be checking it out in 3D too.

My fiancee really wanted to see it, I did everything to try and get out of it the past few weeks.
laugh.gif
 Saw it yesterday (originally only saw it once, on VHS in 1998) and was in fact thoroughly impressed. I was reminded of two things:
1) James Cameron is a master filmmaker. He knows exactly what he wants to do and he doesn't skimp on the details. That second half, with the ship sinking in realtime, gives the audience a real sense of panic and chaos.
2) Cameron is only an above average/average storyteller. I'll admit the Jack-Rose relationship started off a bit cliche, but eventually grew on me. But a lot of the dialogue remains clunky and Billy Zane is still that cartoonish villain.

In regards to the 3D: meh. 3D usually doesn't do much for me to being with. With Titanic, 80% of the film is closeups of people taking anyways, so this just felt like yet another one of Hollywood's reach for extra cash.

Overall experience - 9.5/10  [despite that POS Celine Dion song]

Saw it once back in the day and a lot of the scenes have sort of faded from memory. But I DO remember it being an overall great movie. With that said, count me out of this 3D re-release.

Lately, I've been re-watching a lot of older movies that I rememember being good when I was younger to se if they are really as good as I recall and to sort of fill in the blanks on certain scenes that I forgot.

Re-watched Boiler Room and American History X in the past week or so (both really good btw), and I think Titanic will be next. Not this 3D version though.

Originally Posted by georgehimself

I'm not gonna watch it for the 3D, I'm gonna watch it just to watch it in a theater again.
Pretty much what I did, only I never saw it in theaters so this was the first big screen Titanic experience for me.

Quite often I'm a total sucker, and Hollywood just has me by the wallet. With other future 3D re-releases
Finding Nemo: for sure, in my top 5
Jurassic Park: probably

IMO the reason to see this movie is for the story. 3D aside, it's a great production. see it for the sake of experiencing great filmmaking, 3D is just added value.

Back
Top Bottom