TMac was soooooo filthy in Orlando

Originally Posted by DMan14

Originally Posted by Lizaker4Lizife

if only G Hill was healthy back then..........

Mac was sick though
qft

took the whole franchise on his back, now he paying for it physically

i remember them trying to snag duncan too
From what I remember, that actually was pretty close to happening. I believe Duncan met with the Magic a couple times and really was thinkingabout it. Duncan, T-Mac and a health Hill would have been a pretty formidable line up.

All this talk about the Knicks potentially signing two free agent superstars in 2010 reminds me of that Orlando situation.

you can tell from the vids posted how f'd up he is now...

dude used to be such a fluid mover (almost as fluid as NT's own 6'5, 250, flag football cornerback!!) and this season he running the floor like he gota wooden leg
smh.gif

confidence and body is shot.....but hopefully he can have a resurgence.

remember a couple days after the 60 points?

i think they played the lakers

dude heaved a gnarly looking hook shot (?) from beyond the 3 point line when time expired
laugh.gif

yeah it didnt count, but that +!$# was
eek.gif

Originally Posted by imrichboy

i think he just needs to loose some weight. I compared pictures of him in Orlando and in Houston. He was so much leaner in Orlando.I remember baron Davis had the same issue with his back, till he loss some weight.

I agree.

I remember he bulked up a few seasons back and I was like "damn, T-Mac is not playing". He added like 15 pounds of muscle over 1 summer.

But I think he put on too much weight... got hurt... and now that his metabolism has changed, all the muscle he put on has turned into extra weight.

His injuries really are tragic. More than Penny, more than Hill, Mac could've been one of the all-time greats.
pimp.gif
I'll always have respect.

It really all went down-hill after the "second round" comment. They went 1-19 to start the next season (19 L's in a row) and the rest is history.

the thing thats funny to me is each of those 4 years his scoring went up, but his defensive effort went down. his drop in rebounds, blocks and steals sortaexplains why hes never made it out of the first round. he had a killer instinct on offense but giving a little more effort on the other end of the court wouldhave reap much sweeter rewards.

when your franchise player is playing defense, everyone is playing defense.

Originally Posted by SHUGES

i think he just needs to loose some weight. I compared pictures of him in Orlando and in Houston. He was so much leaner in Orlando.I remember baron Davis had the same issue with his back, till he loss some weight.

I agree.

I remember he bulked up a few seasons back and I was like "damn, T-Mac is not playing". He added like 15 pounds of muscle over 1 summer.

But I think he put on too much weight... got hurt... and now that his metabolism has changed, all the muscle he put on has turned into extra weight.
i know i just posted lol....but add mike bibby to the list of dudes that bulked up too much.

T-mac used to be my favorite player. Im mad he fell off, but I agree if he lost some weight he could be close to what he once was.

Mac was a beast.
I still respect him for what he was.
smokin.gif

& same goes for cousin Vince.
He was the greatest in prime time Raptors days.

Back when I could actually argue that he was better than Kobe. I still have hope that he can get into better shape this summer and come back next year to playwell. Like it's been stated before, when he's on, it's scary. If it wasn't for injuries and such, he'd settle for a lot less jump shots anddrive it in more. Back when he dunked on Tyrus Thomas, it gave me some hope but I guess we'll see.

I even had his black pinstripe Magic jersey along with some of the T-mac shoes
pimp.gif
Favorite player back in the day and still one of my favorites.

Originally Posted by SHUGES

I agree.

Word.

I couldn't stop laughing at that commericial he was in wearing a Louisville jersey, looking as out of shape as he was
laugh.gif
ohwell.gif

That one Youtube commercial for a summer camp was so hilarious. He was high for the whole thing I swear...

Originally Posted by The Fresh King

Mac was a beast.
I still respect him for what he was.
smokin.gif

& same goes for cousin Vince.
He was the greatest in prime time Raptors days.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Physicx

remember a couple days after the 60 points?

i think they played the lakers

dude heaved a gnarly looking hook shot (?) from beyond the 3 point line when time expired
laugh.gif

yeah it didnt count, but that +!$# was
eek.gif
you thought wrong...they played the wizards...you got him confused with gilbert who dropped 60 on us

He was a lot of peoples fav player at the time
had #*#@#% trying to rock the leg sleeve too

it seemed he never tried on defense when he was playing with the magic, just coasting from play to play. mac was that dude on offense, i remember the 44 pointshe dropped on the pistons in the 02-03 playoffs. i really thought boy was gonna advance to the 2nd round, up 3-1, then they just $+!##% up and the pistons cameback..

i dont think tmac has ever been the same since that 04-05 season when they lost to dallas by 40 points, thats the closest mac has been to the 2nd round, thatand the 06-07 season against utah. he fell off big time.

Back
Top Bottom