Today Aaliyah died 8 years ago 1/16/79 - 8/25/01 RIP

Damn, I remember being online and one of my friends IMing me that she died. It was pretty late I think, around 1 or 2 am. I didn't believe him, until Iwoke up the next morning and saw it all over the news.
frown.gif

i cant believe it is 8 years already. i remember standing in my house and learning every move to rock the boat and waiting for it be played on 106 & parkjust so i could dance along. she seemed like a beautiful person inside and out. not fake like some of these celebs everything seemed so real. she is def.missed and i dont think there will ever be anyone who compares.

RIP

man i remember i was watching late night videos on MTV that night, and at the bottom it sad breaking news that Aaliyah was in a tragic plane accident

after turning the TV off i didn't know what to think until i woke up the following morning and flipped it to the news channels...it was hard to believe

frown.gif
tired.gif

RIP girl.....

I remember that night, just sittin there stunned by it all. I was heartbroken.

I have all her CD's, any movies she was in, all of it. She was supposed to be in the Matrix sequels, and the girl they got to take her spot looked alotlike her.
tired.gif

She was so excited to do those movies, she said they were the Star Wars of this generation.

Shortly after all this, my wife and I learned that we would be having a little girl. I wanted to name her Aaliyah, but wife wouldn't allow it.
grin.gif

There will never be another one like her.......

I think I was only in 3rd grade when it happened. I was definitely a fan though, I couldn't believe it when my brother told me.

R.I.P.

Originally Posted by KTaylor

she was so pretty.. back then i woulda done anything to marry her lol
RIP

I can't believe that it's been 8 years already! I miss my baby.

and oh yeah, my first post under my o.g sn (tahmurdarah) was in an aaliyah post early that september...then 2 days later, 9/11 happened
smh.gif

..Yeah I remembered this morning driving to work... RIP Aaliyah.

Her song, "One In A Million" is where I got my girlfriend which then became my wife.

damn cant believe its been that long so sad.... listening to "come over" right now beat's amazing voice is perfect..... RIP

Originally Posted by CharmCityKid

she was boule. if u are familiar with the boule, then u understand why she was KILLED.

what in the funyuns are you talking about?

Back
Top Bottom