#todayskidswillneverknow

Funcoland=GameStop

Name changed but the finesse didn't

Naw, b. We had a Funcoland and an EB Games (GameStop) in the mall.

Funcoland had less newer games, but in retrospect had way more gems.

They legit hand SNES games and Saturn and the consoles you wasn't thinking to get cause they were old.

Cot damn this thread takes me back. I want to quote the entire thread. All in my feels.

Copping the game walkthroughs, GameStop had stacks of game books right in front of the register. If ya moms wasn't trying to pay another $29 for a the damn book, you just went on gamefaqs and printed it out as you went along

I miss the days when you could legit hop in the bus and exchange game tips with your friends to help them beat a level. Before online gaming. Back then co op mode meant if your mans beat the game, he just told you what to do so everyone could flourish.

Having a stack of memory cards, writing which games were saved in which card.

Take me back...

Last edited:
Dawg......

Funcoland
Cd game exchange - I got my sig back in the day from a NTer that worked at one in Ohio..I forget his SN last I remember he got married n his wife's family was extremely wealthy
Gamefaqs
Cheat code central
Gamespot
Websites with fake cheat codes smh...I was too pressed to see if there was tlc matches on wrestlemania 2000--I didn't even have a n64 back then

I remember back in the 90's me and some patnas would be walkin home from school, put our money together to get a bag of dorritos from the corner store- open it and put chili amd cheese in it before the dude would yell at us.

We might have known a dude or / that had a sega but everyone wanted to post up at the park or roll deep on bikes and see what the girls were soin or just act a fool.

This. Video games we're pretty much only played before school or at night.
Mario kart tourneys during sleep overs :pimp:

Remember the gaming magazines that came with demos every month?

View media item 1630576
They'll never know about ride up and down the block on your bike with the panasonic. With that ONE theme song. Hearing the rewind right after said song. If the handle was missing somebody got crack across their shxt with it lol.. Good ol days. Now we got young thug and skinny jeans [emoji]128533[/emoji] #ificouldturnbackthehandsoftime

On that note... having to take the VHS out, rewind and guess when to stop just to watch a replay. :smh:

54920_set

Last edited:
I remember in my city during the early/mid 00's at any event with a large crowd Nextel service was straight jammed since everybody had it :lol: ...the service was bs already so no calls /or chirp going out at a concert or function like AFRAM :smh:

Up, Up, Down, Down ,Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start.

The Box music video channel

Picking up the house phone as quick as humanly possible late at night, so it wouldnt wake your parents.

Watching Bulls games to see what shoes Jordan was wearing.

Having a pen and paper ready to write down a gilr's number.

Back
Top Bottom