Tomlinson will not be back with San Diego

Originally Posted by SupraTurbo619

What LT haters keep focusing on is that playoff game with the Patriots.

cause it showed who he was....b/t that logo incident and the incident when he was sitting on the bench 
roll.gif

How does the fact that he got hurt during his game with the Patriots show who he really is? I dont get it.

Originally Posted by dland24

How does the fact that he got hurt during his game with the Patriots show who he really is? I dont get it.

To add on, he was actually injured during the game versus the Colts prior to that Patriots game..

Originally Posted by airblaster503

Originally Posted by airblaster503

All you dudes saying LT was the best most have seen in their lifetime, give me a break.  He had that one season where he set the record for rushing td's, beyond that I am not sure what was so special about him.  I guess I am different though, because in my lifetime I have witnessed Barry, Marshall and Emmit, LT doesn't compare to any of them imo.  This dude has fallen off hard, he needs to realize his time is up, go to some more Vizio commercials to make some money and leave the feild for good.  The defining moment was a few years ago in the playoffs when he could have stepped up and played and done something, but he sat on the bench like a little girl and hid behind that mask.  I don't think his teammates want this dude back even, he is a bum and has been for the last 2 years.

His "defining moment" was when he was hoisted above his teammates after he scored the record breaking touchdown.

What LT haters keep focusing on is that playoff game with the Patriots.

It is pretty typical of NT though as any star gets labeled however the posters on here want to, regardless of merit.

When all is said and done, LT put up what may be the best overall season ever by a RB in 2006.  With that in mind, and him 8th all time in rushing yards, 2nd in rushing TDs and 3rd in total TDs how could anyone say he is a bum?

That %@$% wasn't a defining moment my dude, that was just a record that was broken.  How are you going to say that was more important than his team winning in the playoffs and going for a title????  He was good, but he folded when it counted, and in a league where it matters not what you did back then but what have you done for me lately, he hasn't done anything the past 2 years = bum.

The NFL is a TEAM game.  The Chargers TEAM failed in the playoffs (and they continue to do so).  The reasons are numerous and this is not the place/thread to discuss that.

The 2007 NE Patriots were going to beat the Chargers regardless of who was on the field.

If you want to use the playoffs as an example, please at least do it with evidence. 

Let's dissect your "folding" defining moments in the playoffs.

In 2006 against the Patriots he contributed enough to win the divisional game, Marlon McCree and Nate Kaeding and others did enough to lose the game. 

In 2007, he was hobbled with a knee injury and a season long battle with broken ribs so iin the first two rounds Norv used him as a decoy with  a lot of screens to Sproles to make up for it.  This worked against Vince Young and the Titans and Billy Volek and Sproles had the games of their lives in Indy, where LT and Rivers got injured. However by the time they got into New England the Chargers were way too injured as a whole to compete.  The 16-0 New England  Patriots weren't going to lose at home.

In 2008, the Chargers had started to change their offense to accommodate the rise of the passing offense.  The Chargers dropped Lorenzo Neal and played a lot of open backfield and tosses to the sidelines.  This doesn't help LT, who needed to get back on track from a huge injury.  They met the Steelers and Steel Curtian was able to stop the Chargers' passing AND rushing offense, and the Steelers went on to do the same to the Cardinals.

Damn there are a lot of idiots in here
laugh.gif

LT's career in SD was much appreciated, one of the greatest RB's to ever step on the field
pimp.gif

I predict he'll end up on the Patriots or Colts and finally get the ring

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

smh.gif
at anyone using any adjective other than great to describe Tomlinson. For most of you young NTers, he is the best running back you have seen in your lifetime.
this....some these kids dont know that LT was THE running back of the 2000s

now im a big fan of LT i really wish him the best

Just wait until AP falls off a bit. People are gonna throw him under the bus with the quickness. NT has a short memory

Patchwork offensive line + uninspired run play calling + transition to Air Turner/Rivers - Lorenzo Neal = LT's demise in San Diego.

What he did when he had NOBODY on his team but a bunch of scrubs in the early 2000's in much appreciated, he carried the San Diego Chargers on his back for 3-4 years by himself.

The passing game was inefficient here in SD while Brees initially struggled (in fact Brees was BENCHED)  The only constant was LT.

I do not think I will continue my season ticket patronage.

San Diego sports is a !*&(@(*& joke. 

If you got field/plaza/loge seats hit me up.  Renew and i'll take em off your hands if you dont want em.

one of the best RB's ever to play. its a shame he was on so many good teams led by incompetent coaches. hope he can latch on and win a ring somewhere else

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

Patchwork offensive line + uninspired run play calling + transition to Air Turner/Rivers - Lorenzo Neal = LT's demise in San Diego.

What he did when he had NOBODY on his team but a bunch of scrubs in the early 2000's in much appreciated, he carried the San Diego Chargers on his back for 3-4 years by himself.

The passing game was inefficient here in SD while Brees initially struggled (in fact Brees was BENCHED)  The only constant was LT.

If you got field/plaza/loge seats hit me up.  Renew and i'll take em off your hands if you dont want em.

I'm waiting to see if AJ kicks some tail in the offseason.

I want to see Cromartie gone.

Plaza 22 Row 3 BTW

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

i have to agree with this one

Padres = glorified minor league team.
Chargers = undercoached, overhyped, underperforming, with bandwagon fans

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

i have to agree with this one

Padres = glorified minor league team.
Chargers = undercoached, overhyped, underperforming, with bandwagon fans

i have no idea what ur talking about
laugh.gif
 or maybe i should be
smh.gif
 to myself

see sig

LOL.

SD does hold a chip right now.  Little League though haha.

I'm waiting to see what scrubs we will get for Adrian.

I'm waiting to see if AJ kicks some tail in the offseason.

I want to see Cromartie gone.

Plaza 22 Row 3 BTW
damn... definitely let me know.  those are some bangin seats there.

Drop Knee 101 - I feel your pain man.  I am also a Chargers/Padres/Clips fan.  I took my girl out to dinner last night to celebrate Dumbleavy steppin down.  Then we got news of LT probably suiting up for another team next year.  If the Padres lose less than 100 games next season it will definitely be a moral victory.

Typical NT = "What have you done for me lately?"
smh.gif

So hater nation answer me this: How many football PLAYERS scored more points than this man did?
eek.gif
wow, that many?

Anybody that talks junk about him should also know he doesn't care what you say, he leads a better life than you.

This.

Couldn't have said it any better.

i've actually had the privilege of meeting LT a few times at the place we both work out at, and he's such a cool dude that i feel bad for him. there should be a few exceptions to aj smith's " its all business" attitude and LT for sure should be one of those exceptions. he did so much for a team that was nothing but a laughingstock and made us relevant in the NFL again, and for our front office to just say "eff you, good luck" basically, its pretty sad. i hope he goes to a place with even a half decent o-line and i guarantee you'll see the the LT of 3-4 years ago. nobody can rush when theres 4 dudes waiting for you at the line of scrimmage.

Originally Posted by DubA169

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

smh.gif
at anyone using any adjective other than great to describe Tomlinson. For most of you young NTers, he is the best running back you have seen in your lifetime.
this....some these kids dont know that LT was THE running back of the 2000s

now im a big fan of LT i really wish him the best
Just wait until AP falls off a bit. People are gonna throw him under the bus with the quickness. NT has a short memory

Theres a huge difference with AP than Tomlinson.  Tomlinson dominated the NFL for a long stretch of time, and was the best running back in the league through that time.  Adrian Peterson has never been the best running back in the NFL, at least statistically.  

Oh, man!!
Just because LT didn't rush 1,000 yards doesn't mean SD must release him?
He is still one of the most consistent running backs in the league, if  healthy..
Before Adrian Peterson and Chris Johnson, there was LaDanian Tomlinson!!
I mean he was "THE" running back of the NFL.
8 consecutive years of 1,000 rush yds. NFL record 28 rush TD over 100 rush TD in his career, oh and he's only 30 yrs. old
Walter Payton never won a Super Bowl till 31, Michael Jordan won his 1st title at 28, Peyton Manning won his 1st Super Bowl at 31.....
Just because he sturggled last 2 years this doesn't mean it is the end for LT in SD?

Originally Posted by alexanderfasto

Oh, man!!
Just because LT didn't rush 1,000 yards doesn't mean SD must release him?
He is still one of the most consistent running backs in the league, if  healthy..
Before Adrian Peterson and Chris Johnson, there was LaDanian Tomlinson!!
I mean he was "THE" running back of the NFL.
8 consecutive years of 1,000 rush yds. NFL record 28 rush TD over 100 rush TD in his career, oh and he's only 30 yrs. old
Walter Payton never won a Super Bowl till 31, Michael Jordan won his 1st title at 28, Peyton Manning won his 1st Super Bowl at 31.....
Just because he sturggled last 2 years this doesn't mean it is the end for LT in SD?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 Calm down.  Intelligent football fans realize how great he is.  But he IS done in San Diego.  Bottom line.

Back
Top Bottom