"Too Asian?" LOL @ Canada

Limit Asian enrollment because of an over population within top universities? Yeah...

It says a lot about Asians that they only make up ~5% of the US population but constitute more than 20% in a lot of the top universities.
pimp.gif

They mad.

Limit Asian enrollment because of an over population within top universities? Yeah...

It says a lot about Asians that they only make up ~5% of the US population but constitute more than 20% in a lot of the top universities.
pimp.gif

They mad.

Originally Posted by Galvelocity

I dunno I go to UBC (University of British Columbia Vancouver) and I have classes where I'm one of two non-asians. Also sometimes on the bus I'm the only white person. I don't really see what difference it makes. It's race, who gives an eff nowadays. Whoever works the hardest should get the opportunities. I don't give an eff if they're black, white, asian, brown, whatever. And it can't be a language barrier/customs thing either because about 60% of the asian people I know have had ancestors settled in Canada longer than I have. 4th, 5th generation even.

I agree, even though you are living in hongcouver

I dunno I go to UBC (University of British Columbia Vancouver) and I have classes where I'm one of two non-asians. Also sometimes on the bus I'm the only white person. I don't really see what difference it makes. It's race, who gives an eff nowadays. Whoever works the hardest should get the opportunities. I don't give an eff if they're black, white, asian, brown, whatever. And it can't be a language barrier/customs thing either because about 60% of the asian people I know have had ancestors settled in Canada longer than I have. 4th, 5th generation even.

Originally Posted by Frank 7he T4nk

pimp.gif

They mad.
pimp.gif

class room of smart asian chicks
pimp.gif

pimp.gif

They mad.
pimp.gif

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by SamDUH562

pimp.gif

They mad.
pimp.gif

pimp.gif
For me the problem lies in the fact that many of the Asian students get their education in North America, then go back to China, Japan, Taiwan, etc. to work. Therefore take advantage of the educational system here and then not bring anything to the economy and country where they got their education from. They take their new knowledge to help the advancement of their mother country.
So you have students that live and want to work in North America not being able to get the education they want. While the Asian students get the education and take their knowledge back from work back in Asia. Thats the problem 

pimp.gif

They mad.
pimp.gif

pimp.gif
For me the problem lies in the fact that many of the Asian students get their education in North America, then go back to China, Japan, Taiwan, etc. to work. Therefore take advantage of the educational system here and then not bring anything to the economy and country where they got their education from. They take their new knowledge to help the advancement of their mother country.
So you have students that live and want to work in North America not being able to get the education they want. While the Asian students get the education and take their knowledge back from work back in Asia. Thats the problem 

Originally Posted by kash55

pimp.gif

They mad.
pimp.gif

pimp.gif
Yeah I definitely understand where you're coming from, but to be fair, international students are paying much more than residents. If they are willing to pay the premium, why not let them?  I also think you're over estimating the percentage of international students in most colleges. 

Colleges are pretty much a business nowadays so they always got money on their minds.

Originally Posted by kash55

pimp.gif

They mad.
pimp.gif

pimp.gif
Yeah I definitely understand where you're coming from, but to be fair, international students are paying much more than residents. If they are willing to pay the premium, why not let them?  I also think you're over estimating the percentage of international students in most colleges. 

Colleges are pretty much a business nowadays so they always got money on their minds.

I rarely hear complaints of my school being too Asian in terms of race, but I'm from Vancouver and we have a huge Asian population. I do hear many complaints (from all races) about my school having too large of an international student population, which is mostly Asian. When people at my school are talking about there being too many Asians, they are almost always referring to international students. I wouldn't say there are too many international students, some courses are just poorly structured and allow international students to leech off or hurt the grades of others.

There are some very good international students, but many can barely pass writing intensive courses. This is a big problem with group work because some students are forced to write entire group papers on their own if they want a decent grade. The language barrier can also hinder communication, and no matter what profs/TAs say, it can also hurt presentations. Still, there are a lot of positive aspects to having a large international student population. We live in an increasingly globalized world, so I think it's helpful to work with people from a diverse background. Plus, international students make me look better in a lot of individual work, which really helps in curved courses.

I rarely hear complaints of my school being too Asian in terms of race, but I'm from Vancouver and we have a huge Asian population. I do hear many complaints (from all races) about my school having too large of an international student population, which is mostly Asian. When people at my school are talking about there being too many Asians, they are almost always referring to international students. I wouldn't say there are too many international students, some courses are just poorly structured and allow international students to leech off or hurt the grades of others.

There are some very good international students, but many can barely pass writing intensive courses. This is a big problem with group work because some students are forced to write entire group papers on their own if they want a decent grade. The language barrier can also hinder communication, and no matter what profs/TAs say, it can also hurt presentations. Still, there are a lot of positive aspects to having a large international student population. We live in an increasingly globalized world, so I think it's helpful to work with people from a diverse background. Plus, international students make me look better in a lot of individual work, which really helps in curved courses.

It's not stereotyping when people say that most Asian kids spend the majority of their free time studying or being anti-social. It's obvious that those who would turn down a better education at a prestigious university because the reputation that it is "Too ____" aren't in it for the most important asset that the school has to offer - an education. How are you going to say just because a school is deemed too Asian, it's not a school you'd consider going to because you won't have a good time at? i understand the logic but forgoing your collegiate education for a good time? 'Nuff said.

If you're in college or a gradute, you should know that there are ALWAYS parties. If you really think an overwhelming population of Asians at schools are making it "harder for you", then that simply means you're not up to par in terms of academics and therefore, the school shouldn't be accepting yo' @$@@ anyway.

People will always use race an an excuse regardless of the issue. Mad dumb that it's still like this nowadays.

It's not stereotyping when people say that most Asian kids spend the majority of their free time studying or being anti-social. It's obvious that those who would turn down a better education at a prestigious university because the reputation that it is "Too ____" aren't in it for the most important asset that the school has to offer - an education. How are you going to say just because a school is deemed too Asian, it's not a school you'd consider going to because you won't have a good time at? i understand the logic but forgoing your collegiate education for a good time? 'Nuff said.

If you're in college or a gradute, you should know that there are ALWAYS parties. If you really think an overwhelming population of Asians at schools are making it "harder for you", then that simply means you're not up to par in terms of academics and therefore, the school shouldn't be accepting yo' @$@@ anyway.

People will always use race an an excuse regardless of the issue. Mad dumb that it's still like this nowadays.

Originally Posted by brettTHEjett

Hell yes. I wear heels out and get to feel like a T-Rex amongst raptors.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by brettTHEjett

Hell yes. I wear heels out and get to feel like a T-Rex amongst raptors.
laugh.gif

they are  mad Asians are styling on them lols
people have the nerve to  speak of everyone having equal opportunity lmao 
i hope asains voice themselves otherwise they are getting their toes stepped on

they are  mad Asians are styling on them lols
people have the nerve to  speak of everyone having equal opportunity lmao 
i hope asains voice themselves otherwise they are getting their toes stepped on

lol @ universities being too asian, another excuse for every other race to say they cant succeed because their not born with intelligence. Everyone know Asians are the most successful minority group. And it all comes from the way we were raised and how our parents forced it upon us. I'm from nyc and you go to any big firm, its pretty much runned by Asian/Indian/Caucasian. I dont think we need to voice ourself, we styling on them quietly.

lol @ universities being too asian, another excuse for every other race to say they cant succeed because their not born with intelligence. Everyone know Asians are the most successful minority group. And it all comes from the way we were raised and how our parents forced it upon us. I'm from nyc and you go to any big firm, its pretty much runned by Asian/Indian/Caucasian. I dont think we need to voice ourself, we styling on them quietly.

here's my main pet peeve. white people are complaining but not forcing their kids hard enough.
and asians are taking away enrollment spots? this is reality, the cream of the crop succeed, not an everyone-wins situation.

Back
Top Bottom