Torn between two phases of my life

Mate i've just been exactly where you are just now (minus the PEs sadly) and you know what i've found? On the opportunity to wear some of my shoes i would always go to like 1 of about 20 pairs. If i dont wear them i dont need them so i'm letting them go

sell the ones that u dont really like, and wear the rest of it..before time took them away from u.
well at least thats what i did..im 31 and luckily i can wear my Js to work.

sell the ones that u dont really like, and wear the rest of it..before time took them away from u.
well at least thats what i did..im 31 and luckily i can wear my Js to work.

Mate i've just been exactly where you are just now (minus the PEs sadly) and you know what i've found? On the opportunity to wear some of my shoes i would always go to like 1 of about 20 pairs. If i dont wear them i dont need them so i'm letting them go

Thin them out little by little. Chances are that there are pairs you didn't even remember you had.

Thin them out little by little. Chances are that there are pairs you didn't even remember you had.

i feel a bit wasteful with only 30-40 pairs, and when i'm working (on pat leave now) i wear a pair every day. i also throw away all the boxes.

i feel a bit wasteful with only 30-40 pairs, and when i'm working (on pat leave now) i wear a pair every day. i also throw away all the boxes.

Originally Posted by eltouha

would that help with wearing all your pairs? [throwing out boxes]

Originally Posted by eltouha

would that help with wearing all your pairs? [throwing out boxes]

Personally I'm at about 260ish right now and have been pondering the same thing for the past few months.

However, I'm going to be graduating college in the spring so I'm in a little different scenario.

May slowly down size and pay off some student loans, etc.

Do what makes you happy.

Personally I'm at about 260ish right now and have been pondering the same thing for the past few months.

However, I'm going to be graduating college in the spring so I'm in a little different scenario.

May slowly down size and pay off some student loans, etc.

Do what makes you happy.

I was at about 150 pairs at one time... then I recently got married, bought a house, plan on having little ones soon.

I am in the exact situation you are in, however what makes matters worse is that I actually wear my shoes to work everyday (I'm a teacher and the school I work at allows it) so it makes it very hard to quit cold turkey.

In the past two years I have tried to do the "only buy the major releases" approach. Jordan's, Lebron's, Nike retros and the amazing hooping shoe aka Kobe 5 made that real tough cause SO MANY major releases are put out every few weeks.

The hardest part for me is the buy/sell forum cause you stumble upon "deals" and impulse buys.

My new theory is for every shoe I buy, I try to sell one off.

I will let you know how it works out... lol... good luck to OP and all the other mature NTers on here
smile.gif

I was at about 150 pairs at one time... then I recently got married, bought a house, plan on having little ones soon.

I am in the exact situation you are in, however what makes matters worse is that I actually wear my shoes to work everyday (I'm a teacher and the school I work at allows it) so it makes it very hard to quit cold turkey.

In the past two years I have tried to do the "only buy the major releases" approach. Jordan's, Lebron's, Nike retros and the amazing hooping shoe aka Kobe 5 made that real tough cause SO MANY major releases are put out every few weeks.

The hardest part for me is the buy/sell forum cause you stumble upon "deals" and impulse buys.

My new theory is for every shoe I buy, I try to sell one off.

I will let you know how it works out... lol... good luck to OP and all the other mature NTers on here
smile.gif

i'm in my early 30's and have around 34 pairs of Jordans with a total of almost 50 pairs of shoes.
I have sold several pairs in the past, though i regret to have sold my AJ 11 black/reds and AJ 10 white/blacks 

a bit. But i needed more room as i started a family.

I'm glad that i can wear my kicks during work at office.

i'm in my early 30's and have around 34 pairs of Jordans with a total of almost 50 pairs of shoes.
I have sold several pairs in the past, though i regret to have sold my AJ 11 black/reds and AJ 10 white/blacks 

a bit. But i needed more room as i started a family.

I'm glad that i can wear my kicks during work at office.

Wearing sneakers to my office isn't a issue! I choose to wear suits! I guess as I get older im seeing life differently besides working in the office I also Model, My issue is my addiction to just get almost everything, I have sneakers that I forgot I bought and is brand new from 2005 smh.

Wearing sneakers to my office isn't a issue! I choose to wear suits! I guess as I get older im seeing life differently besides working in the office I also Model, My issue is my addiction to just get almost everything, I have sneakers that I forgot I bought and is brand new from 2005 smh.

Originally Posted by Peay21

I have been a Jordan collector since 1997 I currently have 230 pairs, I have Old pairs, New Pairs, Retro Pairs and Player Exclusives. Problem is Im 30 years old and I wear 3 piece suits everyday except Saturday and Sunday and occasionally fridays. I know some might say keep only the ones you like but my issue is they are all a part of me, I take pride in being able to match every single sports apparel with my sneakers. I want to know how do any of you deal with this situation because I'am running out of closet space. Size 13's means big boxes and most of my sneakers have the retro box and some orginal boxes. So what are your thoughts? Personally I want to reach the 300 hundred mark and give one final display to Nike Talk as a goodbye but that won't happen until possibly 2013 o or somewear around there lol.
Man Im in the same boat.  Im almost 30 and I run a dealership so needless to say, I get little time to rock my J's.  But I also buy a lot em them with the intentions of keeping DS, hate all you like but some have a sentimental value be it a shoe MJ wore during a historic game.  My problem is sometimes when I wear some of these kicks I feel out of place or too old to rockin nicer sneakers than the "kids" around me.  I been thinking about putting my kicks in a storage locker but I hate the idea of them not being within reach or available to wear or stare at whenever.  I still take every available opportunity to rock some heat whenever I can.  I guess we just have to keep in mind that we dont have the time or places to wear the stuff you own so why buy a ton more??? 

Originally Posted by Peay21

I have been a Jordan collector since 1997 I currently have 230 pairs, I have Old pairs, New Pairs, Retro Pairs and Player Exclusives. Problem is Im 30 years old and I wear 3 piece suits everyday except Saturday and Sunday and occasionally fridays. I know some might say keep only the ones you like but my issue is they are all a part of me, I take pride in being able to match every single sports apparel with my sneakers. I want to know how do any of you deal with this situation because I'am running out of closet space. Size 13's means big boxes and most of my sneakers have the retro box and some orginal boxes. So what are your thoughts? Personally I want to reach the 300 hundred mark and give one final display to Nike Talk as a goodbye but that won't happen until possibly 2013 o or somewear around there lol.
Man Im in the same boat.  Im almost 30 and I run a dealership so needless to say, I get little time to rock my J's.  But I also buy a lot em them with the intentions of keeping DS, hate all you like but some have a sentimental value be it a shoe MJ wore during a historic game.  My problem is sometimes when I wear some of these kicks I feel out of place or too old to rockin nicer sneakers than the "kids" around me.  I been thinking about putting my kicks in a storage locker but I hate the idea of them not being within reach or available to wear or stare at whenever.  I still take every available opportunity to rock some heat whenever I can.  I guess we just have to keep in mind that we dont have the time or places to wear the stuff you own so why buy a ton more??? 

pretty much same boat... at 26 im wearing J's to work then changing once i get here. I got about 200 pairs and still try to have a decent rotation of them. Closet space is also a problem as i plan to buy a house in the next two years and debating if i want a whole seperate room just for them..

pretty much same boat... at 26 im wearing J's to work then changing once i get here. I got about 200 pairs and still try to have a decent rotation of them. Closet space is also a problem as i plan to buy a house in the next two years and debating if i want a whole seperate room just for them..

Back
Top Bottom