.:: Toronto Raptors @ Boston Celtics, Nov 10 7:30 EST ::.

Did you see the Celtics team D on Bosh...They put him in a cage nothing going in or out.
On every pick and roll they would trap the point and and cheat with whoever was close by to block the passing lane.

Boston had the Bosh on east germany type lock down.
smh.gif

This Tom Tibaduea is da bidness.

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

Originally Posted by TMH88

I kno i said i wasnt gonna watch Raptors post up but did this lame really say this was the best game in raptors history?

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I hope not.
Matt Devlin spoke that nonesense?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
GTFOWTBS

roll.gif
It sounded like it but i REALLY hope he DIDN'T say that.

Matt Delvin isnt that delusional
laugh.gif

He cant be.

Maybe the best game with him being a national commentator... hell no in raptor history

It will always be Vince's 51 point game in the playoffs. Always.

Unless Bosh goes for 52 in the playoffs in round 2
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by BallinBoykz

laugh.gif

He cant be.

Maybe the best game with him being a national commentator... hell no in raptor history

laugh.gif
I think the best raptors game in history was when they beat the bulls when Jordan was on the team
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by BrOwNiN187

y'all need to chill and respect the nba champs..best defense in the league for a reason..the better team won..great teams know how to do that...

we all know the raps arent great..we're upper echelon good on the brink of being great...we're missing at least two players and our perimeter defense is horrendous.
Im not saying I dont respect them. Two problems I have though.

1) Why did Bosh not get a touch
2) Officiating was horrendous

We didnt lose because of the officiating. No question about that; the Celtics D stepped up, and we couldnt match the intensity. But im saying it didnt help our case any.

I mean, props to the Celtics for coming back. Its a huge thing to do. But it was more of a case that we gave them the damn game, rather then them taking it.
25assists to 16turnovers (most of which happened in the last 5mins!).. just 2 blocks 2 steals as a team. shooting 72% from the FT line.

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

Did you see the Celtics team D on Bosh...They put him in a cage nothing going in or out.
On every pick and roll they would trap the point and and cheat with whoever was close by to block the passing lane.

Boston had the Bosh on east germany type lock down.
smh.gif

This Tom Tibaduea is da bidness.
They basically forced every one but Calderon and Bosh to step up. Other than that you were NOT getting points.

laugh.gif

He cant be.

laugh.gif
I think the best raptors game in history was when they beat the bulls when Jordan was on the team
pimp.gif

Man, that was a loooooooooong time ago. And it didnt mean much. Yes, it was the 72-10 Bulls team, but it didnt mean anything for us. I think the Vince onebecause he singlehandidly gave us a damn chance in the playoffs that year.

I still hate the guy (not totally, more or less have no opinion on him anymore), but I have to respect that performance; that, to me, is the best Raptor gamein history.

y'all need to chill and respect the nba champs..best defense in the league for a reason..the better team won..great teams know how to do that...

we all know the raps arent great..we're upper echelon good on the brink of being great...we're missing at least two players and our perimeter defense is horrendous.

We didnt lose because of the officiating. No question about that; the Celtics D stepped up, and we couldnt match the intensity. But im saying it didnt help our case any.

I mean, props to the Celtics for coming back. Its a huge thing to do. But it was more of a case that we gave them the damn game, rather then them taking it.
1 - did you not see bosh being draped the whole game? him and kg basically canceled each other out that game the way they were played. ifanything he was a decent decoy out there. he even realized it. every time he drove high he would dump it down to JO because he knew a double or triple wascoming.

2 - the celtics BEEN playing dirty. thats the nature of their game, hard nosed. they do it well and get away with it. the reversing of calls was b.s though.

Originally Posted by brrraptors

25assists to 16turnovers (most of which happened in the last 5mins!).. just 2 blocks 2 steals as a team. shooting 72% from the FT line.

Nice Sig change
laugh.gif

Ive felt that way for over a year. Terrible in calling plays, terrible in substitutions.
Anyway, all those turnovers did come in the last few minutes, and I agree. Even though we had 25 assists, those turnovers killed us.

1 - did you not see bosh being draped the whole game? him and kg basically canceled each other out that game the way they were played. if anything he was a decent decoy out there. he even realized it. every time he drove high he would dump it down to JO because he knew a double or triple was coming.

2 - the celtics BEEN playing dirty. thats the nature of their game, hard nosed. they do it well and get away with it. the reversing of calls was b.s though.
I'll agree with that. Both of those statements from Brownin.
JO was irrelevant in the second half too. Great start, and props to JO playing huge so far, but he was MIA second half.

Originally Posted by Cabral Richards

1 - did you not see bosh being draped the whole game? him and kg basically canceled each other out that game the way they were played. if anything he was a decent decoy out there. he even realized it. every time he drove high he would dump it down to JO because he knew a double or triple was coming.

JO was irrelevant in the second half too. Great start, and props to JO playing huge so far, but he was MIA second half.
Are you really Cabbie?

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

Are you really Cabbie?
laugh.gif
That's something i always wanted to know

seein JO get blocked by perkins on that im-not-sure-what-imma-do-here move and then turning the ball over when he 5feet from the bucket with KGstill only halfway there to defend him
sick.gif
that was disappointing to watchafter his great start to the game

Popovich calls the Celtics NBA champions, because that's what they are. What they are not, is world champions.

There's no such thing," he said. "Why can't we just be happy with 'the NBA champions.' That's pretty cool. In the middle of theCeltics' [banner], it says: World Champions in giant letters and Boston Celtics up [on top]. In the middle, in little teeny letters, NBA. In brackets. Whatis that? Ashamed to be in the NBA. Or, I know it's really the NBA championship, but I'm going to go ahead and say world championship anyway. Idon't understand it."

All other teams and everytime before this year it has been NBA Champions.

Originally Posted by JD617

Just got back from the game.

eek.gif
roll.gif
@ KG on Calderon in the 2nd half. And
indifferent.gif
to Calderon whining to the refs for a T. Charmin soft.
Then explain to me how other players in the NBA get T's for that?
Can you really say that any other player in the NBA would get away with that?

Sure, it was going both ways. But with the NBA rules, thats a T.

Originally Posted by kash55

Popovich calls the Celtics NBA champions, because that's what they are. What they are not, is world champions.

There's no such thing," he said. "Why can't we just be happy with 'the NBA champions.' That's pretty cool. In the middle of the Celtics' [banner], it says: World Champions in giant letters and Boston Celtics up [on top]. In the middle, in little teeny letters, NBA. In brackets. What is that? Ashamed to be in the NBA. Or, I know it's really the NBA championship, but I'm going to go ahead and say world championship anyway. I don't understand it."

Agreed with Pop.

eek.gif
roll.gif
indifferent.gif

ok fine. it should have been a T and KG got away with it. but that didn;t matter.... KG wanted to get into calderon's head and he did.calderon was more or less insignificant from that moment on......mission accomplished.

Originally Posted by iNiNe5

eek.gif
roll.gif
indifferent.gif

ok fine. it should have been a T and KG got away with it. but that didn;t matter.... KG wanted to get into calderon's head and he did. calderon was more or less insignificant from that moment on......mission accomplished.

Oh yeah, I agree he got in his head. No question. My arguement was just that a T was warranted and wasnt given.
Of course he accomplished what he was trying to do. I just hated the officiating tonight...

There's no such thing," he said. "Why can't we just be happy with 'the NBA champions.' That's pretty cool. In the middle of the Celtics' [banner], it says: World Champions in giant letters and Boston Celtics up [on top]. In the middle, in little teeny letters, NBA. In brackets. What is that? Ashamed to be in the NBA. Or, I know it's really the NBA championship, but I'm going to go ahead and say world championship anyway. I don't understand it."

Agreed with Pop.
i don;t know when they started putting "World Champions" on their banners but it was definitely before this year.....as a matter offact, their banners might have read that since the 50's.....

eek.gif
roll.gif
indifferent.gif

Yeah, no kidding and I hate it. The NBA gets softer and softer every year. I was hoping KG would tone it down a little because I fully expected him to get atech.

Originally Posted by iNiNe5

Agreed with Pop.
i don;t know when they started putting "World Champions" on their banners but it was definitely before this year.....as a matter of fact, their banners might have read that since the 50's.....

Yeah, all 17 of them say "World Champions."

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

Are you really Cabbie?
laugh.gif
That's something i always wanted to know

http://niketalk.com/topic/125032

Back
Top Bottom