.:: Toronto Raptors @ Boston Celtics, Nov 10 7:30 EST ::.

Originally Posted by JD617

Originally Posted by iNiNe5

Originally Posted by Cabral Richards

Originally Posted by kash55

Popovich calls the Celtics NBA champions, because that's what they are. What they are not, is world champions.

There's no such thing," he said. "Why can't we just be happy with 'the NBA champions.' That's pretty cool. In the middle of the Celtics' [banner], it says: World Champions in giant letters and Boston Celtics up [on top]. In the middle, in little teeny letters, NBA. In brackets. What is that? Ashamed to be in the NBA. Or, I know it's really the NBA championship, but I'm going to go ahead and say world championship anyway. I don't understand it."

All other teams and everytime before this year it has been NBA Champions.

Agreed with Pop.
i don;t know when they started putting "World Champions" on their banners but it was definitely before this year.....as a matter of fact, their banners might have read that since the 50's.....

Yeah, all 17 of them say "World Champions."
exactly, if he's gonna complain, why complain now after #17...why not complain the 16 previous times.... just sour grapes.....

Popovich calls the Celtics NBA champions, because that's what they are. What they are not, is world champions.

There's no such thing," he said. "Why can't we just be happy with 'the NBA champions.' That's pretty cool. In the middle of the Celtics' [banner], it says: World Champions in giant letters and Boston Celtics up [on top]. In the middle, in little teeny letters, NBA. In brackets. What is that? Ashamed to be in the NBA. Or, I know it's really the NBA championship, but I'm going to go ahead and say world championship anyway. I don't understand it."

Agreed with Pop.
i don;t know when they started putting "World Champions" on their banners but it was definitely before this year.....as a matter of fact, their banners might have read that since the 50's.....

exactly, if he's gonna complain, why complain now after #17...why not complain the 16 previous times.... just sour grapes.....

I didnt know all 17 said that; I thought it was just the last title. My bad.

Wow... watched the entire game live, and that's really all I can say. There's absolutely no way the Raptors should've lost that game, howdisappointing.

Originally Posted by ethanlee29

i dont know how in the $+@@ that isn't a tech man

I know eh.
Thats the part I really dont like, as expressed on pg 10.
KG gets away with it, but nobody else. How in the hell is that fair.

Edit: I dont know what the NBA rule is on it, but new FIBA rule this year is that any clapping, yelling of "shot", waving of arms, etc, results in anautomatic technical foul. That was one of the major FIBA rule changes, at least thats what it was in Canada this year. Not sure how it is in the NBA, but therehas to be a similar ruling on that.

eek.gif
@ KG getting away with those taunting !%!%

SMH ...Way to act like a champion there.. dude is becoming the most annoying person in the NBA

Agreed with Pop.

I didnt know all 17 said that; I thought it was just the last title. My bad.
Why cant they be called World Champions to begin with? The weakest team in the NBA could beat the Euroleague champs any day.

Originally Posted by BEATSLIM

Why cant they be called World Champions to begin with? The weakest team in the NBA could beat the Euroleague champs any day.
Maybe because there's a tournament called the "World Championship"? Last I checked nobody from the Celtics played on that Spainteam a few years ago. Just a thought.

Now that I saw that youtube vid, the finger pointing was a little OD. But that vid was only a small part of what happened. KG was absolutely hell-bent onstopping Calderon for like 5-6 possessions in a row. The Celtics had looked flat all night until then. It completely energized the team and the fans. TheGarden was pretty quiet up until then. Once I saw that, I knew Toronto wasn't gonna win. The team defense and overall energy from that point on was so muchbetter.

dude is becoming the most annoying person in the NBA
This is what i will never understand. KG has been like this his whole career. He's always been one of the most intense guys in the league ifnot the most intense. No one used to have a problem with it when he was with Minnesota, because they weren't winning. It's only now that everyone hatesit, because the Celtics have been beating up on the rest of the league this year and last. It baffles me when I hear people say they loved KG with Minnesota,but now hate him. He's the same guy.

Originally Posted by Blazers21NTNP

Maybe because there's a tournament called the "World Championship"? Last I checked nobody from the Celtics played on that Spain team a few years ago. Just a thought.
figures in a raptors game thread, there'd be people complaining about the "World Championship" tag on American teams winning anAmerican sports league championship. i know up there in Canada, people cannot stand the "World" tag being branded on American teams winning thesuperbowl champion, world series champion, etc.... one thing you gotta understand. down here, americans think they ARE the world.....

I dont want to get involved any further in this thread
laugh.gif

To answer the question on page 10, check the Canada forum. That should be evidence enough
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Blazers21NTNP

Maybe because there's a tournament called the "World Championship"? Last I checked nobody from the Celtics played on that Spain team a few years ago. Just a thought.
figures in a raptors game thread, there'd be people complaining about the "World Championship" tag on American teams winning an American sports league championship. i know up there in Canada, people cannot stand the "World" tag being branded on American teams winning the superbowl champion, world series champion, etc.... one thing you gotta understand. down here, americans think they ARE the world.....
I've got no problem with the "World Champions" tag, other than the fact that a real "World Championship" tournamentexists. The NBA is the collection of the greatest players in the world, so why not? I understand how Americans don't care about the rest of the world, andmost don't even know about the rest of the world. Although sometimes the lack of knowledge/ignorance some possess is pitiful, I do admire their patriotismand how proud they are to be American.

Just droppin Stern conspiracy theory stuff here but I'm thinking the "NBA Champions" title will lead to some kind of clubs champions league withball teams around the world. That's the only way this clown can make this game "global".

Also, have you noticed that Stern talks about soccer in every press conference he does. Dude's taking FIFA's model.

Now that I saw that youtube vid, the finger pointing was a little OD. But that vid was only a small part of what happened. KG was absolutely hell-bent on stopping Calderon for like 5-6 possessions in a row. The Celtics had looked flat all night until then. It completely energized the team and the fans. The Garden was pretty quiet up until then. Once I saw that, I knew Toronto wasn't gonna win. The team defense and overall energy from that point on was so much better.

dude is becoming the most annoying person in the NBA
This is what i will never understand. KG has been like this his whole career. He's always been one of the most intense guys in the league if not the most intense. No one used to have a problem with it when he was with Minnesota, because they weren't winning. It's only now that everyone hates it, because the Celtics have been beating up on the rest of the league this year and last. It baffles me when I hear people say they loved KG with Minnesota, but now hate him. He's the same guy.
Ive watched KG since he came into the league and dude was never this mad annoying as a member of T'Wolves. He was always that openlypassionate, intense, high energy dude but he never chest beat 5million times a day making a scene even when on the bench and taunting PGs bringing the ball upthe floor. I understand hes finally in a market where the crowd is more into it, louder etc etc but damn his antics are super annoying. hope someone humbleshim in the playoffs this year

Another game of coming back and wearing down the team.

Dumb mistakes by Toronto defiantly helped us.

Pierce was killing it at the end of the game.
pimp.gif

KG is a %!@@ anyway. If your really worried about that though.
smh.gif

Back
Top Bottom