TRADE RUMOR: Rondo and Ray Ray for Amare, Barbosa, 14th pick

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

I say that's a steal for Boston.

Yeup.

How much longer does Ray Ray got?

I don't know, just seems too good for Boston, you can talk about Rondo being as good as you want, but I'd love to see what he can do with a team likethe Suns.

I say you're either severely underrating Rondo, severely overrating Amare, or both.

I say Allen is a non-factor in Boston's near future, Amare is slightly better than Rondo, Barbosa is one of the best bench scorers in the league and thedraft pick can be put to immediate use in replacing Rondo.

Am I the only one who thinks this doesnt make sense at all for the Suns? You trade Amare, basically your only PF, and Barbosa, your backup PG, for Rondo, whowould probably back up Nash, and Ray Allen when you already have Jason Richardson. I dont get it. You basically swap your only PF to have the option ofplaying two SG's

lol dumb part on PHX as well, they drafted rondo and had a chance to keep him but traded the pick. idiot suns.

Flynn/Stephon
Barbosa/Tony Allen/House
PP/Powe
KG/Big Baby
Amare/Perkins

(Flynn with the 14th pick).

Or they could get a swingman with the 14th pick.

Originally Posted by Scottsauce88

Am I the only one who thinks this doesnt make sense at all for the Suns? You trade Amare, basically your only PF, and Barbosa, your backup PG, for Rondo, who would probably back up Nash, and Ray Allen when you already have Jason Richardson. I dont get it. You basically swap your only PF to have the option of playing two SG's
That's why I think the rumor is complete BS.
laugh.gif
It justdoesn't make sense for either team.

I say Allen is a non-factor in Boston's near future, Amare is slightly better than Rondo, Barbosa is one of the best bench scorers in the league and the draft pick can be put to immediate use in replacing Rondo.

Who's to say Ray can't play into his mid-late 30s like Reggie did? He keeps himself in phenomenal shape and hasn't shown any signs of slowing downyet at 33. And star point guards don't grow on trees. Giving up Rondo for a questionable character guy who plays zero defense, Barbosa, and the 14th pickin a weak draft? That's an EASY pass.

IF this deal were to go down, Big Baby would not return.

Wonder if KG's knee has something to do with this rumor as well.

Originally Posted by kobe82410

Latest rumor out of Phoenix: Ray Allen and Rajon Rondo for Amare Stoudemire, Leandro Barbosa, and the 14th overall pick. Source: sports.ktar.com Not sure if this is entirely speculation, but it is being talked about (Gambo & Ash) on the radio as I write this. No sources mentioned, so take it as such. They did mention that Boston initiated the proposal, and that the Suns have not made a comment on it as of yet. 17banners.com

got it from hoops hype.

discuss
site doesn't seem credible.

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

Am I the only one who thinks this doesnt make sense at all for the Suns? You trade Amare, basically your only PF, and Barbosa, your backup PG, for Rondo, who would probably back up Nash, and Ray Allen when you already have Jason Richardson. I dont get it. You basically swap your only PF to have the option of playing two SG's
laugh.gif
It just doesn't make sense for either team.
The Suns could turn around and make a deal with someone like Dallas for Nash+Jason Richardson for our expirings, Josh Howard, or something of thatvariation.

If moves are made, I'm not sure if Nash stays.

for the suns, yes it does make. amare defs. not staying in phx, as they tried moving him before the trade deadline. there were rumors saying nashwas on the block. ray can play the 2, jason at the 3. the only thing that doesnt make sense is the fact that their frontcourt is pretty much empty now.
for boston, you can say its rondo for barbosa+amare, but rayray has shown that he's still able to ball right now, but who knows how he'll do next year.i guess they're doing it as a safety precaution?
and big baby not returning is huge. boston most likely only wants amare's contract.
wow, dallas fans actually want jason's horrible contract? and for the record, richarson > josh howard. at least richardson can make his threes
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

it is

I don't know but Cavs (minus Lebron/Mo) should try to unload whatever else we can to get Amare

i think its a win win for both teams ... celtics get rid of an aging vet and team up pp and kg with amare! ... lets not forget someone like rafer alston willmost likely be available and a pg at 15 like ty lawson could be perfect for a team with kg/amare/pp ...

suns get their pg of the future and can move nash freely now ...

I say the only way this is considered is because Danny doesn't think he can keep both Powe and Davis.

Powe figures to come back to Boston sicne he tore his knee, probably at a low rate too.

Davis on the other hand...

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

Powe figures to come back to Boston sicne he tore his knee, probably at a low rate too.

Davis on the other hand...
Even at a low rate, who knows how the injury will affect him? I don't think this trade is serious but that has to be the train of thought.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

laugh.gif
It just doesn't make sense for either team.
The Suns could turn around and make a deal with someone like Dallas for Nash+Jason Richardson for our expirings, Josh Howard, or something of that variation.

If moves are made, I'm not sure if Nash stays.

If moves are made, Nash DEFINITELY has to go. Especially this move, since Rondo is perfectly capable of starting at point. But it leaves us with virtually noone at PF and overloaded with guards. It doesn't really make sense, but it brings in talent, nonetheless. I'd rather keep J-Rich and slide him over toSF, and then insert Ray into the SG spot, though. So that way, the wiley veteran, Hill, doesn't have to start every game. My only thing is, we'd haveGrant Hill and Ray Ray on the same team. Who knows how long they're really good for. If one or both of them goes down for good, then we tradedAmare, a great bench scorer (Barbosa) AND a draft pick (which we NEVER keep, and it always comes back to haunt us) for Rondo.

Anywho...
laugh.gif
smh.gif
@ the Suns tryin' to bring BACK Rondo. Can't believe we traded this dude (As much as I hate him and his soft +#@ style) beforegivin' him a chance. I love STAT when he's going off, but he's one of the most frustrating players I've ever seen, with his defensivetendencies and lack of heart. Even having said all this though, injuries aside, I'd rather have proven winners, team leaders, and competitors (Allen), thandudes who play for the money (Amare).

doesnt make sense,
def. NOT going to happen...

but ....
celtics starting 5
c-amare/ kg
pf- kg / amare
sf- paul pierce
sg- eddie house
g- barbosa

off the bench,
big baby and perkins

suns starting 5