Transgender Boy Wins High School Girls' Wrestling Championship in Texas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best solution I can come up with which is still not perfect is:

-all biologically born males should have to compete with men; hormonal therapy or not

-any biologically born female who identifies as a male and is on a hormonal therapy should compete with men. It's what they'd want anyways

-any biologically born female who identifies as a male but is not on any hormonal therapy can choose if they'd want to compete with men or women

You can't get any unfair advantage competing with men.
So......

What about biologically born males that Identify as female but ARE on hormone therapy? Where should those athletes compete?

am i tripping or this dude not even talking about the same thing as me?
says it means absolutely nothing but CeCe just washed every woman runner because of her athletic advantage

it def means something to all those women athletes who lost the championship by a large margin
Dude is arguing over the use of a single changeable word (girl, female, womens) and not the actual situation. and no I’m not saying they mean the same thing so let’s stop that right there

So......

What about biologically born males that Identify as female but ARE on hormone therapy? Where should those athletes compete?
Honestly there’s 2 ways to look at this.

1. It’s “just” sports so no harm no foul.

2. These sports are lots of peoples tickets to their future via scholarship and they’re millions of dollars on the line depending on the situation.

How do you compromise the 2? I have no idea. Title 9 made it so that men’s and women’s sports had to be supported equally. Did that fix the reality of the situation? Absolutely not.

And I completely get this as I posted the same thing BUT there are still limitation within all that already. Age, ability, number of players, academic ability, etc. are those discriminatory as well?

is ability & age a protected group tho... also mind you, we're only separating by age in college & gradeschool sports, in professional sports we got 21 year olds playing with 40 year olds..

Dude is arguing over the use of a single changeable word (girl, female, womens) and not the actual situation. and no I’m not saying they mean the same thing so let’s stop that right there

lmao, i can tell women love you ... especially if you think the words female & woman are "interchangeable" which they aren't in the slightest...& you fail to see how this correlates to the situation because either you truly don't understand (which is probably the case judging from your female/women statement) or you're being willingly daft, which is fine also.

lmao, i can tell women love you ... especially if you think the words female & woman are "interchangeable" which they aren't in the slightest...& you fail to see how this correlates to the situation because either you truly don't understand (which is probably the case judging from your female/women statement) or you're being willingly daft, which is fine also.
Literally said right there they don’t mean the same thing. Changeable in terms of labeling the said sports. Women’s is now girls or now females soccer. Now what do you do?

is ability & age a protected group tho... also mind you, we're only separating by age in college & gradeschool sports, in professional sports we got 21 year olds playing with 40 year olds..
All respect to them but transgender is NOT protected. Ask the military. Don’t agree with that but that’s the reality. Ability is heavily protected. Special needs and physically disability come with huge change in law and procedure. Age is heavily protected during grade school. People fight to hold their kids back all for sports participation sometimes multiple years

I think I asked this a few years ago, but has any W H I T E feminist starting lashing out on the idea of tra ns-females being integrated into female sports?

Literally said right there they don’t mean the same thing. Changeable in terms of labeling the said sports. Women’s is now girls or now females soccer. Now what do you do?

you contradicted yourself to begin with, lol. "single use of a changeable word" then you said "no i'm not saying they mean the same thing" ...if you changed it to females you might have more of a chance, but also, you have to realize the reason behind changing it would be extremely discriminatory & really won't be accepted well. also not all females are created "equally." for example, people want to scream unfair advantages constantly when you have black women who dominate sports, you've seen what they did to serena the past 10 years, drug tested more than any other tennis athlete, coming to her house & not leaving until she tests, etc ...& now what they've done to caster semenya... it's only unfair when you lose.

you contradicted yourself to begin with, lol. "single use of a changeable word" then you said "no i'm not saying they mean the same thing" ...if you changed it to females you might have more of a chance, but also, you have to realize the reason behind changing it would be extremely discriminatory & really won't be accepted well. also not all females are created "equally." for example, people want to scream unfair advantages constantly when you have black women who dominate sports, you've seen what they did to serena the past 10 years, drug tested more than any other tennis athlete, coming to her house & not leaving until she tests, etc ...& now what they've done to caster semenya... it's only unfair when you lose.
You need to READ what I said, then stop, then READ AGAIN.

I don’t care for advantages or whatever. What we are all talking about is the line drawn as to how someone can claim transgender without question and the current lack of limitation in all that with sports. YOU are going on a bold font anger spree over things nobody has said.take a break

You need to READ what I said, then stop, then READ AGAIN.

I don’t care for advantages or whatever. What we are all talking about is the line drawn as to how someone can claim transgender without question and the current lack of limitation in all that with sports. YOU are going on a bold font anger spree over things nobody has said.take a break

get over yourself, all of my fonts are bold lil mama...& guess what... "claiming transgender" isn't a thing, you identify how you want to that aligns best with whom you are, people aren't doing this for you or anyone else, no one chooses a life of hate, discrimination & possible death for the sake of what others might think, lol.

this conversation is kind of moot, what about women that suffer from hyperandrogenism are they not "real women" either, where does this end?

Maybe the sports should be called MALE and FEMALE sports

Still think this leaves a loophole of trans men who are females that have undergone hormonal therapies then competing against cis girls. Which is why as I stated before there should just be one division for cis girls and another for everyone else. Who cares how people would react or exactly what the label for each division would be just yet, we’re here to just discuss a hypothetical solution of what would make sense. The hypothetical PR to make it happen can come afterwards.

I agree with the post you quoted and it clearly states that all biologically born males, hormonal therapy or not, should compete together. Which means trans women would compete in the “non-cis girls” division.

Taking 5-10 minutes to learn the difference between male/female man/woman cis/trans and to accommodate these kids with their preferred pronoun takes basically nothing from you and would probably mean a ton for these kids in creating a more inclusive society. If you’re not selfless enough to think outside of yourself and your own kin just remember your own future child or a relative can one day deal with the unfortunate struggle of having to undergo massive stress and medical procedures because they feel like they were born the wrong sex. Be happy you were born the correct one but understanding of those who weren’t.

look at this... these girls didn't stand a chance
imo this will undermine all of women's sports which is already struggling as it is
5cf4fcc0dda4c87c3c8b4619.jpg

And just look at their faces, they KNOW they don’t stand a chance. This is a total sham.

this conversation is kind of moot, what about women that suffer from hyperandrogenism are they not "real women" either, where does this end?

I think sometimes the right question to ask isn’t where things end but where should we begin. I don’t have a solution for this but this doesn’t mean we should sit on our hands in inaction over a situation that’s already being debated and discussed which are trans kids in sports. I like the expression of “crossing the bridge when we get there.” Society isn’t at that bridge yet but we’re certainly at the bridge of trans folks.

Last edited:
I think an issue with this is that too many people get into their feels and get mad af the image of the individual, or imagine someone born a dude competing against their daughter, or hate the idea of feeling like they’re walking on egg shells because their world is now more complicated than “boy/girl”. And need to just take a step back from their feelings and understand that these kids aren’t inherently wrong for being who they are and wanting to play sports. But it’s society’s lack of being proactive and providing the reasonable infrastructure that’s made this mess. Stop getting mad at the kid though and get mad at our flawed system that allows for this to happen.

Times are changing so fast it's hard to keep up with doing what's fair and right for "everybody". At the end of it all there will always be outliers in sports, those who defy what we expect to be the "normal" structure of an athlete and will demonstrably beat every opponent. Some of these people have trained all their lives in order to reach such a level of success and talent and others were "born with it" and just have that IT factor that makes them amazing and are basically naturally amazing.

In this situation it's extremely tough, having a "trans division" would honestly be useless because I doubt there's a large enough number of athletes to make that division up.

I think one of the first things we need to do is educate the public what it means to be trans and help make those who are trans more comfortable making that transition so that any and all hormonal dosing and changing can start as soon as possible in order to "level the playing field".

As things are I don't think there is a "fix" to it. Sometimes somebody is stronger and faster than you, so you either get stronger and faster or you accept that this sport isn't going to take you as far as you thought

Still think this leaves a loophole of trans men who are females that have undergone hormonal therapies then competing against cis girls. Which is why as I stated before there should just be one division for cis girls and another for everyone else. Who cares how people would react or exactly what the label for each division would be just yet, we’re here to just discuss a hypothetical solution of what would make sense. The hypothetical PR to make it happen can come afterwards.

I agree with the post you quoted and it clearly states that all biologically born males, hormonal therapy or not, should compete together. Which means trans women would compete in the “non-cis girls” division.

Taking 5-10 minutes to learn the difference between male/female man/woman cis/trans and to accommodate these kids with their preferred pronoun takes basically nothing from you and would probably mean a ton for these kids in creating a more inclusive society. If you’re not selfless enough to think outside of yourself and your own kin just remember your own future child or a relative can one day deal with the unfortunate struggle of having to undergo massive stress and medical procedures because they feel like they were born the wrong sex. Be happy you were born the correct one but understanding of those who weren’t.
Men are men women are women.... Blurring the lines keeps us confused and changing the narrative changes the definition of what it means to be either..

I think an issue with this is that too many people get into their feels and get mad af the image of the individual, or imagine someone born a dude competing against their daughter, or hate the idea of feeling like they’re walking on egg shells because their world is now more complicated than “boy/girl”. And need to just take a step back from their feelings and understand that these kids aren’t inherently wrong for being who they are and wanting to play sports. But it’s society’s lack of being proactive and providing the reasonable infrastructure that’s made this mess. Stop getting mad at the kid though and get mad at our flawed system that allows for this to happen.

Who is honestly getting mad at the kids vs. Being mad at the situation

is it too much to ask to make the players play in the division they were born in?
is that bigoted and discriminatory?

being serious
why is that such a bad thing?
just go off the birth certificate...you can still be identified as whatever you want but just wont be able to compete in sports that way
I don't see any problem with this. You can identify or be whoever you want. Doesn't mean sports leagues can't have their own rules, and being born a woman or man can be one of them. Nothing is stopping anyone from creating a league specifically for people who identify a particular way. Just don't expect others to want to compete with how you decide to identify.

Times are changing so fast it's hard to keep up with doing what's fair and right for "everybody". At the end of it all there will always be outliers in sports, those who defy what we expect to be the "normal" structure of an athlete and will demonstrably beat every opponent. Some of these people have trained all their lives in order to reach such a level of success and talent and others were "born with it" and just have that IT factor that makes them amazing and are basically naturally amazing.

In this situation it's extremely tough, having a "trans division" would honestly be useless because I doubt there's a large enough number of athletes to make that division up.

I think one of the first things we need to do is educate the public what it means to be trans and help make those who are trans more comfortable making that transition so that any and all hormonal dosing and changing can start as soon as possible in order to "level the playing field".

As things are I don't think there is a "fix" to it. Sometimes somebody is stronger and faster than you, so you either get stronger and faster or you accept that this sport isn't going to take you as far as you thought

What about having cis women and biologically born females who identify as men but have no hormonal therapies competing in one division? And all others competing in a singular other division, totaling only 2 divisions like we currently have? This would keep everyone on a biologically fair playing field so trans women don’t compete with cis women, and so trans men receiving hormones don’t compete with cis women either. And once again we can worry about naming and PR later.

a lot of you bigots need to understand that sexuality & gender identity are a whole lot more complex than you want it to be in your negative little minds.

I agree with this

but you shouldn't be allowed to use your natural biological advantages in sports. It's not fair to the women participating.

Who is honestly getting mad at the kids vs. Being mad at the situation

Let’s assume nobody is and move on. What about the important part at hand which is my other post about a reasonable solution to the situation. Since that’s what everyone is focused on let’s focus on that and not ignore it.

Let’s assume nobody is and move on. What about the important part at hand which is my other post about a reasonable solution to the situation. Since that’s what everyone is focused on let’s focus on that and not ignore it.
Solutions will be situational. Like I said before there’s a part of this where it’s just all for fun and games BUT there’s another side where it’s millions of dollars on the line. The solution is in the limitation. What will that be? No idea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom