Trinidad James said "The South runs NY" while in NYC..

All the DJ's like Young Guru ,and Envy say: "they play nothing but south records in NYC" so I guess TJ has some valid point.

The difference between him saying it and kendrick saying it was

1) Kendrick said it in a rap and when discussing it never came off as trying to disrespect NYC, more of him just thinking he's the best rapper out
2) This ***** is literally one of the worst rappers ever, he hasn't and never will come half close to making another hit again, so who the **** is he to say anything rap related at all.
3) ATL as a whole with all that radio play and club play only have two relevant artist (Outside of the vets) Future & 2chainz... Rich Homie, Migos etc etc are no bigger than a A$ap Ferg or a Action Bronson.

so in reality ATL doesn't run a damn thing in NYC, the biggest artist in the game our from all different regions

I think he's tryna say that the south runs NY because this new generationof NY rappers are influenced by the south ala A$AP Mob

Maino is the real deal. I liked both of his albums and I appreciate him speaking out and wanting to fight T James. That's some real **** unlike most of the fake rap industry. **** this clown

I miss the old New York :smh:

First it shows you what type of people were in the audience, first to not throw bottles at him and also to see him in the first place

The tweets from Maino was hilarious.

Maino ‏@mainohustlehard 2h

Heyy buddy @trinidadjamesGG I'll be ur Huckleberry! Lol imma brush those teeth when I see u baby boy. U a street ***** rite? Lmao

after we clean this guy @trinidadjamesGG up I'm straighten a few of u NY ****** out for being the Vaginas that u R!

Somebody wake @TAXSTONE up tell'em this nasty mouth ***** @TrinidadJamesGG is on the menu. #whathappened

Maino ‏@mainohustlehard 3h

S/O to all the NY ****** who let this Rotten Teeth ***** @TrinidadJamesGG disrespect us lastnite! #whathappened

NY fell off...and I am a New Yorker. No wonder why I moved :rofl: j/p

This would never happen in Chicago, ATL or any others. Time for people to restore the city when a dude like Trinidad James calls NY out.

Just read TJ's timeline. He trying to clarify what he said. I don't give a **** that NY doesn't sell, rap overall is wack to me. All these new kids. South artists make club and ringtone music, NY doesn't. It's that simple. I **** with Maino and Troy Ave. I hope Maino does physically harm this clown. Rap has turned into a WWE Divas match. MMG and Young Money is a big reason why it's so ***** now

Trinidad is garbage, this we know.

But dude didn't say anything that isn't true. Outside of the radio there are great artists from NYC. But in order to be "mainstream", it seems like you have to have a trap beat or a feature from a hot Southern artist. So yes, in a sense the South has a big influence over who "makes it" in NYC (if your definition of making it is commercial appeal).

The real question is who the **** still listens to that BS on the radio?

Bruh that crowd was NOT with him on that at all :lol:

Dude was tryna keep it movin like "what's the next song, tho?" and everyone was like "nah, bruh, you wylin!"

He was actually speaking some truth in there. The thread title makes it sound he just **** on NY but he gave NY credit for the past then talked about how the new hottest NY rappers are basically down south rappers. *looks at ASAP Mob*

It's just funny how a garbage _ like him is putting dudes on blast.

Last edited:
I took it as sort of a backhanded compliment.

And maybe he was speaking the truth but you don't do that in the state you're dissing. I know he's trying to be bold or whatever but nah there's just some stuff you don't do. Especially being in his situation, like who are you? you had one hit, you're not the voice of the south...

He called other peoples albums ******** :smh:

Dudes feeling himself too much

You know what's funny, it's completely reversed, in the 90's other areas got upset at New York artist for their arrogance and not getting played on radio.

The south pulled the rug from up under the West and East coast, while that supposed beef was going on south was just plotting. Then when biggie and pac died they just stepped in like we taking this **** over. I think no region has hiphop locked down just a free-for-all now.

If he said that in New York, I'm not sure how he was even able to finish the rest of that statement let alone the rest of his show without getting booed or tossed off the stage.  You gotta make these dudes respect your home, if not things like this happen. 

another argument that nobody seems to be bringing up is that NY doesn't have to bring a 90's sound to be NY.... That is EXACTLY what killed us in the first place.... that 2004-2007 era was the beginning of the end because we had cats like

Pap, Millz, Writer, Saigon etc etc who were forced to fit a certain style that wasn't fresh or new and quite frankly they couldn't replicate the same feel as those classic records. When you box a new artist into classic NYC sound, you are forcing them to live up to the expectations of some of the best hip hop albums EVER it's unfair to them.

Especially the new kids who aren't gonna bring that sound because that NY sound that everyone is asking for was created by the streets.... Those streets are day & night compared to how they were 20 years ago... new generation have new experiences and that's gonna sow through there music.

and for the last time if you have sat through any A$AP mob project i don't see where this they sound southern comes from unless your still basing your opinion off of purple swag and the fact they drink lean.

And even with that sound, that houston slowed down **** ain't wats hot coming out the south it's trap beats and autotune.

If he said that in New York, I'm not sure how he was even able to finish the rest of that statement let alone the rest of his show without getting booed or tossed off the stage.  You gotta make these dudes respect your home, if not things like this happen. 

Nothing ever happens. They came through and kicked buildings down and made a song called "New York, New York"... Nothing happened to Snoop or Dogg Pound

that new Brooklyn rapper Troy Ave just spoke on this recently too. crazy...

My NY people...Yes we taking L's... just be honest :lol:

Although what he said may be harsh NY...its the truth.

NY Mainstream sounds like the entire southern region...does it not? NOTE: I said mainstrem. (So Bronson, Flatbush, Pro Era, Troy Ave etc. are not valid before you even reach that way).

Back
Top Bottom