Trouble with DUI's...

under the limit doesnt mean he wasnt under the influence
but isint that limit designed to determine whether someone is too intoxicated to drive or not? It seems like a joke that the guy gets arrested for drinking two beers and driving.

He pulled me over in Olympia. I pulled one of those lane swerves as I sent out a txt I know it's irresponsible. But at 3am in the state capital they may look for any reason to get u. I'm slightly buzzed and no where near being drunk at the time.

He said "like 2 beers". Two beers don't get you to a 0.071. I'd wager he had more. Why'd you get pulled over in the first place? Do you have a history of alcohol-related driving infractions?

You don't have to blow a 0.08 to get hit with a DUI. If you didn't stop at a stop sign, or you crossed the midline, you can get hit with a DUI.

op only had two beers not sure if it was light beer or not but still should have be able to operate his car. Lawyer up dude, my boy got a dui while we was leaving to get pizza for the pool party. The lawyer he got did a lot for him with getting his license back at pre trail and he just had to pay court cost plus attend this class. Lately people on NT been taking stuff to the extreme when someone makes a thread. 2 beers and 2 bottles are two different things shoot some people get drinks on there lunch break or right after work before heading home. Stop trying to education someone on what they already know. OP said he had to two beers so we go from there.

hmmmmmm.......now the story changes op u was texting while driving and had some drinks. Thats textbook 101 no no....this one is on you bro. You need to get that talk to text plus the read back on your phone for when u are driving

Last edited:
He pulled me over in Olympia. I pulled one of those lane swerves as I sent out a txt I know it's irresponsible. But at 3am in the state capital they may look for any reason to get u. I'm slightly buzzed and no where near being drunk at the time.
Under the influence doesn't mean drunk. You were texting while driving after you had been drinking, and couldn't control your car. I'm not surprised you got hit with a DUI.

Maybe it will get dropped, but regardless, be smarter next time. You shouldn't have been driving in the first place.

He said "like 2 beers". Two beers don't get you to a 0.071. I'd wager he had more. Why'd you get pulled over in the first place? Do you have a history of alcohol-related driving infractions?

You don't have to blow a 0.08 to get hit with a DUI. If you didn't stop at a stop sign, or you crossed the midline, you can get hit with a DUI.
I crossed the midline once. That's what got me pulled over. I had one beer about an hour prior to being on the road. Never been pulled for a DUI.

Oh he'll naw, you were texting too. Bruh I live in Tacoma and I'm moving out to puyallup next week. I hate irresponsible people like you. What kind of car do you drive?

You stationed at JBLM?

Last edited:
Oh he'll naw, you were texting too. Bruh I live in Tacoma and I'm moving out to puyallup next week. I hate irresponsible people like you. What kind of car do you drive?

You stationed at JBLM?
didn't get me for texting nor lane traveling. But bruh why u asking what car I drive?

But you were texting doe
I'm a lightweight but two beers has no affect on me, now dark liquor is a totally different story and I usually call a cab if my lady is not
with me or have her be dd because she doesn't drink
But I hate people either sober/drunk texting or driving on the phone
One of my biggest pet peeves

I crossed the midline once. That's what got me pulled over. I had one beer about an hour prior to being on the road. Never been pulled for a DUI.
All that really matters is that you blew a 0.071. You're responsible for knowing your tolerance. You should never risk driving if you're that close to a 0.08.

I understand I made a mistake and I learned from it. I came here for advice not to get burned on it.
but na real talk dude just make sure u get a good lawyer spend the extra funds if need be. The lawyer really work wonders for my boy... he was from another satate. the lawyer in the court room were all in ahhhh whenever he got done like that wasnt suppose to happen and how did u do that.

No mercy for anybody who drinks and drives . . . don't care what you think your "limit" is . . . that's reckless as hell . . . you affect more than yourself . . .

I understand I made a mistake and I learned from it. I came here for advice not to get burned on it.

You should've foreseen a backlash. Not taking anything away from the people who have actually had negative experiences with people that drink and drive. You were bound to get lectures. The best advice you could have been given has already been stated. Get a lawyer and try to beat it since you were under the .08 limit.

Last edited:
Besides drinking and texting while behind the wheel, another factor is sleep deprivation, which can impair your driving as much as drinking can. Being that it was 3 in the morning, it had probably been a while since OP got some Z's. Combine all 3 and you got a very unsafe driver behind the wheel.

I'm not going to say you're a bad person OP, but a lot of people that get caught up in DUI related incidents aren't bad people. It's just very poor judgment. You say you weren't out of control but you crossed the midline? You could have crossed it several more times had the police not pulled you over.

Last edited:
Just take it as a lesson learned... are you under 21? because the legal limit in your state changes if your under the drinking age.

I got a DUI last year... suspended license for most of the summer, 8 week course and about $3,000 in fines, I used a court appointed lawyer, I learned my lesson... & I think I got off pretty easy from the stories ive heard. You live & you learn bro

when i drink i already know i cant drive.

no light liquor for me. that messes me up the worst.

If your rapsheet is clean the worse that will happen is probation and a 90 day license suspension He blew So there's no way around it The only way to beat DUi is to not blow or take a field sobriety test Taking the test period is almost equal to admitting guilt You had to walk the line and touch your nose before you blew I'm sure The officer is allowed to charge you with Dui for failure of any 1 of the sobriety test So the only way to beat it is to use your right to refuse the test I wouldn't advise public defender on my worse enemy Get you a real lawyer and you'll be fine

Back
Top Bottom