Trouble with DUI's...

I'm starting law school in the fall and find it pretty interesting you blew under the legal limit, and still hand your car towed.

Can someone shed some light on this?

^He didn't explain what happen during field sobriety So I'm guessing he failed those tremendously He didn't blow over the limit but blowing is usually the last thing they require I'm not a law student but I've spent some time dealing with the law lol He had to take the other test before he blew I'm sure

I'm starting law school in the fall and find it pretty interesting you blew under the legal limit, and still hand your car towed.

Some states have a multiple statutes for D.U.I. Indiana, my state, has two types of D.U.I. (O.W.I. in Indiana); The first is prima fascia DUI, which means if you don't appear to be driving under the influence but you're over the legal limit of .08. regardless of if you swerve or appear to be impaired, you blow a .o8, you're getiing a D.U.I. The other is Is a D.U.I. that stems from your apparent impaired driving; You swerve, don't signal, change lanes frequently, or violate any other traffic laws and you have any alcohol in your system above a ,04, you're getting a D.U.I. from driving impaired. It sucks, but it's a law that was pushed by insurance companies; they make billions from D.U.I.'s. And everyone thinks it's about safety. . .HAH!! 

^Exactly it has nothing to do with safety its big business for insurance companies because guess what Now you can't drive without SR22 insurance lol I heard of a few cases Where guys say the lawyers were able to prove The blowing machines hadn't been calibrated in yrs and beat the case but that was so long ago I'm sure by now they've fixed that issue You blow You go its that simple

I think texting and driving is a lot worse than drinking (a couple) and driving. These 16 year old girls swerving with their iphones are serious.

I'm in Chicago and we get our cars towed for tinted windows,sounds,tv's being on,weed ducks, you name it but open liquor and/or smell of alcohol in a car is a Dui and automatic vehicle impoundment and I hear the sob stories about people who lost love 1's my condolences but I been charge with Dui for a car that didn't even start So how the hell could I have been driving it All we was doing was sitting in the car drinking n listening to the radio The cop said long as keys were in the ignition its considered a Dui Locked me up and the car that didn't even start lol

Lol at some of the responses. But op drinking and driving ain't cool. But hire a lawyer and be done with it. Sometimes kicking out the 1500 for a lawyer has benefits

"i advise not operating a car" under the influence. To much idiots that are on the road like this. Smfh. Op you to were an idiot for driving, doesnt matter how much beers you did have.

Few years back they arrested a lady for dui and she was released the same night. She then went back to her car, drove off and ended up hitting another car and (i think) killed the person. Last year, WA state passed a law requiring automatic towing of a persons car who got arrested for dui.

OP, youll probably get it dropped to a reckless or negligent driving. Oh yea, lawyers are not cheap.

^Hahaha breathalyzer that's the little machine they might carry in the police car There's a bigger machine at the station I forget the name of it but I was handcuffed and forced by 3 officers to blow in it The PD or penitentiary deliverer as we call them behind the wall offered me a plea of 1yr jail time n 3 yrs probation I wasn't going bcuz they were only trying to slam me for
my extensive background I dropped the 5 grand and junkyard barked me out in other words I got a real lawyer who matches the color code and the whole case magically vanished

Drunk and texting wow

Ablinkin shut up man

He needs to get bashed to remember not to do this again .Any type of drinking and driving is unsafe

Smh you guys sound psychotic

Last edited:
I understand I made a mistake and I learned from it. I came here for advice not to get burned on it.

You should've foreseen a backlash. Not taking anything away from the people who have actually had negative experiences with people that drink and drive. You were bound to get lectures. The best advice you could have been given has already been stated. Get a lawyer and try to beat it since you were under the .08 limit.

this

op.. :smh:

but those other tests are bs it takes me a second to ay my abcs backwards without being drunk

There's nothing BS about being able to walk in a straight line, though. (or any of the physical tests, for that matter)

Also, I've known a handful of people who've gone through a sobriety test. None (including myself) have ever had to do backwards ABCs.

but those other tests are bs it takes me a second to ay my abcs backwards without being drunk

There's nothing BS about being able to walk in a straight line, though. (or any of the physical tests, for that matter)

Also, I've known a handful of people who've gone through a sobriety test. None (including myself) have ever had to do backwards ABCs.

The BS thing about the sobriety tests is that they're designed for you to fail. Even if you can walk in a straight line, the officer can, and will, say you failed. My friend's lawyer requested the recording from the dash camera and the officer claimed it was "lost" because the video could've proved that my friend passed the tests. Smh.

As for OP, get a lawyer, not a public defender. The lawyer may be able to find loopholes in the cop's statement or get your fines reduced...

i feel like the people really hating on OP are the ones who don't drink?

I find it hard to believe a regular person whodrinks on occasion is really giving him this much flack about drinking 2 beers, and being under the limit.
if 2 beers has him incoherent and failing field sobriety tests thats different. saying the alphabet backwards is not a reasonable one and I'd literally say I can't say the alphabet backwards because I didn't learn it that way, you seem to just be trying to confuse me. Like eff outta here

Get on him about texting and driving, he's an idiot for that and that's fine.

but the focus on alcohol is blowing my mind.

The folks that are killing people while driving aren't the individuals consciously calculating their drinking. If i go out, have 5 drinks in an hour.

understanding that I'm going to be chilling at this bar for at least 3 and a half hours. might walk and grab a bite to eat before heading home. understand that the trip back from the city to my car during late night time takes about an hour. and understand that your body removes about 1 drink per hour... thats being irresponsible? that's your logic? :lol:

I can't with you guys. Drinking and driving is awful, but that's certainly not what I see as drinking and driving.

There are so many more dangerous distractions on the road than a .07 cell phones, your car radio system, music players, etc....

^Agreed. Y'all are either young as ****, don't drink, or never go out. That said, texting while driving is awful. I'd rather drive next to a bunch of .014 drivers than a bunch of people texting. And no, I don't drink and drive myself.

i feel like the people really hating on OP are the ones who don't drink?

I find it hard to believe a regular person whodrinks on occasion is really giving him this much flack about drinking 2 beers, and being under the limit.
if 2 beers has him incoherent and failing field sobriety tests thats different. saying the alphabet backwards is not a reasonable one and I'd literally say I can't say the alphabet backwards because I didn't learn it that way, you seem to just be trying to confuse me. Like eff outta here

Get on him about texting and driving, he's an idiot for that and that's fine.

but the focus on alcohol is blowing my mind.

The folks that are killing people while driving aren't the individuals consciously calculating their drinking. If i go out, have 5 drinks in an hour.

understanding that I'm going to be chilling at this bar for at least 3 and a half hours. might walk and grab a bite to eat before heading home. understand that the trip back from the city to my car during late night time takes about an hour. and understand that your body removes about 1 drink per hour... thats being irresponsible? that's your logic? :lol:

I can't with you guys. Drinking and driving is awful, but that's certainly not what I see as drinking and driving.

There are so many more dangerous distractions on the road than a .07 cell phones, your car radio system, music players, etc....

I don't think the people referencing him OP blowing a .071 saw his OP updating about OP also texting and swerving. Either way he OP purposely left out vital information (in his initial post) to sway the initial opinions of others. If I was an NT detective I would send this thread and any evidence to link OPs screen name to his real life name to the prosecutor if he decides to fight his case.

Last edited:
I don't think the people referencing him blowing a .071 saw his updating about also texting. Either way he purposely left out vital information to sway the initial opinions of others. If I was an NT detective I would send this thread and any evidence to link OPs screen name to his real life name to the prosecutor if he decides to fight his case. .

FOH dude. Let OP live. He obviously learned his lesson. Only thing he did remotely wrong was text while driving.

I don't think the people referencing him blowing a .071 saw his updating about also texting. Either way he purposely left out vital information to sway the initial opinions of others. If I was an NT detective I would send this thread and any evidence to link OPs screen name to his real life name to the prosecutor if he decides to fight his case. .

Shut up.

FOH dude. Let OP live. He obviously learned his lesson. Only thing he did remotely wrong was text while driving.

He considers himself a lightweight. He drinks. He drives. He Texts. (what the **** is so important to be texting at 3 AM while on the road anyway?) You FOH.

Last edited:
I'm still confused how you don't get a DUI but get a court date

How can you get a DUI when you pass the legit limit check?

You guys are right, I'm sure this was the only time he was ever txting and driving. If I still had the pics, I would post up the pictures of an accident I was in because the other driver was only txting and driving this one time . But YOLO right (That YOLO was in bad taste).............................
right guys .............................
right .........

Also reading comprehension is key (reread my post) ..... He OP left out that he OP was also TEXTING and SWERVING in his OP's initial post purposely...

BTW I get it. txting, drinking and driving is only forgiveable at 3 am in morning.......by yourself....... and of course only after two drinks. Because you know the only life he OP could've ended was his own. OP's
:smh:

EDIT

{Extremely Preachy| If we continue to act like actions like OP's (even though I believe this is a troll thread) can be compartmentalized to the specific settings, then it will be treated as such by other people such as OP or people that see themselves as him ie. a kid/person making a dumb decision at 3am. But this is not about the setting, time or place. It's about it being not acceptable to text and drive under any circumstance regardless of time, place or setting. Then you add drinking to the equation

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom