Trouble with DUI's...

I'm still confused how you don't get a DUI but get a court date

How can you get a DUI when you pass the legit limit check?
The court date determines whether he's guilty or not.  The cop arrested him on the suspicion of driving under the influence and is charging him with that, it's up to the judge to decide if OP gets a DUI or not on his record.

The .08 law is BS from my understanding, my friend blew a .07 as well and still got charged with a wet reckless, which is essentially a DUI with less fines.  Technically speaking, if you even blow anything over a .000, the cop can say you're under the influence of some drug and the court can find you guilty.  Really depends on the officer and the circumstance...

Last edited:
but isint that limit designed to determine whether someone is too intoxicated to drive or not? It seems like a joke that the guy gets arrested for drinking two beers and driving.
No, the limit is not designed to determine whether someone is too intoxicated or not. That limit is there to dictate the legal limit of BAC level. Everyone is different and some people can be drunk off of one beer and not be able to function correctly, much less drive a freakin vehicle. 

Some of the people in NT amazes me... talking about how a man should be able to down two beers and still be able to drive blah blah blah... seriously? lol.

You deserve this one OP but I do hope you beat the case considering that no one really got hurt.

I got pulled over at 3am in Washington state(0.08 limit). Blew a .071 and the cop still towed my car and took me in for a couple of hours. I got court on 6/21. I know someone has experienced a DUI on here before. Any advice on how I can beat this thing? Hire a attorney as opposed to a public defender? I have a feeling they will throw it out at pre-trial. Got a drug and alcohol assessment set up for tomorrow also.

You shouldn't have agreed to a breathalyzer or roadside tests, then you would have beaten it. Depending on your state, you may have lost your license for a year for refusal, but that would happen with a DUI anyways, and it is a much better option. You should never use a public defender if you have money to hire a competent attorney. Driving drunk is dangerous and irresponsible, next time call a cab or walk.

I still don't get why they towed his car and everything if he was under the limit. Shouldn't the police pay for those costs if the judge declares him innocent?

Son, if you get convicted of murder, and spend 15 years in prison, and are released when they find out that you didn't commit the crime, the state won't even issue an apology. There is no way that they are paying anything if the judge or jury declares you innocent.

Last edited:
i feel like the people really hating on OP are the ones who don't drink?

I find it hard to believe a regular person whodrinks on occasion is really giving him this much flack about drinking 2 beers, and being under the limit.
if 2 beers has him incoherent and failing field sobriety tests thats different. saying the alphabet backwards is not a reasonable one and I'd literally say I can't say the alphabet backwards because I didn't learn it that way, you seem to just be trying to confuse me. Like eff outta here

Get on him about texting and driving, he's an idiot for that and that's fine.

but the focus on alcohol is blowing my mind.

The folks that are killing people while driving aren't the individuals consciously calculating their drinking. If i go out, have 5 drinks in an hour.

understanding that I'm going to be chilling at this bar for at least 3 and a half hours. might walk and grab a bite to eat before heading home. understand that the trip back from the city to my car during late night time takes about an hour. and understand that your body removes about 1 drink per hour... thats being irresponsible? that's your logic? :lol:

I can't with you guys. Drinking and driving is awful, but that's certainly not what I see as drinking and driving.

There are so many more dangerous distractions on the road than a .07 cell phones, your car radio system, music players, etc....
If he blew a 0.08, you wouldn't be making this argument. Maybe his BAC had reached its peak when he blew. Or maybe it was on the way up, and he would have blown a 0.08 half an hour later. Or maybe it was on the way down, and he would have blown a 0.08 half an hour earlier.

NT's favorite argument is you don't understand. Fact of the matter is that you don't know me or what I've experienced. Dude had one beer (he changed his story later) and blew a 0.071. He should never be driving even after a single drink if that's the case.

if you're lucky, the judge might go easy on you . . . OTHERWISE, pay the fine, pay the lawyer fees and serve your license suspension.

you'll probably get more worked up trying to argue with us here than working things out with a lawyer and the judge.

Last edited:
Messed up few years back and blew a .147. Attorney got me off scott free. They took my license but it was still valid until trial where charges were dropped. i did have to do the madd meetings and community service but it never hit my record. My advice..pony up and get an attorney. **** happens. it aint the end of the world. good luck and glad noone was hurt.

I find it hard to believe a regular person whodrinks on occasion is really giving him this much flack about drinking 2 beers, and being under the limit.
if 2 beers has him incoherent and failing field sobriety tests thats different. saying the alphabet backwards is not a reasonable one and I'd literally say I can't say the alphabet backwards because I didn't learn it that way, you seem to just be trying to confuse me. Like eff outta here

The folks that are killing people while driving aren't the individuals consciously calculating their drinking. If i go out, have 5 drinks in an hour.

understanding that I'm going to be chilling at this bar for at least 3 and a half hours. might walk and grab a bite to eat before heading home. understand that the trip back from the city to my car during late night time takes about an hour. and understand that your body removes about 1 drink per hour... thats being irresponsible? that's your logic? :lol:

I can't with you guys. Drinking and driving is awful, but that's certainly not what I see as drinking and driving.

There are so many more dangerous distractions on the road than a .07 cell phones, your car radio system, music players, etc....

I don't think the people referencing him blowing a .071 saw his updating about also texting. Either way he purposely left out vital information to sway the initial opinions of others. If I was an NT detective I would send this thread and any evidence to link OPs screen name to his real life name to the prosecutor if he decides to fight his case. .

You guys are right, I'm sure this was the only time he was ever txting and driving. If I still had the pics, I would post up the pics of an accident I was in because the other driver was only txting and driving this one time . But YOLO right .............................
right guys .............................
right .........

Also reading comprehension is key (reread my post) ..... He left out that he was also TEXTING and SWERVING in his initial post purposely...

BTW I get it. txting, drinking and driving is only forgiveable at 3 am in morning.......by yourself....... and of course only after two drinks. Because you know the only life he could've ended was his own.

:smh:

jaguar-fan-gif.gif

Exactly :smh: overly judgemental *** dudes love to come in these type of threads

Back
Top Bottom