UA Curry 4

Hesitated on the preorder, my son's size 7 sold out.

Oy.

Should be available locally though, so not really tripping just yet.

Hesitated on the preorder, my son's size 7 sold out.

Oy.

Should be available locally though, so not really tripping just yet.

Probably will be able to get the GS (youth) version a little cheaper when they actually release.

Pre-order sold out.

Attachments

• IMG_4654.jpg
    IMG_4654.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 17
I know the Curry 3 was a bust, but I hope they don't do this limited hype on the 4. They have a better design that people are excited for, give the people what they want.

"Practice makes progress, and Under Armour Inc (NYSE: UAA)’s taking the classic sports mantra to heart.

The company’s weekend tease of its Curry 4 shoes demonstrated growth in game planning that could herald continued category wins.

“Even against a challenging backdrop, we see opportunity for Curry 4 to drive significant improvement in footwear for UA, as the company has incorporated learnings from [last year’s] missteps into this launch strategy, including a focus on scarcity, with fewer colorways and more exclusives,” Jefferies analyst Randal Konik wrote in a Monday note.

Curry 4 debuted in limited supply in China, Boston, Chicago and California and was well received ahead of its Oct. 27 global launch. Within hours, the product sold out in Chicago and remained in just one size in Boston.

“We think seeding the US market with an extremely limited supply of this product was smart ... generating buzz and demand for the impending wider release,” Konik wrote (see Konik's track record here).

At $130, Curry 4 is slightly less expensive than the $139.99 Curry 3, a margin Jefferies considers favorable to drive full-price sales.

Getting With The Times

Under Armour also demonstrated progress in delivering “more fashion-forward” products.

The firm launched its “Unstoppable Collection” last week exclusively at Dicks Sporting Goods Inc (NYSE: DKS) to better penetrate the trending lifestyle market. Jefferies was happy to see the brand, although limited in variety, was selling at full-price and that ****’s had committed it to center-aisle prominence.

“We also liked the versatility of the assortment ... aligning with UA's goal to make the business less key-item driven and less weather reliant during the holiday season,” Konik wrote.

Jefferies maintains a Buy rating on the stock with a $28 price target. At the time of publication, Under Armour was trading at $16.73, down 1.7 percent off the open."

You don't penetrate the lifestyle market by selling your product exclusively at Richards. And the Chinas sold horribly in Boston. But I love the 4 and am glad hype is low. Still waiting to hear from my man in China dammit.

You don't penetrate the lifestyle market by selling your product exclusively at Richards. And the Chinas sold horribly in Boston. But I love the 4 and am glad hype is low. Still waiting to hear from my man in China dammit.

Lukewarm reception in Boston is funny to me, as compared with my experience in Chicago.

All in all, even though the Chicago store had just 15 pairs, I was still surprised there was a line of nearly 30 people.

Surely a fraction of most line-ups for Adidas and Nike merch, but cool nonetheless.

And you’re right, wanting lifestyle dollars while on a sporting goods store’s shelf ain’t gonna cut it.

Never liked UA anything, but these jawns are good money with me...design, price point, everything.

I love how they completely over state all this stuff for financial breakdowns.....long and short....under armor finally made an appealing shoe.

Ua really meant that ishh too.. only 15 pairs and nothing smaller then a 10 lol

Last edited:
View media item 2071902Haven't seen anyone talk about this yet but what's going on here? Can't find any news outlet to confirm how real this is but it's on finish line so it must be real

Attachments

• IMG_1683.PNG
    IMG_1683.PNG
    107.8 KB · Views: 45
Give it. Hopefully it's the black/gold pair he wore and the gold/black from the parade. I'll sell the gold/black.

Is this going to be the theme of the Curry 4? First it was More Magic, now it's More Rings...

As for the c/w listed on finish line, it sounds like the mainly black pair with the gradient gold on the midsole and not the black/white/gold pair :frown:

Hopefully I'm wrong...I wonder what the second pair would be and what the retail price for the pack is. My guess is $300.

5FA7C5C0-CA20-43E0-9087-5C30A02B74B9.jpeg

These came in today. I like the look and how the knit feels nice on the top of my foot. They fit about a half size small though. Probably could wear a 12.5/13 instead of my usual 12

how? from the UA website pre-order or

Back
Top Bottom