Uber Driver killed by 13 and 15 yr old in DC

That kid was in new york, right? Queens?

Or has this become a catchall thread where we can post just black kids doing heinous stuff anyplace we can find it?

It’s not all about deterring crime necessarily. It’s about making sure the individuals that commit the crimes receive the proper punishment for the act/acts that they committed. Going forward a lot of juveniles SHOULD be charged as adults. Thats what it is about.
It'll curb crime. A lot of carjackings and robberies are done by the same people. Theres enough examples of someone arrested and being linked to other crimes in the area. Adult or teen, they should be locked up.

I'm sure most people will sleep better knowing the people who broke into two houses down the street wont be able to make their house number 3.

yeah i don’t get this light on criminality talk. once people commit a crime it’s highly likely they’re going to keep committing them unless they’re in actual jail for some period time.

the sad reality being we don’t have any concept of rehabilitation of prisoners.

but that doesn’t take away the fact that they shouldn’t be on the street. Maybe 1 out of 10,000 people is a legit criminal doing criminal stuff. Doesn’t make sense to cater society toward them vs taking them out of society.

It’s same as in a classroom. If that one kid that constantly causes mayhem sets the tone the other 29 kids suffer for it. That’s simply unfair (in my opinion).

I was catching up on this story earlier yesterday regarding this so called kid pushing the elderly lady down the steps. Believe it or not there’s some naive and very gullible people in this very thread that actually think some “business program” or “mental health” clsss is going to somehow set this career criminal straight. Very naive and gullible individuals indeed…....you dudes know who you are, SMH.

However I’m wise enough to know that this 16 year old career criminal is exactly where he needs to be right now which is locked up. There’s a reason it’s says in the Bible….”spare the rod….spoil the child”. This bastard child deserves everything that coming to him…….and yes this is one of those rare moments where the parents……..better yet most likely neglectful single mother deserves some of the blame and punishment as well. You raise this bastard….it’s on you.

That kid was in new york, right? Queens?

Or has this become a catchall thread where we can post just black kids doing heinous stuff anyplace we can find it?

giphy.gif

200w.gif

Call it whatever type of "talking point" you want; there is no way they care about consequences. Folks doing these things bare faced with no regard with what the outcome will be.

I guess the monument video would be "Respectability politics" because there are white people around and we know the only reason black people want other black people to act right in public is to be on good behavior for the whites. We can't just want to see each other do well naturally.

Call it whatever type of "talking point" you want; there is no way they care about consequences. Folks doing these things bare faced with no regard with what the outcome will be.

I guess the monument video would be "Respectability politics" because there are white people around and we know the only reason black people want other black people to act right in public is to be on good behavior for the whites. We can't just want to see each other do well naturally.

“But, they’re just kids, so let’s coddle them”

SMDH

Again, I think I fall somewhere in the middle.

I understand why these kids act this way but they are still causing havoc. There needs to be some sort of motivation from the law to stay in line and follow society's rules.

I don't THINK I believe a child should have to pay for it's mistakes for the rest of it's life because hopefully everyone gets the chance to make things right but these repeat offenders clearly don't fear repercussions. You see it in schools, you see it on the street. You see it everywhere.

But until we fix the root issues (which will NEVER be fixed in a capitalist society) get fixed, we will always have these issues.

I know you mean well @DCAllAfrican……but we don’t have time for that “fall somewhere in between he middle” mentality champ. It’s either jail time or business programs, one or the other. There’s simply too much harm and destruction that is being caused by these juveniles. Prime examples………

Interesting story of a man who was able to forgive the teenager who killed his son.

I haven’t read the full article beyond the IG post, but just posting this here

Speaking of the melee at the National Harbor……

The main takeaway from the article is this……..

“This requirement is intended to hold a neglectful or careless parent up to a reasonable community standard of parental responsibility through an objective test,” the bill states. “It shall, therefore, be no defense that a parent was without knowledge of the activities or conduct or whereabouts of such juvenile or minor.”

Bottom line……you raised them…they are your responsibility. Meaning you will be held accountable.

Definitely a step in the right direction. I still would like to see government assistance stripped away from the parent if that were the case, but as long as the parent of the teen suffers for the child’s mistake then I’m cool with that.

Back
Top Bottom