UNC Jordan 9 2019

IMO these are fire, but since the Black Infrared 6's drop a week later, I will have to hold off if I end up copping a pair.

its a solid midnight navy though. not the metallic pearl navy like on the lows. thats what made the lows so dope to me was that metallic color patent. these are more like the win like 82s with a solid patent navy.

Nah chief these colorway was conceived in 2002 way before the win like 82.

Also peep the direction of the jumpman on the heel.
upload_2019-1-9_22-31-59.jpeg
Preach

Are we sure the photo of the hightop white/midnight navy blue pearls are real?
Look at the first lace loop, it's like the lows from 2002 and not like the 2015 and after retros which has the first lace loop like on the ogs!

^^ Those seem to be GS sizes shown so far. The GS of the 16 white/black/red also had the bottom lace loop swapped for the hole, and the script missing from the outsole as well is GS. That and the pull loop is exaggerated and large which to me says "kids size" all over it. Wonder why we always get leaks of GS first... weird lol

My lows from 03 gave out last week so I need these, can already see these paired with the white Dennis Smith Jr. Jersey. Wore my 03s with the blue Finley joint.

Thank you for researching further. I hope that's the case but they should still have the phrases but the children sizes of the 3s and the 4s have "Jordan" or a Jumpman on the outsoles respectively.
The phrases were never on the originals kids sizes either.

Last edited:
UNC doesn’t have navy outlining their numbers and letters in their basketball units?

So much history with this shoe, had them in JHS. Begged my mom hard for these I was an 8.5 and didn’t know my sz, wanted them So bad my mom scooped me a sz 10 and I still made it work. I ended up wearing them from 7th grade till the end of 10th grade. Even did my first custom on these by turning the boxes on the sides the same color as the jumpman. Got a lot of love for it too, with that said IDC what drops the week after these. IM ALL THE WAY IN EVEN WITH A POSSIBLE DOUBLE UP

UNC doesn’t have navy outlining their numbers and letters in their basketball units?

No, it's a very muted black. Closest thing would be within the argyle. However, someone could prove me wrong if they knew the color code or something haha. My eyes have a very hard time with navy's and blacks.

The football team has gone full navy before.

For the official record though I do think Navy is technically a tertiary color, we just don't use the tertiary colors as much as a lot of schools. You can even see it in Ramses hat in my avatar.

I'd be in favor of full navy basketball jerseys for a game one year. I like mixing up the uniforms once a year. Whenever it happens though (PK80 tournament, Air Craft Carrier Game, Nike Elite Game, etc), the purist UNC people go CRAZY. They want nothing but the standard, which I also kind of understand.

Also for the official record - Rasheed Wallace and Jerry Stackhouse era heavy mesh are the GOAT UNC Unis.

Sorry for the derail.

Back
Top Bottom