"UNCarmines" Jordan 6 March 5th 2022 SNKRS is Trash

Champs - L as usual. Idk why I waste points on them :smh:.

Foot Locker - Waitlisted & then this happens :wow:.

A6A738C6-E8EC-47F0-88EB-AE458D541E80.jpeg
You gotta edit your photos out better Calvin. Lotta weirdos on the internet...

The way Nike is handling things now sucks. I’ve been in the sneaker game since the 90s, but.. it may be time to finally walk away. It’s too hard to get kicks. I shouldn’t have to try this hard to give you my money.
What is so hard about entering a raffle through an app? If you were buying in the 90’s then you were around when you had to WALK into a store and enter a raffle or stand in line for hours in the morning and hope your size was still around when you got to the gate.

Trust me, I’m not a fan of apps because I rarely win but entering a digital raffle is a lot easier than it was before. The problem now is that everyone wants to be a reseller.

What is so hard about entering a raffle through an app? If you were buying in the 90’s then you were around when you had to WALK into a store and enter a raffle or stand in line for hours in the morning and hope your size was still around when you got to the gate.

Trust me, I’m not a fan of apps because I rarely win but entering a digital raffle is a lot easier than it was before. The problem now is that everyone wants to be a reseller.

Before though the ball was in your court to an extent, if you wanted them bad enough you’d go early enough to get your spot & your only problem was shady employees

Now it’s easier to enter FLX for example, but you have to play their lil game to have so many points with them each year so you matter to them enough for them to ALLOW you to buy a pair from them…or in FNL/JD’s case you have to fight through a digital line for an early access queue & hope you’ve been ALLOWED to participate in the release by your store/FNL.

That becomes a waste of your time doing all the checking, they get you directly/indirectly playing their lil tap dance game of buying with them to prove your loyalty to them, they kinda hope to keep you on a hook coming to them so you win SOMETHING even if it’s not your most desired release, and you’re wasting your time/effort during the day playing all these games when you could move onto better things.

It’s not the same physically as walking to a store’s line but it’s also not as simple as just making some clicks on a phone & getting your shoe in your size(from your local store for retail), I think that’s what he means.

I’m with him too, all this **** is for the birds, I’m done chasing pairs & I’m letting them come to me if I even wanna try. I’m over the 2022 shoe releasing process, it makes no sense to have to outsmart computers & “get lucky” to give a greedy company your own hard earned money because you fought through a web of bots or were “blessed by the store”, it’s ridiculous

If I wasn’t a big UNC fan I wouldn’t be in here, but I am so I am lol, but give me the pre-2011 midnight releases over this, even as frustrating and silly as they became you knew what you were in for with the store

Is Nike doing a raffle for these? No.

What store did raffles in the ‘90s? We stayed up until midnight to be first in line, skipped school multiple occasions, and ordered from Eastbay COD if need be.

These raffles are not easier. If you look at any thread, you will see numerous people saying that they haven’t hit since Concord/Breds/Fire Red 5 EA. You could get what you wanted before with a little effort. Today, it takes double the MSRP to get what you want no matter how many raffles you try or tabs you have opened at 8:59am on release date.

How is that easier?

What store did raffles in the ‘90s? We stayed up until midnight to be first in line, skipped school multiple occasions, and ordered from Eastbay COD if need be.

These raffles are not easier. If you look at any thread, you will see numerous people saying that they haven’t hit since Concord/Breds/Fire Red 5 EA. You could get what you wanted before with a little effort. Today, it takes double the MSRP to get what you want no matter how many raffles you try or tabs you have opened at 8:59am on release date.

How is that easier?
Entering raffles on my phone while I’m at work then paying double msrp after striking out is definitely easier than standing in line all night in the rain.

I see your point though, the shoes used to go to the folks that wanted them most and put in a little work. Now it’s just plain luck/who has the best bot.

How is that easier?
Facts. We had at least 10 people enter 100 raffles to get a pair of bubblegum 1's for my niece. We lost every one. Got a late night text from my 75 year old father in law of him holding a backdoor pair in hand. It was never THIS hard.

Before though the ball was in your court to an extent, if you wanted them bad enough you’d go early enough to get your spot & your only problem was shady employees

Now it’s easier to enter FLX for example, but you have to play their lil game to have so many points with them each year so you matter to them enough for them to ALLOW you to buy a pair from them…or in FNL/JD’s case you have to fight through a digital line for an early access queue & hope you’ve been ALLOWED to participate in the release by your store/FNL.

That becomes a waste of your time doing all the checking, they get you directly/indirectly playing their lil tap dance game of buying with them to prove your loyalty to them, they kinda hope to keep you on a hook coming to them so you win SOMETHING even if it’s not your most desired release, and you’re wasting your time/effort during the day playing all these games when you could move onto better things.

It’s not the same physically as walking to a store’s line but it’s also not as simple as just making some clicks on a phone & getting your shoe in your size(from your local store for retail), I think that’s what he means.

I’m with him too, all this **** is for the birds, I’m done chasing pairs & I’m letting them come to me if I even wanna try. I’m over the 2022 shoe releasing process, it makes no sense to have to outsmart computers & “get lucky” to give a greedy company your own hard earned money because you fought through a web of bots or were “blessed by the store”, it’s ridiculous

If I wasn’t a big UNC fan I wouldn’t be in here, but I am so I am lol, but give me the pre-2011 midnight releases over this, even as frustrating and silly as they became you knew what you were in for with the store
It's not luck. Store managers give the shoes to who they want, that includes in the draw. Doesn't matter about head starts etc.

It's not luck. Store managers give the shoes to who they want, that includes in the draw. Doesn't matter about head starts etc.

Trust me. I'm an old head. Standing in line at 4 am wasn't fun at all! But, it did make things easier and gave you a better chance. Once I realized (about a year later) it was easier to befriend the store manager or area director to get the release you wanted without standing in line, the game was easier. It didn't become a hassle until after the concord 11 release and it was riots everywhere! Pressure was placed on Nike to make a better system for sneaker releases and malls didn't want the drama associated with a Nike/JB release. The snkrs app was fair in the beginning......until the tech smarties came out with bots. Game was over then!

Back
Top Bottom