-under 35 wealthy millenials ditching new york by the boatload

That’s what I couldn’t take anymore man....the winters were too vicious. Mating season is literally 3 months out here.
Me and Stephon Marbruy been trying to tell you this, but you were in denial.

Congrats on finally coming to your senses and moving south of the wall.
DarkComplicatedAmethystinepython-size_restricted.gif

Me and Stephon Marbruy been trying to tell you this, but you were in denial.

Congrats on finally coming to your senses and moving south of the wall.
DarkComplicatedAmethystinepython-size_restricted.gif
It's so tough to leave because outside of California it has the best summers in the country imo.....Problem is that's like 100 days here (not even some years) I work too hard to enjoy the outdoors for 1/4 of my life.

No diversity here either-both literally and within the corporate sector- was sick of that. All my boys I grew up with or came to know would dip after like 3 years.

Yah mentioning charlotte but like somebody in here said charlotte is becoming to new atlanta as far as people talking about flocking too...1 of my mans moved down there ( i think he said the area was called downtown but it wasnt literally downtown) said it was more expensive then he imagined so he bounced to gastonia ...said charlotte is poppin though but the cost of living aint as cheap as one may think
to be honest, charlotte is charlotte and Atlanta is Atlanta. straight like that.
anyone saying clt is like atl either hasn't been to atl and/or hasn't lived in either atl or clt for very long.
its just apples and oranges. similarities stop at both being in the south, really.
I want clt to be like atl too, I really do since I live here but its just not. actually, scratch that, I want clt to be a better clt. charlotte has a lot of potential like I said but they have to stop standing in the way of themselves and by they I mean older white ppl in power.

it feels like, based off of what i'm seeing, that they want charlotte to be upper middle class-upper class and white. all of the things they're building cater towards that and the stuff that didn't is being or has already been demolished.

clt has no real identity yet.
its just not popping, unfortunately. outside of bars downtown on Friday/sat everybody is in the house.
its definitely lacking in the cultural dept.
it might seem more diverse than some part of the Midwest but its really not that diverse here at all. no parades like that based off of ethnicity that are popping. no "ethnic" restaurants that are popping. I guess someone will mention merts or something. na. sorry.

ppl are coming via word of mouth but who is coming?
if you are a minority explore your options. seriously.

yeah, downtown is really uptown. there is not an actual midtown, downtown and uptown in the sense like it is in other cities.
"midtown charlotte" ...I could show you guys but its not a real midtown.
they're building but its not for minorities like that. clt isn't embracing things like that. I might have to just link to projects and show you guys so you understand what I mean. multitasking at work again now so I might not be clear.

again, if you have a lot of money and you have a job lined up where you can continue making that kind of bread, while there are still better options, clt won't be so bad because you'll be able to travel and maintain a certain lifestyle.
if you don't have it like that then be careful, straight like that.

Where are these better options? I had 3 options post grad and Charlotte beat all of them....That includes your city you love (NY)

I don't want to make it me specific but really is it that bad? It's one of the most progressive cities in the south..... Low cost of living, and great weather.

I get it you love Atlanta.....I'm in finance and that's a no-go for me. For me overseas is my next move because if you want to get real theres maybe like 5 us cities that top a lot of Europe. (I'm trying to move to London/Switzerland)

the epicenter, noda, central ave...that's it. you can google/youtube them and see for yourself if you think its really popping.
southend is done. they took that from us.
no eastland mall anymore.
Carolina place and northlake are average malls.
southpark is for the wealthy, really.
no retail shopping downtown aka uptown

what else are ppl doing when they're not working thats supposed to be so great? serious question.

*I gotta get back to work hold on*

there are only 2 types of people living in manhattan and most parts of brooklyn in 2019
the very very rich or the very very poor

the people who are in the middle are getting pushed out faster and faster
the only way the middle class is still living in these parts of nyc is by family foundation of years past having a inexpensive place to live and passing it on
at least by nyc standards of living

thats the cold hard truth

the epicenter, noda, central ave...that's it. you can google/youtube them and see for yourself if you think its really popping.
southend is done. they took that from us.
no eastland mall anymore.
Carolina place and northlake are average malls.
southpark is for the wealthy, really.
no retail shopping downtown aka uptown

what else are ppl doing when they're not working thats supposed to be so great? serious question.

*I gotta get back to work hold on*
The fillmore? Live music venue that brings in acts I would pay to see
I am moving from Minnesota man (Home of malls) could care less
I like to bike, workout, and a place to have a drink with a nice lady (outdoors!)
My flat is going to be hooked up (after work I want to chill)
Family- My uncle stays in Raleigh, the other in Myers Park
Women- Minneapolis got females but they ALL the same and from here. Charlotte is a city of transplants, shorties from NY, LA etc......
This isn' speculation, my boy took less money to transfer to Charlotte (consultant) and he won't stop talking about the females.

The fillmore? Live music venue that brings in acts I would pay to see
I am moving from Minnesota man (Home of malls) could care less
I like to bike, workout, and a place to have a drink with a nice lady (outdoors!)
My flat is going to be hooked up (after work I want to chill)
Family- My uncle stays in Raleigh, the other in Myers Park
Women- Minneapolis got females but they ALL the same and from here. Charlotte is a city of transplants, shorties from NY, LA etc......
This isn' speculation, my boy took less money to transfer to Charlotte (consultant) and he won't stop talking about the females.
the fillmore was cool when I went to the Griselda concert but its a pretty small venue and unfortunately a lot of acts don't come to charlotte regardless of the venue because of the college towns (like Greensboro and Raleigh).
as far as women...on the work computer right now so i'ma chill.
the same could be said about women here despite the fact that ppl come from other places.
it must be pretty bad in MN for him to not stop talking about the women here in clt. no offense to the women here but its not Miami, ny, etc if you get what I mean. its not even like a dc or atl. ok now i'm talking about women like that smh lol.

you can bike and workout in any city tbh.

there are 2342343 bars downtown so you're good there.

i'll say this though, there's a lot missing from clt but someone can turn that into a business opportunity that benefits both their family and the city of charlotte.
I would look at it like that. for example:

"there's mo music scene"
help the ppl already here to push the envelop and move forward or do your thing here and you never know. da baby isn't the only talented artist here and doors will be opened as eyes shift toward charlotte from his buzz...

there's a lot of potential here.

to be honest, charlotte is charlotte and Atlanta is Atlanta. straight like that.
anyone saying clt is like atl either hasn't been to atl and/or hasn't lived in either atl or clt for very long.
its just apples and oranges. similarities stop at both being in the south, really.
I want clt to be like atl too, I really do since I live here but its just not. actually, scratch that, I want clt to be a better clt. charlotte has a lot of potential like I said but they have to stop standing in the way of themselves and by they I mean older white ppl in power.

it feels like, based off of what i'm seeing, that they want charlotte to be upper middle class-upper class and white. all of the things they're building cater towards that and the stuff that didn't is being or has already been demolished.

clt has no real identity yet.
its just not popping, unfortunately. outside of bars downtown on Friday/sat everybody is in the house.
its definitely lacking in the cultural dept.
it might seem more diverse than some part of the Midwest but its really not that diverse here at all. no parades like that based off of ethnicity that are popping. no "ethnic" restaurants that are popping. I guess someone will mention merts or something. na. sorry.

ppl are coming via word of mouth but who is coming?
if you are a minority explore your options. seriously.

yeah, downtown is really uptown. there is not an actual midtown, downtown and uptown in the sense like it is in other cities.
"midtown charlotte" ...I could show you guys but its not a real midtown.
they're building but its not for minorities like that. clt isn't embracing things like that. I might have to just link to projects and show you guys so you understand what I mean. multitasking at work again now so I might not be clear.

Nah when people say the new atlanta i dont think they actually comparing the 2,more in the sense of everybody talking about moving to charlotte nowadays like they was talking about moving to atlanta back in mid 2000s (dont hear too many heads now talking anout wanting to move to atlanta now ..charlotte & the state of nc overall is getting alotta buzz)...ive been thru several cities in nc (not charlotte though) i cant get with it ,people mad friendly though

I love New England but I can't wait till I make my *** out West. I've only been here two years but that wake up in the morning with your balls hurting from the cold ain't for me long term

Late to the thread...

But I love Raleigh and Charlotte...especially now that I have a family and things like good neighborhoods and school zones reign supreme...

I’ve always thought of Raleigh as the perfect city to raise kids man...it’s so nice...

they aren't paying teachers across the board tho...not sure where they're expecting to go once they leave ny...

they aren't paying teachers across the board tho...not sure where they're expecting to go once they leave ny...
True but living conditions are vastly different in other areas. They’re paid less but at least live better in different cities

Winter hasn't been bad in NYC in years. these narratives lol...

Unless you don't like any coldish weather I feel you. I hate the heat so I look forward to the Fall/Winter's here
Imma lifelong NYer, Qnz rep. This past winter in NYC was cold(as usual) but very little snow accumulation thank God. What we missed in snow looks like we're makin up with rain totals. I'm opposite of you...I despise the cold/winter and thoroughly enjoy summer lol. You must be enjoying the forecast for the next few days 90 & up lol

Imma lifelong NYer, Qnz rep. This past winter in NYC was cold(as usual) but very little snow accumulation thank God. What we missed in snow looks like we're makin up with rain totals. I'm opposite of you...I despise the cold/winter and thoroughly enjoy summer lol. You must be enjoying the forecast for the next few days 90 & up lol

I started sweating just reading those temps lmao. Give me 40-75 and i'm perfect

Winter hasn't been bad in NYC in years. these narratives lol...

Unless you don't like any coldish weather I feel you. I hate the heat so I look forward to the Fall/Winter's here

I dunno about that. Besides last winter, I don’t remember the temps being at or below zero so many times.

Winters in NYC past couple years hasnt been bad, last winter was really cold compared to recent years though

Summers here haven't been too hot but cars people subways make it hotter than a mf

Back
Top Bottom