Union x Nike Cortez

ah crap, is going up half a size a must for these? just went with tts for the tan joints.
Repost: My true size is a US 11 a bit on the wider side. I wear an 11.5 in most air maxes and adidas running sneakers. I go a full size up in all Yeezys. I go a half size down in 990 series new balance and I go a half size down in timberlands and air force 1s. True to size 11 in most everything else. I bought these union cortez in my true size 11 and they fit fine. An afternoon or all-day wear will be more telling but it felt fine on the try on. Even had a bit of heel slip while laced loosely but I'm sure when tied they will not slip at all. Sorry for the novel but, I know how it feels to want to make sure you get the right side in a shoe you probably will never get a chance to just try on first.

Repost: My true size is a US 11 a bit on the wider side. I wear an 11.5 in most air maxes and adidas running sneakers. I go a full size up in all Yeezys. I go a half size down in 990 series new balance and I go a half size down in timberlands and air force 1s. True to size 11 in most everything else. I bought these union cortez in my true size 11 and they fit fine. An afternoon or all-day wear will be more telling but it felt fine on the try on. Even had a bit of heel slip while laced loosely but I'm sure when tied they will not slip at all. Sorry for the novel but, I know how it feels to want to make sure you get the right side in a shoe you probably will never get a chance to just try on first.
Lol nah I appreciate your thorough response! I ended up just buying a 0.5+ size up too in case, but after reading your post, leaning towards tts lol. We’ll see. Thanks for the info.

A6B2DD01-F321-4721-B110-2B0A0E875B83.jpeg

Go!

Got my sesame pair in. I went .5 up, and even tied tightly there’s a tad bit of heel slip, BUT they are so narrow there’s no way I could have worn tts. Even .5 up they’re like an exact fit width wise. And my foot isn’t even THAT wide.

Got my sesame pair in. I went .5 up, and even tied tightly there’s a tad bit of heel slip, BUT they are so narrow there’s no way I could have worn tts. Even .5 up they’re like an exact fit width wise. And my foot isn’t even THAT wide.
Thanks For The Feedback!

Sounds Like I Still Got A Chance! 🤞🏾

52189125908_4c8ab90d35_c.jpg

these babies just arrived. fun to look at and rub up close. interesting to me how the stripe pattern varies from shoe to shoe, based on watching a few videos. I like when they do that. still not sure if I love them but they're a color vibe I don't have and they might sneak into the rotation by fashion default

re: sizing, every nike I've bought has been a size 10 and all of them have fitted me just fine. I had to fill out the zion 2s and low top aj1 breds for a few days, but I've never ordered anything other than 10. I was sweating my sz 10 order on these when I read everybody's commentary and wondered if I should've gone 10.5. however, these 10s are *really* loose in the heel, like the back of my foot is freely moving up and down. if for whatever reason I needed to break into a sprint, these things are flying off. so I'm not a fan of the fit, this is the worst fit on a nike sz 10 that I have. maybe I have slim feminine feet, who knows

caveat: I've owned and worn these shoes for approximately 10 minutes

52189125908_4c8ab90d35_c.jpg

these babies just arrived. fun to look at and rub up close. interesting to me how the stripe pattern varies from shoe to shoe, based on watching a few videos. I like when they do that. still not sure if I love them but they're a color vibe I don't have and they might sneak into the rotation by fashion default

re: sizing, every nike I've bought has been a size 10 and all of them have fitted me just fine. I had to fill out the zion 2s and low top aj1 breds for a few days, but I've never ordered anything other than 10. I was sweating my sz 10 order on these when I read everybody's commentary and wondered if I should've gone 10.5. however, these 10s are *really* loose in the heel, like the back of my foot is freely moving up and down. if for whatever reason I needed to break into a sprint, these things are flying off. so I'm not a fan of the fit, this is the worst fit on a nike sz 10 that I have. maybe I have slim feminine feet, who knows

caveat: I've owned and worn these shoes for approximately 10 minutes

Yeah the heel portion is super lose. They took out any padding. I have no idea why. Tying them tight seems to be the only way to make em work for me. And the .5 size up was necessary from a width standpoint. Just a weird shoe from many decades ago I guess. I’m glad tts worked for you tho!

How’d .5 up work out for you? For me it’s a necessity from a width standpoint, but the heel slip sucks. But no way I could fit tts.
They are fine but I am not sure it was needed. I think they may have been a little snug to start but would have broke in. I dont lace and haven't really had slipping.

ejb

How is the comfort and cushioning of the sole? The crater stuff in the Jordan Craters is really hard.

imo there's not a lotta bounce to the ounce, that cork inner sole is hard and there's not a lotta cushioning in the midsole. it's odd because the leather gumps do feel nice and soft and paddy, but the sesames feel thin and hard. that said, I still like them a lot. sad thing though is that when I want a cortez fix, I'm reaching for the gumps, and I have to say that I reach for them a lot. they're a great late night bike shoe because they're light, white, and tight

Reactions: ejb

This might sound crazy, but does the black pair fit tighter for you in the mid foot area? I have the black pair and the beige pair and I can wear the beige pair all day whereas the black pair starts to hurt my foot part way thru the day. Same size, same lacing.

Top Bottom