Unstitching of the "23" on the Retro Jordan Vs (BLK/RED) to look Vintage OG

well been on NT for a while and never had done a Custom post before.

i've searched all over for this post and did not find one, so hope i am the first.. although im sure a lot of you thought of doing this so dont hate. (justbe positive and say great minds think alike)
The reason i did this was because i couldnt help but notice my Retro 5s have slightly yellowed due to age. when i was in middleschool i had fallen in love withthese shoes but couldnt get my hands on them. and then in 2006 they reretroed this shoe, but there was a slight problem, it came with the "23"stitching on it, which i really disliked, but i got 2 pairs anyway because of the fact that i love these shoes so much.

and since they already had that vintage look to them, why not make them look even more like the ogs or the 2000 retros. so i gone and took of the stupid 23stitching on them.
so here are the pictures...
Before:
http://s256.photobucket.com/albums/hh164/samsnotgay/?action=view&current=2009-07-12182303.jpg

Procedure:
http://s256.photobucket.com/albums/hh164/samsnotgay/?action=view&current=2009-07-12184638.jpg
http://s256.photobucket.com/albums/hh164/samsnotgay/?action=view&current=2009-07-12185945.jpg

One Number done:
http://s256.photobucket.com/albums/hh164/samsnotgay/?action=view&current=2009-07-12190212.jpg

After:
http://s256.photobucket.com/albums/hh164/samsnotgay/?action=view&current=2009-07-12200411.jpg

Just to let you guys know This was really time consuming.
I think it took me 4 hours to unstitch both shoes.
I would probably not do this again.

although it does look very much like the 2000 retro
let me know what you guys think

i wouldnt have done that but nice
looks like a 2000 pair besides the jumpman on the back.
unsticth it and stich nike air on it
that would be awesome

DOPE!!!! i actually thought about doing that, but wasn't sure how it would look...thanks for the pics.

eek.gif

pimp.gif

DOPE!
nice....
how did you do it again?

super clean.....

if i had the confidence to do it, i would make PEs, b/c i wear number 3....
grin.gif

Quick question...did you just use the tweezers and pull??? and i'm assuming the imprint of the 23 stays?? any more close up pics??? thanks, peace.

That's pretty nice, looks like a fresh pair of 99s. I bet some people will think they're fake cause they still have the jumpman on the back though...

Originally Posted by Souljaman22

that would be awesome

Lol that would take forever to do!

Originally Posted by Solefiend

Quick question...did you just use the tweezers and pull??? and i'm assuming the imprint of the 23 stays?? any more close up pics??? thanks, peace.

The way i did it was i got a pocket knife and cut the numbers but you have to be careful not to cut the nubuck because it will cut right through. i lost apeice of my thumb because i was reckless... like i said this procedure took almost 4 hours. and i would probably not do it again. luckily i still have my DSpair. i can say that this pair is the 2000 retro lol more details pic coming soon

Originally Posted by Souljaman22

that would be awesome

Cool idea. If anybody else wanted to try it, I would use a seam ripper. It's designed to do this and would make it much faster. You can get them inthe fabric/sewing dept. at walmart or any craft place.

AC048946l.jpg

oman if only i had that during those painful hours...
but tell me how am i suppose to pull out the cut seams?

Not something I'd ever do, but to each his own.

Should have just tossed in some white laces if you wanted the look of an original...

ieibev.jpg

20z36he.jpg

Originally Posted by Blazers21NTNP

Should have just tossed in some white laces if you wanted the look of an original...

ieibev.jpg

20z36he.jpg

i would left them on....in these pics theres 23's

Originally Posted by hustle hard

oman if only i had that during those painful hours...
but tell me how am i suppose to pull out the cut seams?
fingernail clippers are awesome for just such a project

Originally Posted by Martini555

Originally Posted by Blazers21NTNP

ieibev.jpg

20z36he.jpg

i would left them on....in these pics theres 23's
I think that's what he was getting at

^ That looks amazing...i may have to do that to my rb's...can you get a close up shot of each heel??? i'm curious how different the holes look on thesuede...thanks, peace.

you can see any holes cuz its suede. im doing it to my 3m's currently and I know there will be holes Ill post that pic later

Back
Top Bottom