UPDATE 10/3 got it: Free Free Free HBO for Comcast customers for 12 months FREE FREE FREE

Did the live chat. First guy said it should turn on within 45 minutes..... Nothing... went back and next lady said only phone operators could apply that code(truth?) but said she can give me hbo for $5 for six months and give me our HDDVR for free for year. So I actually save $11 each month, with HBO. But i'llhave to cancel HBO after 6 months as the price goes to $18.99.

Thought about passing and trying a different operator, but I figure I saved some money just less time with HBO. Thought i'd share with you guys. btwI'm in bay area CA

f5525a444166cc82db96894ad360959e4f17fad.jpg

this flyer is from slickdeals
They have a list of cities that they've tested some work some don't http://forums.slickdeals.net/showthread.php?threadid=1580417

^ I thought you lived in Wa? I live in Lynnwood, tried on Tuesday, and still haven't had it turned on. Did you call back and try again after you waited theoriginal 72 hours? Thanks.

^
yeah i suggest live chat. if they dont give you the 12 months or a different/better deal, end session and try a different one, seems like it depends on whoyour CSR is

Originally Posted by boomtho

^
yeah i suggest live chat. if they dont give you the 12 months or a different/better deal, end session and try a different one, seems like it depends on who your CSR is

yea i read about a member on slickdeals who did it, good stuff
Originally Posted by kangsoh1

^ I thought you lived in Wa? I live in Lynnwood, tried on Tuesday, and still haven't had it turned on. Did you call back and try again after you waited the original 72 hours? Thanks.

i do, use the livechat, should work no prob

Update for me:
-I called last Tuesday and they said it would be set within 72hrs.
-weekend rolls by w/ no HBO
-Went to Comcast LiveChat, filled out my info, told the rep the promotion didnt deliver, gave last 4 #s of SSN, and instant HBO!

Thanks a lot bro!

dude *+!, ive talked to like so many livechat reps and the closest deal i could get was HBO for $5.00 a month for 6 months.

EDIT : persistence and determination
laugh.gif
, finally persuaded a livechat repto activate the HBO, began to work within a few minutes.
pimp.gif

Wouldn't work for me. Tried the chat and the chick had me on hold (somehow) for like 15 minutes then said I couldn't get the deal. I got the same $5for 6 months.

I guess I'll try it again though based on yancancook...

can you guys copy and paste your chat convos? or cliff note the gist of what you guys said that pushed them over the edge to agree?

Originally Posted by Jalrulz

can you guys copy and paste your chat convos? or cliff note the gist of what you guys said that pushed them over the edge to agree?

http://forums.slickdeals.net/showthread.php?t=1580417&page=23
check that thread out.
Like I said earlier I got 6 months for $5, but free hddvr.
1st live chat told him I called and waited 72 hours but nothing. He said he'll send a signal to my box and should get it in 45 minutes, if not, contactthem again. Didnt show up.
2nd chat: Told them I was told it would show up but didnt. She asked where I got the promo, I said in the mail. She asked if I called the # on the postcard, Isaid yes. She said only phone reps could apply that code (A lie) but said she can give me 6 months for $5 a month. I didnt answer for awhile then she said"and I can give you your HDDVR for free for 12 months". I took it. Saved a little money per month in the end.

I used live chat and got a better deal, but for the shorterm. I tried two CSRs and neither would give me the deal, but they compensated me by saving me $17 onmy digital starter package and $13 on my internet for the next 6 months. So, basically they're saving me $30/month for the next 6 months.

The lady I talked to said the promo ended 9/31 and that the mailers were sent out "eroneously". That's why she compensated me. They did stilloffer me the HBO for $5/month for 6 months too.

Good luck to everyone else.

Im in sacramento. Called on 9/28 they took my info said no problem. As of 10/6 no HBO
nerd.gif

Called Comcast they told me to call the promo company who advertised the free HBO, but they could offer me HBO @ $10/mo
alien.gif
. The # I called told me the promowasn't available in my area and that is why I hadn't received it yet. Not looking good...

Back
Top Bottom