Update 3: Home now! Looking like that time where I leave this earth

I remember that post. Remember him saying he doesn't even smoke and he has some sort of lung cancer. But considering, 1.5 years is way longer then I'd even expect. From similar cases with family and friend's of family, 6 months seems to be the average span with some serious case scenarios. It's insane what a half year can do to you physically and mentally. If I ever heard the words cancer with myself, I know to start doing stuff I'd never be able to do a the end.

Overall this is a very humbling awakening for myself and hopefully others on here. I know we pride ourselves on getting shoes, girls, whips and chains and what not but we should sometimes just appreciate the little things we have. Good to know that Beezy had a good girl with him throughout this process. I bet that was a little more comforting as apposed if he did it alone.

Damn i remember him posting in Dressing better, i thought he was alright, i know he had health problems but he was still posting his fits.

Damn. RIP.

He was literally born three days before me... definitely awakening

RIP 
tired.gif

Everyone should sign the guestbook. He only had 1 person outside NT sign it. Show some love NT.

I don't think that now is the right time to try and contact/help the family. They lost their son less than 6 months ago and Christmas is right around the corner. Their first Christmas without him. I'm sure they are going through a lot this time of year.

If we would have found out sooner, of course, but right now is not the right time. We should wait until after the holidays....

GUESTBOOK:

http://www.legacy.com/guestbook/dignitymemorial/guestbook.aspx?n=fernando-acosta&pid=165564678

Posted in the guestbook...

Went back and read the OG post too... Really feeling some type of way. Eyes swelling up :frown:

We have to find a way to send something to the family for Christmas man. We have to fambs. |I

Methodical Management Methodical Management , is there any possible info you have on your side that can help? Know its a long shot...

i doubt @Methodical Management would give out their info like that

or maybe he will
nerd.gif
Condolences. Sad to hear this.

He was very supportive of my business venture and was eager to help. I definitely appreciated that.

I glanced over this thread not knowing what it was about, but someone sent me a pm asking if I had son's address.

I searched my email and couldn't find his paypal confirmation with his info in it.

If I am able to retrieve it, I MUST have some type of approval from his family before I broadcast their personal information like that. I know you all mean well, but out of respect for the fam, they may not want to be bombarded with items from strangers. If someone else has his addy, I would advisethem to take the same precautions.

I would like Methodical management to chime in because I trust his judgment.
I can certainly appreciate the desire to get in touch with his family.  This is a difficult loss for the community, especially given the strength and inspiration he lent to everyone by sharing his story and his courage with all of us.  

We don't want to feel powerless in this situation, and contacting the family would allow us to offer our support or at least show them this side of his life and let them see how many lives he's touched here.

However, to respect his memory we have to respect his family and their privacy in their time of grief.

Contacting the funeral home, as @Steinbeckballa  has, strikes me as the most appropriate way to reach out.  They family deserves the right to choose whether they feel comfortable receiving contact from strangers.

Locally, I think the concept of creating some sort of enduring "memorial wall' thread is a good one, and would allow us to share our favorite memories and otherwise honor and pay tribute to all those we've lost.  Links to related causes, whether disease research or any issues or organizations each individual may have been especially passionate about, could be encouraged.

If people are interested in that, let me know and start gathering together any stories, pictures, or information you'd like to include.  

As an additional option: I spoke with Huddler's VP of product last week and it's possible for us to incorporate support for Stanford's "Folding @Home" project right here on NikeTalk, as has been done on overlock.net.

Folding @Home, for those  who don't know, allows anyone interested to donate the spare processing power of their computers to assist in research related to cancer, Alzheimer's, Huntington's, and Parkinson's disease.  I believe it's even possible for users to track and share their contributions to this research on our site, either in a signature module or on your profile page.  

That's something I'm hoping to activate on NikeTalk soon, and it would be a fitting way to put our combined computing power to use to fight back against the ailments that have robbed us of so many friends and loved ones, including beezlocks.  

RIP Fernando,

You will be missed but not forgotten.

My prayers go out to your friends and family.

Thanks for putting things in perspective

Last edited:
Got me all sorts of in my feels ... Didn't chop up with dude on here much but the finality of it all is messing with me ... Hopefully there is a paradise on the other side ... RIP

tisall

I just signed after thinking the past day of what to say. I noticed for $80 we can pay for the guestbook to stay online for forever as it's set to expire next year. If we're unable to get money/cards/flowers to his family the least we can do is keep the guestbook record open.

I'm willing to donate if someone is willing to start up the collection effort. I'd do it myself but my life is pretty hectic the rest of this month.

I just signed after thinking the past day of what to say. I noticed for $80 we can pay for the guestbook to stay online for forever as it's set to expire next year. If we're unable to get money/cards/flowers to his family the least we can do is keep the guestbook record open.

I'm willing to donate if someone is willing to start up the collection effort. I'd do it myself but my life is pretty hectic the rest of this month.

Pm method man and let's get this going

Pm method man and let's get this going
I'm down to pitch in however I can

The funeral home emailed me back today.

As expected, they can not give me any contact information for the family.

Sorry bros.

Back
Top Bottom