US Economy

This is a lie. There are plenty of us that don't live with our parents and pay rent and are still going to tell you that the booming economy doesn't mean **** for the average person.

these mythical "average people" are living better now then at any other time in human history... life expectancy just went up again in America.

We are astonished at how long it has been since a there has been even a single quarter of negative GDP growth. The last time was in 2009 so over ten years of consecutive GDP growth.

What ever economist, who is not collecting a check from a Koch Brothers front group, is also astounded at is how little this decade plus expansion has benefited the bottom 90% of the country. Wages increases have persistently been at or only slightly higher than inflation and in some cases they have not risen at all which amounts to a pay cut over several years. It is not just low wages but also the increasing precarity, unreliable hours, scant or non existent benefits and hazardous nature of the jobs created since the 2008-2009 recession.

talking "average person" was da deflection... meanwhile every person on each side of da spectrum has aknowledged da stellar economy.

smokin'.

No one said the economy is bad. The argument is about who benefits from it. Once you pay your own rent, report back.

clearly by da report and by CNN's own reporting, everyone is benefitting from it.

wages are up 3% and climbing.
It overwhelmingly benefits those that are already well off. But hey let’s pretend 3% is a lot, especially when wages have been stagnant for decades. Let us know when you pay your own bills.

It overwhelmingly benefits those that are already well off

wrong, da video CNN put says da most wage appreciation were those on da lower pay scale...

do you just listen to music or just skim thru? >D :lol:

Last edited:
wrong, da video CNN put says da most wage appreciation were those on da lower pay scale...

do you just listen to music or just skim thru? >D :lol:

Did you forgot about the stock market? If you have more money, you stand to make more from investments. Like I said, those that are already well off are benefitting the most.

Did you forgot about the stock market? If you have more money, you stand to make more from investments.

deflection. they LITERALLY said da lowest scale of wages seeing da most positive effect thus far.

deflection. they LITERALLY said da lowest scale of wages seeing da most positive effect thus far.
Actually, if you watched and listened to your own link what she says is there has been some decent wage growth at the low end of the spectrum. You got any money in the stock market? It would honestly be sad if you’re parroting this **** and not actually profiting.

For as much as you talk about the economy and stock market, I have to ask....do you have considerable positions in the stock market, if any at all? Not throwing shade but I ask because as B boris mentioned, it’s atypical for Americans to have those types of investments.

Actually, if you watched and listened to your own link what she says is there has been some decent wage growth at the low end of the spectrum. You got any money in the stock market? It would honestly be sad if you’re parroting this **** and not actually profiting.

Ironically you posted this as I was typing my post :lol: It is a very relevant question.

You got any money in the stock market? It would honestly be sad if you’re parroting this **** and not actually profiting.

doesn't everyone have a 401k?

i know i got one (shoutouts to John Hancock)

Economy/business is boomin'.

enjoy it.

doesn't everyone have a 401k?

i know i got one (shoutouts to John Hancock)

Economy/business is boomin'.

enjoy it.

Actually no. A cursory Google search revealed Census Bureau data that while 79% of Americans had positions that offered a 401K, only 32% of Americans had one. Granted, I get it’s their choice, but that extra 4-8% of their income per year means a lot to some families in the present.

Do you have stock market investments outside of the 401K? I feel that’s the differentiator when it comes to the benefits of the stock market. Yes, I have a 401K but the fact a majority of my compensation is in restricted stock units and stock options is game changing.

Plus having the ability to have throwaway money on the side to invest in the stock market, which most do not, is also next level. First thing I did when I got out of college and am reaping the benefits now but unfortunately it’s not an opportunity afforded to many Americans.

Back
Top Bottom