*USA Basketball* WOMEN EARN GOLD v. ESP (101-72)! MEN EARN GOLD v. SRB (96-66)!

Not too worried bout the group. There were bound to be good teams in our group regardless.... Is Manu playing???
France is usually always solid, but we've always stepped up in the last few years and taken care of business handily against them, same with Argentina to some extent.

eek.gif
at DMC being the first player being mentioned for 2014
pimp.gif

[font=verdana, geneva, sans-serif]
[font=verdana, geneva, sans-serif]Colangelo on whether Demarcus Cousins may be added to the Olympic roster[/font]

While Colangelo didn't say who is in the running for the opening, it's clear that players who were previously being considered for the Select team could now be in the mix for Team USA. The Select team is scheduled to train with Team USA in Las Vegas from July 6 to 11, and will play against it leading up to five exhibition games that run through late July and finish in Spain.

There is a dearth of big men, though, with the Griffin, Love, Bosh and Chandler the only members of the team's front court who are expected to be available. That could lead to improved chances for Sacramento's second-year center, DeMarcus Cousins, who averaged 18.1 points and 10.9 rebounds per game this season and was already being looked at for the Select team.

"I'm really looking at the [Select] team we bring in to scrimmage our players, to a large degree, to be the makeup of who represents us in 2014 in Spain in the Worlds," Colangelo said. "And his name was on that list to talk about, consider etc. Certainly he would be a candidate.
[/font]

[font=verdana, geneva, sans-serif]
[/font]

They really should look at Anthony Davis, but they won't. All they need is another person to protect the rim at center so Chandler can rest. They get very little offense from that position anyway. It's the power forwards (Love and Bosh) that need to be versatile scorers.

CP3/DWill/Westbrook
Kobe/Wade
Durant/Melo
Lebron/Bosh
Chandler/Love/Cousins

IMO this will end up being the team, barring anymore injuries.

You really think Cousins will make the team this year????

cuz if he does, I am getting his jersey
laugh.gif
I don't even care if he racks up DNPs

Originally Posted by you big dummy

Originally Posted by Mourf83

Looks like it's gon be an all Nike team
Kevin Love isn't a Nike guy, although he wears them. 
DMC won't make the final roster, although him giving some breathers to the main guys for the exhibition games isn't a bad idea. 

Rondo has no shot after his debacle with the World Championship team. 

Team will be - 

Westbrook, Williams, Paul

Kobe, Wade

Lebron, Melo, Durant

Love, Griffin, Bosh

Chandler

^100% agree.......... but my rotation would be

Paul, Williams, Westbrook
Kobe,Wade
Durant, Anthony
Lebron, Love, Griffin
Chandler, Bosh

Bosh and Love can step in and take Durant or Kobe out and slide Lebron to SF.
And ya, Rondo ain't make a USA squad in this life time
laugh.gif

I just hope nobody else gets injured during the Playoffs.   We are stacked regardless, but I already feel terrible for guys like Howard and Rose, who are staples of the game, that they won't be representing the USA.  
This team is gonna be great and very fun to watch but if we would of had Rose and Howard instead of Bosh and Westbrook,  this could of been a REAL Dream Team II.  

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

laugh.gif
I'm gonna get the whole damn set if he makes the squad. Not holding my breath though.

I don't need Chandler's need having that extra wear, Knicks have enough injury issues.  Roy Hibbert
nerd.gif

D.Will>>CP3 for the olympics.  Guards get roughed up in Fiba ball and D.Will is better suited for international style of play.  Since we might be undersized on the frontline, having big guys across the board is crucial.  Starting 5 should be:

D.Will

Durant

Bron

Love

Center who makes roster

Edit: Nevermind, forgot about Durant.  I'd go with that starting lineup, cause what we don't have for maybe frontline size, it does have scary length.

frown.gif
Originally Posted by Mister916

laugh.gif
I'm gonna get the whole damn set if he makes the squad. Not holding my breath though.

I was planning on getting the shorts and maybe socks for sure
laugh.gif
just not sure what jersey..... maybe Love.... actually ya probably Love unless DMC makes it.

^100% agree.......... but my rotation would be

Paul, Williams, Westbrook
Kobe,Wade
Durant, Anthony
Lebron, Love, Griffin
Chandler, Bosh

Bosh and Love can step in and take Durant or Kobe out and slide Lebron to SF.
And ya, Rondo ain't make a USA squad in this life time
laugh.gif
Oh, I wasn't giving a rotation, I was just naming guys by position haha.   I agree with you though.  
There is so many ways they can start though, we might see a bunch of different starting lineups.  

I'm just hoping the coaches for team USA wake up and put Cousins on the team over Griffin.

Griffin brings absolutely nothing to this team. Team USA needs another center and Cousins fills that void.

Originally Posted by JordanXI45

I'm just hoping the coaches for team USA wake up and put Cousins on the team over Griffin.

Griffin brings absolutely nothing to this team. Team USA needs another center and Cousins fills that void.
Im not the biggest Griffin fan in the world (I don't enjoy players who can't shoot), but he is going to MURDER someone in the Olympics....you just know it, so it will be all worth it.   I don't even think he is going to play that much, he is essentially the last player on the roster, can't shoot (they play zone in FIBA), and he isn't a good FT shooter either. 
Cousins wouldn't even touch the floor.

laugh.gif
@ adding Rondo or Cousins to the roster.

would guarantee at least a couple fights @ London 2012.

Originally Posted by wcghost

laugh.gif

Rondos game is a MUCH better fit for this team than Russ'. His passing/rebounding and ability to steal the ball >>> Russ's explosiveness and athleticism, for the Olympics. And what's wrong with considering Cousins? Hell of a lot better than considering Griffin who wouldn't bring much to the team other than sexy dunks.

Originally Posted by bballah3

This team is gonna be great and very fun to watch but if we would of had Rose and Howard instead of Griffin Bosh and Westbrook, this could of been a REAL Dream Team II. 
Fixed.

Originally Posted by Rolaholic

laugh.gif

Rondos game is a MUCH better fit for this team than Russ'. His passing/rebounding and ability to steal the ball >>> Russ's explosiveness and athleticism, for the Olympics. And what's wrong with considering Cousins? Hell of a lot better than considering Griffin who wouldn't bring much to the team other than sexy dunks.

Did you not see in 2010? Russ's athleticism killed other teams on both ends of the ball (along with E.G and Iggy) off the bench. He got the opportunity to play some off the ball too alongside Rose which again teams had no answer for.

Originally Posted by Scientific Method

Originally Posted by Rolaholic

laugh.gif

Did you not see in 2010? Russ's athleticism killed other teams on both ends of the ball (along with E.G and Iggy) off the bench. He got the opportunity to play some off the ball too alongside Rose which again teams had no answer for.
This is a different team though,there's already enough athleticism on the team. The pg's have a different role this time around,during the Olympics

With this injures the roster is pretty much set i would love to have a younger Forward in the mix big men wise i had Westbrook on the maybe with D Rose hurt its a must we have him

i had a question IF D. Rose & D. Howard wasent hurt who would y'all take. Im sure a lot of people added Westbrook & Bosh but would you have them on the team still if the Inj didn't happen? i would of had Bosh Yes

Back
Top Bottom